GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,093
0 members and 1,093 guests
No Members online

Old 07-18-2001, 09:49 PM

I have a couple of goodies... one is my ex, the other is my husband's ex.

My ex: Total psycho. He was really hung up on marrying someone of his own religion. Trouble is, he would only date people who weren't of his religion... then try to get them to convert. When I wouldn't convert on his say-so (you pick a religion because it means something to *you*, not because someone tells you you have to or else!), he dumped me by IM, even though we were in our respective dorms less than 1/4 mile away, so he could have easily come over, and he could just as easily have called.

A few months later he IM's me to say he's engaged. Same M.O. - dated someone not of his religion and talked her into converting. She eventually decided not to, so he dumped her too. AFAIK, he still isn't married (and with an M.O. like that, I'm not surprised!) I also found out after our relationship was over, that he was on Prozac and had quit taking his meds.

Now my husband's ex - she was a real psycho b!tch. I knew her b/c she rushed my sorority and has the distinctive honor of being the only person we ever cut twice (and at a time when we were desperate for numbers). She had all the personality of a brick. She was apparently very clingy, didn't want to spend any time away from him, etc. Started talking marriage after they were together only a couple of months. Finally (after 5 months) he got wise and dumped her. And 6-1/2 years later she still isn't over him.

During my last year in college, I was unlucky enough to take a class with her. It was a class about ethics and law and the internet (interesting stuff, actually). One of the topics we discussed was privacy on the 'net, and privacy in general. We watched and discussed a short film about an engaged couple where the man had a hereditary disease and hadn't told his fiancee... she found out accidentally and confronted him b/c he obviously couldn't trust her, that he thought she would leave him if she found out she could have children with this disease.

Anyway, during the discussion, this b!tch said, "Well, I used to have a boyfriend, but he dumped me when he found out I have a hereditary disease and he didn't want to have children with me." (She did - but while nobody wants to have sick children, if you love someone it doesn't matter - you marry them anyway, then choose whether to take the risk, or adopt, or whatever.) It was verrrry obvious she was talking about my then-fiance. So I stood up and said, "I'm sorry to hear that. I happen to be engaged, and I know my fiance would never do anything like that to me, nor would I do it to him. We love each other, and we share everything, all our secrets. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, and I count myself lucky that my fiance isn't that kind of man." That shut her up good

It's my theory that everyone ends up having one relationship with a psycho... helps you recognize The One when he/she comes along... because you know all the things you want that person not to be.

(wow, this got long... )

[This message has been edited by aephi alum (edited July 18, 2001).]
Old 07-19-2001, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

The summer after 12th grade, I started dating this guy. We had only been dating a little while when he started talking about marriage! On our 3 month anniversary, he gave me a 14k gold promise ring. I didn't really want it, but I didn't have to heart not to accept it. We continued dating when we both went to our respective colleges. He got all insane. First, he was like, "How do you feel about getting engaged this summer?" His plan was to be engaged for a year, then get married before we even graduated! He always said he wanted to graduate early so he could get out and "start his family." I was like, "Calm down there, cowboy!" He was 19 years old! Why the rush? So I told him that we wanted different things from the relationship, and ended it. A year and a half later, the kid is still begging me to take him back. I don't get it. I know I'm great and all ( ), but...

------------------
"Seek the noblest."
Zeta Love! <3
Old 07-19-2001, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

I've got more. These are about actual boyfriends. I dated one guy who was a pathological liar (at least that's the only explanation I can think of for all the insane and pointless lies he told). It got to the point where no one believed anything he said... ever! And I can't believe I dated this guy.

Then another boyfriend of a year and 8 months stood me up one night when he was supposed to come and stay with me for the weekend at school. After waiting around till 10:30 pm for him to show up (and he never did) I finally went out with my friends to a party to get my mind off of it. The next morning I called him and asked him where the hell he had been. He was like, "I was out with ------ (a girl) last night." Needless to say I was angry. He didn't even have the decency to break up with me before going out with this other girl, AND he stood me up to go out with her! Not only that, but I had to call HIM to find out that he was dumping me!
Old 03-04-2010, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Psycho Roommate!

