GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,510
2 members and 2,508 guests
No Members online

Old 10-03-2011, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
So you actually saw the ghost rubbing your back? Impressive. I'd love to live with a ghost that gave out back rubs.
Yeah, but she looked kinda like a girl all dressed in 1800's clothes, so it was pretty freaky, especially for me when I was 10 or so. She also stood near my bed a lot. She stands near the door now; she won't come near me anymore.

I realize how crazy I must sound, but I swear this is true. We also have a ghost that made my sister's bed jump and grabbed her ankle one night (This one was a guy).
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-04-2011, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LikeASista
Oh no! Not this thread again! Is it October already?! I absolutely canNOT read this thread unless it is sunny and shiny in the middle of the day. If I read it at night, I will HAVE to have a couple of drinks just to calm my nerves a bit.

Okay, my story:

~deep breath~ I worked as the choral director at a local middle school here in my town for three years. The choir room is where I taught and spent most of my time. I brought a little stereo system from home to use in the classroom so that I could play CDs for my students, ... whether they were learning new repertoire, relaxing during a party, or doing their "Do Now" activities, where they would dance to that dreadful Cha Cha. (I'm sure you're familiar with "Right foot ... stomp. Left foot ... stomp. Cha cha with the right, and cha cha on your left. Now turn to the right and move to the left, ... back it up! And JUMP!" Yeah, that one.) Anyway ...

What I found perculiar was that I never had a problem with the CDs used for learning new repertoire, but for some reason, my system would completely stop working whenever I played some of today's music. It would just shut off. I assumed it was nothing, ... maybe it was just the CD itself. Then, one day, two of my students were sitting at the very table the stereo was on, and out of no where, the radio popped on and began playing very loudly. I immediately assumed my students had turned it on, but the looks on their faces convinced me that they were just as shocked as I was. One student said, "We promise we didn't touch it, ... it just popped on out the blue!" I told them to turn it off, and it went off fine, but when I looked at the socket, the freakin' radio wasn't even plugged up!

After asking a few teachers if they were experiencing any strange things happening in their classrooms, they all began to tell me about a boy who'd been decapitated years ago right there at the school. I wasn't sure if I believed the stories, ... after all, that sounded a bit wild for it to happen at a school. Suicides, yes ... but decapitated? Come on.

Well, the story was confirmed by two people. One of the teachers assured me that he himself had been a 7th grade student there at the school when it happened, and that he would never forget it. Then another teacher, who has been at the school for 25 years, said she took the job immediately following the boy's tragedy, ... and was able to get a full account of what happened from the custodial staff who had to "clean up the mess".

The story was that the young man used to skip 3rd or 4th period every Friday with his girlfriend. The two of them would climb into a little crawl space up above the school auditorium to smoke pot together. The day the young man was killed is the same day he and his girlfriend had a fight, because she didn't want to get in trouble. The faculty and the administration had already gotten on her case. They were on to her, and were threatening to discipline her if she didn't comply, so she tried to tell her boyfriend that she no longer wanted to skip class. He became highly upset and decided to skip class on his own and climb up into the little crawl space by himself. He must've assumed that since everyone was on to the girlfriend, they'd be on to him as well. So, instead of stopping at that first crawl space as usual, he decided to go a little further up. And, at that time, the school had very large fans that ran constantly. Well, he underestimated how close he was to those blades, and wouldn't you know it ... CHOP! He didn't know what hit him.

As the day progressed, the boy's mother began to worry, because her son had not come home from school. They searched everywhere. Nothing. They questioned the girlfriend, learning that the two of them had had an argument earlier. Late that night, they decided to go back to the school just in case he was locked in a room somewhere and couldn't get out. Then, one person just HAPPENED to walk into the auditorium, and there on the wall was a mess of a blood trickling down from the top of the auditorium.

Immediately after that incident, the students talked about how they'd seen him in the auditorium whenever there was an assembly going on. And he particularly LOVED to hear the choir sing. Hmmm ... a music lover, eh? I think that explains why my stereo system would shut down whenever I'd play the "hip hop" stuff. LOL!!

