GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 314,610
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, lfhmix

Old 04-30-2002, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to meheron
Greek stories:
Two years ago my roomate's friend (ATO) took a gun to a local grade school parking lot and shot himself in the head. I'm sure there was a long story about it but we tried not to talk about it.

My sophmore year right after I rushed Theta I got home from a Fraternity party to frantic messages left by my mom. She had seen that there was a shooting at a fraternity house on our campus on CNN. Well what had happened was a Fraternity was having a formal and after the formal almost all of them went to an off compus house rented by one of the members. Some randoms came and the renter asked them to leave. Well the guys got pissed and did a drive by killing two. (One was a girlfriend of the renter and now one of my good friend, she was standing right next to him at the time). Some others were injured. Lets just say the fraternity was punished and kicked off campus for the incident which I think is wrong because it was off campus and they had nothing to do with why the men shot at them.

Ball State stories
One of the Ball brothers who helped build our university had a son who went to Harvard. Well his son was flying there personal plane back to Muncie to visit and crashed. Well his father decided to build an exact replica of his dorm here on our campus. It is called Elliot Hall and its kind of spooky and looks nothing like anything else on our campus. Well in the 80's a young man went to the top of Elliot (which remids me of the library sceen in ghost busters where the books are flying across the screen) and hung himself from the high ceiling. Well if you go up there today you can still see the marks of the rope that he used.
Old 04-30-2002, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

. Well if you go up there today you can still see the marks of the rope that he used.

How creppy is that !!!!
Old 05-04-2002, 06:09 AM
GreekChat Member

not creepy or scary but I'll tell it anyway

When I was a KD pledge at the University of Maryland, the sisters told us about a ghost named Alma who was a Kappa Delta in the 1920's and for years had supposedly haunted the chapter house.

I never saw or heard anything that suggested that Alma existed, but the story was that she lived in the turret room (the house has a turret in the front) and could be seen dancing on the front lawn at night.

Well, during our initiation week all the pledges slept in a big room in the "attic." As a joke, late one night, one of the sisters (Chrissy) put white make-up on her face and arms, dressed up in an old-fashioned white gown and started twirling around in circles on the front lawn.

Another one of the sisters came up to the attic, woke us all up yelling "look outside on the lawn! It's Alma!" Well, one of my pledge sisters saw this and COMPLETELY freaked. She was screaming and crying hysterically. The sister who woke us up had to calm her down. She kept saying "It's just Chrissy!!!"

I felt bad for my pledge sister and I suppose today that incident would be considered hazing, but personally I thought the whole thing was kind of funny.

I wonder if the legend of Alma is still going on at UMD.

Last edited by Leslie Anne; 05-04-2002 at 06:18 AM.
Old 05-04-2002, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to APhiRattlerGal Send a message via Yahoo to APhiRattlerGal
Exclamation YIKES

Wow, some of these stories kinda freaked me out. I was reading some of them to one of my sisters and she just left to work. I'm left here all by myself...kinda scared. I think i'm gonna go call someone he he. yikes! Scary!

always-
ili
Old 05-05-2002, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face

yikes! I agree, I was reading the posts the other night and i was all alone in my house and it got kind scary...but I live for this stuff I love scary stories especially the ones that seem like they would really be true!! keep them coming!!
Old 05-05-2002, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chscrew144
Quote:
Originally posted by phisigQT
I GO TO UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALITMORE COUNTY WHERE NOTHIGN EXCITING EVER EVER HAPPENS!!!
was tha the campus where that fraterniy member died a few months ago of alcohol poisoning?
Old 05-05-2002, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDHoney
Re: not creepy or scary but I'll tell it anyway

Quote:
Originally posted by Leslie Anne
I wonder if the legend of Alma is still going on at UMD.
The legend of Alma lives on...my CDC was from University of Maryland and told us all the stories when she was visiting our chapter. Some of it sounds pretty creepy...
Old 05-06-2002, 06:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: not creepy or scary but I'll tell it anyway

Quote:
Originally posted by KDHoney

The legend of Alma lives on...my CDC was from University of Maryland and told us all the stories when she was visiting our chapter. Some of it sounds pretty creepy...
Yaaaaayyyyy!!! KDHoney, you just made my day. (it's the little things) I'm so happy to know that the legend is still going strong after all these years!

