GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Community Service / Philanthropy

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,044
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, NikiMussen
» Online Users: 1,300
2 members and 1,298 guests
AOIIalum, Titchou

Old 09-14-2021, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Community Service Hours

Does your org have a certain number of community service hours that members are required to fulfill yearly (or in whatever timespan)? How do you fulfill them?
Old 09-15-2021, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I would think that one would volunteer at any cause that is near and dear to their heart. That is, something they truly support and believe in and are not just doing for volunteer hours on an application. Service from the heart is always the best.

True and Constant
Old 09-20-2021, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I was thinking more like, what kinds of things do you do for your community service? How do you keep track of hours?
Old 09-20-2021, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Work food drives, sign up to help at homeless shelters, check non profits in your your town and what they do/events they have. United Way has tons of options. Do you belong to a church? They always have things going on. Check races - Race for the Cure, other non profit races - they always need volunteers. Get a notebook and keep track of the dates and times.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Work food drives, sign up to help at homeless shelters, check non profits in your your town and what they do/events they have. United Way has tons of options. Do you belong to a church? They always have things going on. Check races - Race for the Cure, other non profit races - they always need volunteers. Get a notebook and keep track of the dates and times.
Thanks! I am in no way religious and do not actually belong to any church or anything, but these are some great ideas!!
Old 09-21-2021, 07:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAMission View Post
Thanks! I am in no way religious and do not actually belong to any church or anything, but these are some great ideas!!
This should not prevent you from volunteering at an event put on by a religious org if you are interested in the "mission" of the project.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

OnAMission, what is something you are passionate about? Literacy? Supporting women to remove themselves from domestic abuse? Supporting those being treated for cancer? Community organization? Eliminating hunger? Mentoring women who want to enter the workforce?Think about one cause where you see a need and where you could help, and devote your time to that. It will mean so much more, and you will get so much more out of it (and be more willing to donate your time toward it) if the cause is close to your heart.