GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,044
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, NikiMussen
» Online Users: 1,510
2 members and 1,508 guests
Sarak24034

Old 10-01-2021, 08:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Gamma Xi Phi Celebrates the Arts Through a Day of Prayer, National Convention

Gamma Xi Phi joins thousands of arts organizations and communities across the nation to celebrate National Arts and Humanities Month throughout October. GXP will carry this message to the community through activities that honor the efforts of artists, historians, teachers, and cultural groups working to make the arts and humanities a part of everyone’s life.

Everyone in the community is encouraged to participate in what has become the country’s largest annual collective celebration of the arts and humanities. The following special events are planned for National Arts and Humanities Month among members of the nation’s leading fraternity for artists.

Today, October 1, Gamma Xi Phi launches the Artists Day of Prayer. Led by Beta Lambda Chapter, serving rural and remote communities in the southeastern region of the United States, the Artists Day of Prayer has gathered clergy and lay people to use their faith traditions to elevate important conversations impacting the arts. Participants include Dr. Ansel Augustine, Reverend Arnette Georges, Reverend Chris Dorsey, Minister Kim Upshaw, Elder Damien Gardner, Minister Omari Jahi Aarons, and National President Rashid Darden.

Artists Day of Prayer Video: https://youtu.be/xdCtPOnU5P8

Press Release Continued: https://gammaxiphi.com/2021/10/01/adop2021/
Old 10-01-2021, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for sharing this, and we do often forget about the arts especially during times like these but as Rashid mentioned art helped so many find a healthy way of coping during the pandemic. Also Rashid thanks for sharing about your Quaker faith, I will admit until you spoke about it I knew a tiny bit about the Quakers so thanks for sharing a bit about that part of your life. Wishing you and your fellow artists well during this month, as someone who doesn't have creative gifting's, I'm always in awe of those who are.