[Sorry this was so long ... ]
#1 - Spring 2000

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." - Mother Teresa
Old 10-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeASista View Post
Oh no! Not this thread again! Is it October already?! I absolutely canNOT read this thread unless it is sunny and shiny in the middle of the day. If I read it at night, I will HAVE to have a couple of drinks just to calm my nerves a bit.
lol
Old 10-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

bump again for Halloween!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

To All You Guys with Ghost Stories:
I got this email from this producer last week. I forgot that I'd told him that he ought to look on GC if he wanted some good ones--someone else had sent me a link to his page. Sooo---send him your best!

Thank you for your email!
I know its late following up, but we had already casted that season when you sent this.
However, we are currently casting Season 2.
Since you are a moderator on the board, is there anyway you could post our casting notice so that students and alumni can see it?

Thanks so much!

CASTING FOR STUDENTS AND ALUMNI WHO HAVE HAD HAUNTED CAMPUS EXPERIENCES!

Mark Burnett, Jarrett Creative Group and the Syfy cable TV network are seeking high school and college students as well as alumni who have come face to face with paranormal activity on their school campuses. If you have witnessed a first hand experience with ghosts, hauntings or other unexplained phenomena in your classrooms... In your dorm... In locker rooms or on athletic fields... We may want to tell your story and recreate it on television. We are interested in hearing stories from students current and past, parents and current or former school employees.

If you or someone you know has a story to tell, please email us at:

RealityCasting@GothamCasting.com

Write "School Spirits" in the subject line and include the following:

NAME:
AGE (must be at least 16 years old):
PHONE:
RECENT PHOTO:
SCHOOL NAME:
SCHOOL CITY AND STATE:
DETAILED EXPERIENCE OF YOUR HAUNTING (Be as specific and detailed as possible):
NAMES AND AGES OF ANYONE THAT EXPERIENCED THIS WITH YOU
Old 08-24-2012, 08:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I live in southern Louisiana, an area saturated with ghost stories.

When my grandmother was behind someone and wanted to get their attention she would touch you on the elbow instead of tapping on your shoulder. She has been gone a long time and still does it.

I also have occasional dreams that come true and know things people haven't told me. Once my husband and I were watching TV and I put on my shoes and went and got my purse and asked, "Are you ready to go to the bookstore?". It freaked my husband out because he had been thinking about going but had not said a word about it. He is accustomed to it now and says I am his favorite psychic/psychotic.

ΒΣΦ
Louisiana Preceptor Pi -Exemplar
Old 08-24-2012, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate all y'all. Why did I read this at night?

Going to have to keep my daughter's ladybug nightlight in my room tonight!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
I hate all y'all. Why did I read this at night?
ME TOO!!!! And it's not even October yet! Now I need a nice glass of Cosmopolitan to go to sleep.
#1 - Spring 2000

Old 08-25-2012, 05:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Funny that this thread was resurrected the same day that I heard a doozy of a story from a friend of mine.

This takes place at Ft Bliss which is in El Paso, TX. My friend is an Army MP (military police) stationed there and he received a call that somebody was stuck in an elevator in Building C. When he arrived he heard a man in the closed elevator essentially freaking out screaming for help. My friend tried to get the elevator open from the outside but couldn't so he called for back up and the fire dept. Some more MP's showed up and they were able to pry to door open about half an inch and were able to see the silhouette of the man. He was waving his arms frantically and he started screaming even louder. They told him, "Sir, calm down, we are going to get you out of here, just calm down." The man wasn't listening and continued his cries for help. The fire dept shows up and they were able to pry the door open and when they did...

NO ONE WAS IN THE ELEVATOR.

My buddy said that 4 of the guys actually screamed out loud.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
My buddy said that 4 of the guys actually screamed out loud.
... and I just screamed out loud in this very public place called Starbucks. I'm afraid to go to the bathroom now.
#1 - Spring 2000

Old 08-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

PiKA2001, I told your story to my brother, who was in the army, and he told me this one.

