GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,588
0 members and 1,588 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 05:28 AM

Smile *informal Rush* at the u of WaShinGtoN!

hey all... this is my first time posting on this message board. i was just surfing through and since i'm going through informal here at the uw (SeAttLe!) i thought i'd let you guys know what's going on!

there's 16 houses here at the uw and out of those 16, 7 are doing informal rush..they are:

alpha gamma delta
alpha phi
alpha xi delta
chi omega
delta zeta
sigma kappa
zeta tau alpha

i'm a sophomore and i went through formal rush in the fall but i decided to wait til the spring and do informal instead. Throughout the week, the sororities participating in informal rush call the pnm's and invite them to mini parites to get to know the girls and see the house. each house has 2 parties during the week and then bids are given out on saturday!! the first round of parties are today (tuesday)... i've been called by 3 of the 4 houses that are holding parties today!! out of the 7 houses, there were 2 houses that I absolutely loved during the fall... i haven't heard from them yet but one of them doesn't hold their first party until wednesday and i still have the rest of today to hear back from the other one.. so my fingers are crossed!! there are also 2 other houses that i really liked.. and i'll be visiting them later today... i am so nervous!! anyways...i'll keep you guys posted on what happens! wish me luck!!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-25-2003, 08:01 AM

Good luck
Old 02-25-2003, 08:18 AM

Good luck snwboardnsammie! One thing I'll say and I'm sure you've heard it before--but please keep an open mind There are some great sororities to choose from and all have strong national/international organizations!

Have fun, wear comfortable shoes (hey, it's a recruitment thread, I have to say that!) and feel free to keep us posted. There's not much we like more around here than recruitment threads!

Enjoy!
Christin
Old 02-25-2003, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! I only really know one of the chapters there well (gee, take a guess which one!), but I understand that they are all strong, wonderful chapters, and you can't make a wrong choice.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Good luck!! I did formal recruitment my freshman and sophomore year and quit before pref both years. It wasn't until I chose to go through informal this January (my sophomore year), that I decided sisterhood was right for me. Now I'm a Tri Sigma new member and I love it more than I could ever describe!!! Informal is a great time and sometimes it's eaiser to feel comfortable and not worry as much. Enjoy it!!!!!
Old 02-25-2003, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck, have fun, and keep us posted!!!
Old 02-25-2003, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Good luck!

You'll get plenty of support here at GreekChat! We are all cheering you on.

Have fun!

Erica
Order of the Rose recipient
Old 02-25-2003, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck !! I hope that everything works out great for you. Just be yourself and one lucky group will be able to call you their sister!!! Please keep us updated. We LOVE these threads.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up go girl....

may it all be wonderful...
Old 02-26-2003, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck and have fun!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 12:52 AM

bLaHhhH...it sucks having to walk all over the greek system with a cold!! but anyways...today was the first day of parties for informal recruitment here at the uW...I had a blast!! I had so much fun. I ended up visiting all four houses holding parties today because apparantly there was miscommunication among the houses and not all the houses are calling the girls...just having more like an open house for whoever is interested. I loved all four houses ...everyone was so nice and we had so much fun! There is one house that stands out above the others... but it's too early to say I guess. Tomorrow, we visit the last three houses (including my favorite house from my formal rush experience!) arGgg....Saturday seems so far away!! I'll definitely keep you guys posted!! thanks for the support!
Old 02-26-2003, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladyj39
Have a great time and definitely keep us posted! I love recruitment stories!
Old 02-26-2003, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I'm so glad you had a great first day. Please post all the details, I just finished informal and I reall want to know what it's like at other schools. I hope you feel better and that the rest of your week goes as great as the first day! (and I think everyone knows what it feels like to think of bid day as soooooo far away, I had butterflies in my stomach all week) it will go faster than you think. Have fun, I'm rooting for you!
Old 02-26-2003, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Best of luck to you snwboardnsammie! I hope the rest of your week continues to go great for you!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 01:41 AM

Today was day number 2....kinda stressful.

There were 3 houses holding parties tonight, and I ended up missing the first house because it took me extra long to finish my lab today...which totally blows because I ws looking forward to meeting the girls and seeing the house. THEN, I went to the second house which was my first choice house during formal rush. Me and some of the girls I am going through this process with hadn't received a call from this house so we figured that it was an open house event like the one from last night, but apparantly it was not because the girls looked very surprised when we showed up at their door. I think there were some girls who had been COBing all year so this house already knew who they were bidding. There were two or three girls that they treated differently than the rest of us, like during the house tours, they got one-on-one tours while the rest of us were in groups of 2 or 3...and then at the end of the night they made sure to tell us that they would be calling us tomorrow to let us know if they want us back on friday or not...so I'm thinking I won't get a call from them. Sucks...o well.

I visited the third house and the girls were cool but I didn't seem to quite click with them...there were awkward silences and stuff in our convos...

anyways, so i talked to some of the girls that I'm rushing with because I hadn't heard from any of the houses that I visited last night and about half of them hadn't heard back and the other half had...I was feeling pretty ShiiTy...BuT...low and behold I heard back from one house (my favorite from last night) so I guess I'll be seeing just one house tomorrow night...unless they decide to call me sometime tomorrow (fingers crossed). This house that called me back called back 10 girls but they're only bidding 3!! I'm feeling a bit intimidated...

anyways, gotta hit the books now and stop thinking about tomorrow :T good luck to me!
Closed Thread