GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,318
2 members and 1,316 guests
Sarak24034, UofISigKap

Old 08-24-2019, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

On our Facebook pages for parents with daughter going through sorority recruitment, we've had a LOT of parents this year wanting to crunch numbers. Some of them get kind of put out with the admins for not giving them the material to work with, but honestly we don't have enough data, detailed or accurate enough, to do it with any meaning.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
Thank you for the replies. Today is preference and my daughter received invitations from her top two houses all week which includes her legacy house. Since my sorority does place legacies at the top of their bid list it makes for an easy night. Once it is official, I will let you know where she went.
How wonderful and exciting for both of you! Glad you both survived this week!
Old 08-25-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
On our Facebook pages for parents with daughter going through sorority recruitment, we've had a LOT of parents this year wanting to crunch numbers. Some of them get kind of put out with the admins for not giving them the material to work with, but honestly we don't have enough data, detailed or accurate enough, to do it with any meaning.
YES. You literally need the return rates, quota numbers for each chapter, total for each year, and a few others numbers that tread into members only territory really, for at least the last 4 or 5 years to do it with any degree of success. I can't imagine any parent even trying it.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh I’m glad your daughter has had a good recruitment at the U of A. I couldn’t reply to this or the other thread as I’m still involved with my chapter. All of the chapters at Arizona are strong chapters with amazing members. RFM uses a range of years of returns to determine how many will be invited back to the next round. You really have to be involved with recruitment for a while just to understand it. Congratulations to your daughter!
Old 08-25-2019, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
YES. You literally need the return rates, quota numbers for each chapter, total for each year, and a few others numbers that tread into members only territory really, for at least the last 4 or 5 years to do it with any degree of success. I can't imagine any parent even trying it.
But even if you were privy to each sorority's return rates, it wouldn't help because each PNM is different and how she fits with the various desired qualities of each sorority is different. So even if you knew ABC can carry 75% of PNMs over from round three to preference, you wouldn't know how Precious measures up to those that are in that 75%. Although a percentage is quantitative, what puts the women in that percentage is qualitative. So Precious doesn't have a 75% chance of getting asked back, but many people don't seem to comprehend that.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

My daughter found her home at Pi Beta Phi
Old 08-26-2019, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

YAYY! Ring ching!
Old 08-26-2019, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm trying to empty my inbox. I don't feel good. Sorry.

No one from UofA will ever post on ongoing Arizona threads (AAMOF that's pretty much true for all ongoing recruitments no matter what the campus). Speaking for Arizona, we mostly all know one another IRL or know of one another. We know who is lurking and not posting. We are a Panhellenic community and Tucson is still a very small town, believe it or not. I owe zbxo a lunch (yes I got your texts, wait til I tell you what's going on, I'm not ignoring you on purpose, like I said I don't feel good). I had dinner with AZ-Alpha Xi last week as well as with a Tri Delta alum who's lurking here and not posting. These are just illustrative examples. We all want one another to succeed. A healthy Greek system benefits everyone. We don't GAF about tiers or ranks. We want the pnms to have what we have had - a great collegiate experience and a lifetime of benefits and associations. It's not rocket science.

Now, for anyone else reading: if you've been involved at all with your sorority since your own active membership days, you'd have a pretty good idea of today's recruitment process. You'd know, for example, what your sorority's legacy policy is. You'd know that getting an invite past 2nd round would mean that your legacy would be somewhere on a pref list (another example). Just pointing out the obvious. My Panhell sisters have done a fabulous job here on GC (in this thread and elsewhere) of explaining some of the fundamentals of RFM. Data is variable and none of us are privy to return rates for any chapters other than our own. Actually, only the advisor(s) and a few actives are privy to this info.

to the OP, YAY on Pi Phi!!! I'm so happy for her. Congrats and I hope you'll be able to come for her initiation. It might be cooler by then (don't hold your breath).
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 09-09-2019, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats!!! Pi Phi at UofA is a great group. My daughter pledged there in 2013. Her story is on the site somewhere.