When my boyfriend and I first met Julina (whose very name makes me cringe now) she seemed like a sweet girl. She seemed different but we thought she would be a laid-back, easy person to live with – we were so wrong. Julina and her boyfriend rented the top floor of the house. To start with they brought nothing to contribute to the house. This was not a huge issue but it felt kind of like we were a hotel for them. Within the first week the issues began… their dog ate my phone. I was scheduled for a phone upgrade though and only had to pay $50. They didn’t offer to pay or even apologize but I didn’t make a big deal of it.

That was only the beginning… to be polite we keep our cat’s litter box, food, etc. in our bedroom. We have to leave the door open a little, however, so that she can get in and out. We would block it off with stuff though so that only our cat could fit through. Their dog pushed through twice in the first week they were there and ate ALL of our cat’s food both time. I’m talking two BIG bags of very expensive Iams. The first two times I didn’t ask them to replace it and they didn’t offer. I didn’t want their to be tension when they had just moved in. The third time it happened Julina noticed and yelled to me “You let the dog get your cat’s food again.”

I decided that it was time for a talk. I asked them to replace at least one of the bags of food and simply asked that they use a gate to block off whatever floor the dog was on with them and to gate him onto one floor of the house when they weren’t home so that this wouldn’t continue to happen. I was very nice about the whole thing and explained that my parent’s dogs would do the same thing and a gate was a very easy solution. The dog would still have just as much space, he just wouldn’t get into our room. At this suggestion 25 year old Julina literally stomped her feet and burst into tears. She sobbed and said that I was being ridiculous and that it wasn’t fair. She cried for about an hour and basically made it impossible to just have a mature conversation. She said I “didn’t understand because I was only 20.” This was the funniest statement to me since I was trying to talk and come up with a compromise while she was sitting on the ground having a temper tantrum. Her boyfriend gave me the money the next day (which wasn’t even my biggest concern at that point… I just wanted it to stop happening) and told me he would try to talk to her about it.

The next day my boyfriend, who had missed this whole incident, brought it up again not knowing how crazy she was. My boyfriend is a very nice, easy-going person and I’ve never seen someone get mad at him before. She immediately went nuts again. She cried and yelled and said that we just didn’t understand. She somehow related this incident to “not having control over her own life.” We decided this issue was just not worth talking about again and we started keeping our cat locked in our room while we weren’t home while their dog got the whole house.

One of the biggest issues we had with Julina was that she did nothing… and I mean NOTHING. The whole time we lived with her she never worked. She refused to take a job where she made less than she had at her previous job or some excuse like that… after six months though when the economy is this bad wouldn’t you take something?? Not her. Her boyfriend who was in grad school got money from his parents that covered all of their expenses. She seemed to have no problems just living off of this money and shopped at Whole Foods every day instead of clipping coupons and shopping at normal priced grocery stores like the rest of the college world. With all of this time spent at home she never even cleaned. She would do dishes and kept the kitchen somewhat clean but never once did she clean common areas like the bathroom or take the trash out. She saw me cleaning the bathroom every week and my boyfriend take out the trash everyday yet she never helped yet she constantly brought up the fact the I didn’t understand things cause I was young. I do understand that she is a 25 year old bum and that I’m 20 go to school full time, work 20 – 30 hours a week, and pay my own bills.

The issues with her dog only got worse. He is half poodle half sheep dog… a breed which should probably be groomed every 4-6 weeks. They had not groomed him for probably over 6 months and never bathed him. The dog was basically blind from all the hair in his face except for when she put it in a ponytail which he hated! The dog reeked. I can’t even begin to explain how bad this dog smelled. He would get on our furniture and make is smell and they never did anything about it. I even politely offered to show them a good groomer in town if they wanted to take him but Julina always declined. Every person we ever had in our house would comment on the smell and it was so embarrassing! Finally one of our neighbors actually called the MSPCA who came to the house and told them they had to take better care of their dog. Julina once again went crazy… she thought that the polite thing to do would have been if someone had anonymously given her a gift card to a groomer or something. A few weeks later they finally took the dog to the groomer and they had to shave him because he was so matted.