He was stationed in Chicago, where he was in charge of the club on base, and that base had many ghost stories; it was pre-Civil War. He and this other guy would have to be down there at 4-5 AM to get things ready for the day and they would have to go to this huge freezer to get the ingredients for salads. One morning they went down there and couldn't get the freezer open. they pulled and pulled and nothing. They stepped back a few feet and suddenly, the freezer door flew open and a huge crate of lettuce came flying straight out and hit my brother in the chest and knocked him over. The other guy ran to see what could've happened and no one was there. There were only a few crates of vegetables on the floor.

For the next couple of years, no one would go to that freezer alone.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry for the long story, but due to the layers, it requires some explanation:

Several years ago, my dog was diagnosed with cancer right after Thanksgiving. A few weeks later & right before Christmas, my father had a sudden heart attack & passed away. About a month later (& 2 weeks after my birthday), my dog's cancer had grown from the size of a tangerine to the size of a grapefruit in his lung and it was time to say goodbye. I had just lost the 2 males that loved me unconditionally. Three days later, I had to leave for a month long project out of state.

By my computer in the living room, there was the ottoman that my dog (Max) slept on. Above & beside my computer, were old black & white photos of relatives, with a photo of my dad directly by the computer (& the dog ottoman).

Three weeks after returning from my month-long project, I drove from Atlanta to Tulsa to pick up a new doberman that a co-worker of my brother's was giving up for adoption.

When I got back to Atlanta, strange things started happening: my new doberman (Sasha) didn't really want to sit on the ottoman. I finally got her to get up on the ottoman when I was at the computer, as it was right next to the computer & I could pet her when I wasn't typing. Right after shutting off my computer, it would TURN BACK ON AGAIN by itself! Sasha would jump off the ottoman and run to whatever room I was in. I'd go back to the computer, shut it down completely ... and it would come back ON after I would walk away! I would have to shut it off 3 or 4 times to get it to stay off and this went on for a few weeks.

The first few days, it was freaking me out (& my dog too). I asked a friend (computer wiz) how this was happening. (This guy sold his software company to Bill Gates in the 1990's, so I was asking an expert.) The only technical explanation he had was that there was an electrical surge, but the rest of the electricity in the room & house never flickered, so there was NO surge.

I know it was my dad & my 1st doberman just wanting me to be at the computer so they could watch over me.
After that, I would LAUGH when the computer would turn itself back on. This happened for a few more weeks and I was kinda sad when it stopped. Guess they both knew I was going to be okay & how Sasha was wonderful "grief therapy".
Old 08-29-2012, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I live in the town of Occoquan, VA which is about 300 years old. The town sits right on the Occoquan river which feeds into the Potomac. The town is known to be haunted. Almost all of the shops and restaurants are. You can hear people walking in the upstairs apartments when there is no one up there. They also move merchandise. There have been several sightings of a Native American male in the mirrors of the local inn.

Because it's located near the former Lorton prison (it's now an artist's colony), there have been many times that the bridge has been closed down because inmates have escaped. Many times they have found their bodies in the river because they jump from the bridge.

I also live near the famous Bunnyman Bridge, which is located in Clifton. The bridge has a railroad track over the top and a single-lane tunnel underneath. At night, you can't see through to the other side. Cops hang out in the area due to the number of people that come to check it out. The legend is that inmates escaped from a local asylum and all were killed except for one. Locals then reported seeing the hanging carcasses of rabbits hanging from the trees near the bridge. A few days later, the police found the missing inmate and chased him until he ran onto the tracks and was hit by an oncoming train. This myth has been dispelled, however. In the 1970's, there were many reports of a man dressed in a bunny suit who attacked people with an axe. It was even in the Washington Post. Now you can go to the area and see a bunny painted on a tree near the tunnel. It was apparently inspiration for the character of Frank in Donnie Darko.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

It's Octoberrrrrrr! I'm bumping this for LikeASista!!!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Apparently I've never posted this here, but Phi Mu Alpha's national headquarters, Lyrecrest, is said to have a resident ghost, known as "Burr." It is known that someone died in the main house prior to the Fraternity's purchase of the property, and many brothers have stories of encountering Burr while at Lyrecrest.