Old 05-06-2002, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chscrew144

was tha the campus where that fraterniy member died a few months ago of alcohol poisoning?
no, that was university of maryland, college park
Old 08-06-2002, 03:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
BUMP BUMP BUMP!
Old 08-06-2002, 05:31 AM
wreckingcrew

Holy cow,
This is definatly the wrong time of night to be reading these posts. Guess i'm gonna have to just try and make it to morning....

But keep postin em, y'all

Kitso
KS 361
Old 08-06-2002, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow these are some spooky stories! Glad I am not reading them at night. I haven't heard anything like this about our house (but who knows I was part of the new member class spring 2002). But at my school lots of crazy stuff has happened. Recently this past semester, a guy on Douglass/Cook campus (rutgers) hung himself in the woods right outside my friends dorm! He wasn't a student but his exgirlfriend was and rumor has it he was trying to get her back but when he saw she had someone else he flipped and killed himself. Then my freshman year 2 students died. One died during spring break jumping off some balcony at the hotel into the pool. He did it three times before he fell on the ground and died, he was only 19. Then a boy was found dead in his room he had some kind of disease and his best friend found him after he hadn't heard from him in a couple of days. Greek wise there was a guy who was drunk and when he got to his faternity house he went to the basement, fell down the stairs and died. That house has since had their letters taken away I believe. Thank god my house to my knowledge has never had an experience like this.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to GPhiBGirl
Wow, all of these stories are really creepy. I can't believe some of them. They make our ghost not seem bad at all. Here at Indiana State only one sorority has a house, but they still follow on campus rules and stuff. They are the Sigma Kappas. All of the other sororities live in dorms called the quads or stairwells. Each sorority has one. A while back we moved into the Sigma Kappas after they got thier house. Our alumni told us that one of the Sigma Kappa sisters was murdered and found later in a trunk of a car in a close parking lot. I guess she was murdered by her ex boyfriend over a holiday when no one else was there. She tried to get away from him but couldnt. He eventually caught up to her in one of rooms. The rumor is the Sigma Kappas know that her ghost is still thre so they held some kind of ritual or sayonce (cant spell it) to take her away from us and to their new house. Well, one problem....she didnt go. We have gotten to the point we call her by name and talk to her. She's not a bad ghost by any means. She just likes to take things from us every now and then.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face ghosts, psychos, and asylums...oh my!

Here at Butler University (in Indianapois) we have a few very true scary stories that I have read in old yearbooks and learned about in my Urban Legends class. First of all, it is a known fact that a ghost named Lydia haunts our TKE house, which used to be the old ZTA house. A ZTA was raped in 1964 at a fraternity house and that night hung herself in the cold dorm of her house. For over thirty years, the west wing of the house (where Lydia's ghost lives) has been boarded shut and will reopen for the first time this year. Odd things have been happening in the house this summer because supposedly Lydia is upset that her space is being invaded.
An interesting story from Butler happened in my residence hall freshman year. A girl was found bound and gagged and unconscious under her bed. Our small, private campus was on every news station and was on high alert for a week or so. Since a female student had been attacked in the neghborhood a week earlier, police were suspicious of another Ted Bundy type copycat. It turns out that the girl had actually done this to HERSELF for attention.
Lastly, I know that the DG house at University of Colorado-Boulder is an old asylum. VERY scary, supernatural occurances have been documented. Does anyne go to Boulder and know about this?
Keep the posts coming!
Old 08-06-2002, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dianne
Well, I live in Charleston, SC, which is one of the world's most haunted cities. EVERY house here has some story! on by itself. Creepy...but just part of living in the old South.
------------------
"Seek the noblest."
Zeta Love! <3
Well at FMU in Florence, SC our school used to be an old plantation with slaves, masters house, and slaves quarters. Our president lives in what used to be the old "masters house" and out near the student apartments are the old slave cabins!!! There is also a slave grave yard bricked off in the area near the dorms. I have a hard time believing that the graves were limited to the small area that the school has sectioned off. The school claims that is the area where the slaves are buried because the slaves were buried in mass graves. I find it hard to believe when the school in 30+ years has not built anything in that entire wooded area surrounding the grave.....