Thing with them continued to get worse and worse. One time I cleaned the kitchen and moved MY table literally two feet and she got so angry. She said that we should have better communication about moving things in the house. I would understand this if I had rearranged a whole room but first of all I was just cleaning and second it was my table!

The last event that happened that made us ask them to leave was just ridiculous. I was watching my 14 year old sister and her friend for the night. My parents had gone away for the night and due to recent safety issues with my sister they had made her promise to stay with me and I agreed to take her to school with me the next day. The next morning my sister started fighting with me cause she wanted to go out with friends instead. We were just having a sisterly argument that really wasn’t that big of a deal when Julina had to come get involved. My boyfriend asked her THREE TIMES to not get involved. She didn’t know about the incident that had occurred with my sister or why she couldn’t be along. I walked away cause I getting so aggregated with her. My sister said something like “She’s being a little bitch” (talking about me) to which Julina replied “No, she’s always a big one and thinks she knows everything.” I had NEVER even been rude to Julina and I was shocked that she would say that to my little sister! After this we decided that it was time to ask them to leave.

I feel the worst for her boyfriend he is a really nice guy but seems afraid to ever state his own opinion. She just doesn't give him a chance to talk. They have a completely passion free relationship. I've never even seen them kiss or hug. She went away for a few weeks once and it was the happiest I had ever seen her boyfriend. He watched TV everynight and just seemed relaxed. He even smoked weed with my BF's friends at a party. I hope he gets out of this relationshipASAP or her is going to have a miserable life!!!

We really liked her boyfriend so we were sad to see him go but we just couldn't deal with the crazy anymore!!! She cried constantly and she very clearly needs a lot of attention. I think she truly is psychotic and is just going to lose it one of these days. When I see her acting nice to people it seems so creepy because I know how crazy she gets. I always tell my friends that if I ever go missing to give the police her name haha.

Last edited by ZTAngel; 03-04-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

?????

Bringing up a 10-year old topic with a post not related to that topic? Edited by someone not the author (mod?)???

Not spam??? WTH?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Edited because she originally posted the person's full name (but not to mention THIS for a first post).
Old 03-12-2010, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I had one that cheated on me constantly (and I knew about it, but made the choice to ignore it) that one day BLEW UP at me for "flirting" with a mutual guy friend. I promptly listed all the girls I knew he'd cheated on me with and he then got even more angry because he was convinced I was going through his facebook. Actually, his fraternity brothers told me. Needless to say, I ended that relationship. I've also had a guy send me a list of all the girls he cheated on me with long after we broke up, including friends and sorority sisters. Had I known he was so mentally unstable I wouldn't have dated him in the first place.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaSigLana View Post
My horror bf story involves a guy who dumped me after one month. Well accoridng to him he'd probably say we were never really together bc he had all types of terms for dating. Anyway he told me i was taking him away from God and he planned on going into the seminary. Well a few days before he bought me lingerie from VS for Valentine's. I was like alright- noble guy- I was upset. Anyway I had tickets to our school musical so we were still going to go to that. Well I was walking up to his room and he has Kid Rock blaring- there were some dirty lyrics. So we went to the show. Then after the show he went to Hooters.I went back to school on Monday and he had written his ex a love letter saying the thing with me was open door. Also this guy when we were together-- beware graphic detail- wouldn't ejacualte when having sex bc he still wanted to be a virgin when he got married. Hmm how does that work? He never went into the seminary. Last I heard he is dating a friend of mine from HS.
Freaky!!

My friend was dating this guy who asked my friend to live with him in his condo and which she agreed. The guy told her she should earn her keep and so my friend, who didn'tr have work at that time did all the household chores and even doing the guys laundry. In short, the guy made her a housekeeper. They shared a room, bed, bathroom but no sex because the guy wants to wait after marriage. One day, after grocery, the girl went home earlier than usual, and lo and behold, the guy was having sex with a man
Old 04-04-2010, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl