GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,526
1 members and 2,525 guests
LaneSig

Old 10-08-2009, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Dear GoodTimes,

You better have a ball this weekend because after this It's time to get on the grind. Cause Cs at midterms are unacceptable and we need to graduate on time. You're officially on punishment. No parties, no boys, and no random adventures until there is a substantial improvement in these grades. Have fun!!

Sincerely,
Yourself dum dum
Old 10-09-2009, 02:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Dear Me,

Do what you need to do to get the job. Please stay focused. Cry to let off steam, laugh to bring in joy to your heart...do what you need to do at that moment but don't stop until the goal is completed!

You will be rewarded for obeying God. You don't know why God put this in your lap, but you NEED to be obedient.

I Love you,

Me
#4 - The Professor
Spring 2001 - GenuOne
Xi - University of Louisville
Old 11-23-2010, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Dear GKB,

Congratulations on your first Taekwondo tournament competition. I know, two years of study, drill and technique training, but until you actually face live competition you never know.... Well, when it was time to compete you went hard with yours. I loved the way you competed, unfazed by the challenge of a challenger of a higher rank.

You did your thing, and will only get better. Even though you got outpointed
4-5 (and I could argue there were a few points you should have gotten ) and took second place, my heart was happy watching you having fun doing your thing. You are on your way, girl.

Love,
Daddy
~ Luke 19:10
Old 11-24-2010, 02:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Dear Me,

I love you. Each day you show more and more of why you have a purpose in this life. I understand that your bday was not all gravy, and you basically felt the walls cave in a whole week afterwards. Do NOT give up. Yes, you aren't looking at the land of milk and honey YET, but you see that there are lessons to be learned before you get there. You prayed on that day in 2008 that you wanted to become the woman God needs you to be, well your prayers are answered. You've got to get a grip on having faith! It isn't a feeling and it isn't something you know... its what you believe. So you have to stop relying on the knowledge you gain from books, experience, etc when it comes to living life. You can only trust God. He will bring you to the level you are supposed to be at, but you have to TRUST and OBEY Him. You have to stop asking questions about certain things (those out of your control... like really out of your control) and let Him have His way. Unemployment ended in Aug and you're still here... Thank God! Yes, Thank him! So, being scared and frustrated is cool but don't stay in that state... trust and obey God fully! God has a job lined up just for YOU. Be patient with God because He has been patient with you for a lot longer.

I love you more than words can express. LOL! I'm so corny with you!

Sincerely,

Me
#4 - The Professor
Spring 2001 - GenuOne
Xi - University of Louisville
Old 12-15-2010, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlessedOne04 Send a message via Yahoo to BlessedOne04
Dear Me,
Chill out and don't stress, stats is not going to get the best of you!!

Sincerely,
ME
Old 01-03-2011, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

can yall please just sing the song? ...

Open letter to all high school pre-game national anthem singers,

As an Afr-Am I appreciate a little "flavor" in the anthem when it's performed before basketball games. But I hear the song at least 25 times a season (I'm a high school basketball official) so I have a little request... can yall please just sing?

I know it's a big moment for you, with 200+ folks in the gym and you all want to show off your range/vocal abilities, but there is nooooo reason anybody's rendition needs to roll like, 5 minutes. Really. Throw a flourish or a run, ok, two if you feel it and can hit the notes, but after that ...wrap it up. I seriously doubt Simon Cowell, Clive Davis or Diddy is in the high school gym just waiting to discover you and sign you to his label.

And never mind the folks who really can't sing the song and we're left to wonder "ok, their mom/dad has to be the principal because there really could be no other reason someone game them the microphone."

So, let's get it done and get the game on.

Thank you
~ Luke 19:10
Old 01-04-2011, 04:04 AM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
Open letter to all high school pre-game national anthem singers,

As an Afr-Am I appreciate a little "flavor" in the anthem when it's performed before basketball games. But I hear the song at least 25 times a season (I'm a high school basketball official) so I have a little request... can yall please just sing?

I know it's a big moment for you, with 200+ folks in the gym and you all want to show off your range/vocal abilities, but there is nooooo reason anybody's rendition needs to roll like, 5 minutes. Really. Throw a flourish or a run, ok, two if you feel it and can hit the notes, but after that ...wrap it up. I seriously doubt Simon Cowell, Clive Davis or Diddy is in the high school gym just waiting to discover you and sign you to his label.

And never mind the folks who really can't sing the song and we're left to wonder "ok, their mom/dad has to be the principal because there really could be no other reason someone game them the microphone."

So, let's get it done and get the game on.

Thank you
Ditto. Carry on.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Dear God,

I know that I prayed for a man to make me feel like this, to make my life SHINE like this....and I was frustrated (among other things) about not getting him. Okay, I downright pouted like You were withholding the blue gumball. I know. But now I see why it had to be that way. I had to grow into a woman who could handle a man that mature, that kind, that.....WONDERFUL. I didn't know how to let someone respect me and treat me so amazingly. If I had crossed paths with this man even last year, I would not know how to allow him to treat me so well and wouldn't be able to learn. So I'm thanking You, not for bringing me this man who was always there, but for allowing me to grow into a woman who loves herself enough to have him. Thank you SO much.

Love,
Your grateful and deliriously happy daughter.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl