GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,919
0 members and 1,919 guests
No Members online

Old 02-20-2001, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Starting a fraternity

A couple of my friends and I were thinking and kicking around the idea of starting a fraternity; Tau Beta Chi.

I don't think it is a national fraternity and was wondering how we would go about doing something like this. Who to talk to? How to get sponsors? And legal stuff? and anything else that is necessary!!

Tau Beta Chi co-president

Chet b
Old 02-22-2001, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

First, I would contact all national umbrella organizations, and see if that is a fraternity name. I would also contact the IFC, SGA, and any other governing body at your school and see what they have to say. I'm sure there are plenty of profs that would like to be your sponsor. It will probably be hard starting out, but will be worth it. You may also want to see if any nat'l orgs are wanting to expand to your campus. If you share the same ideals, and they want to expand, it would be easier with their backing.

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.
Old 02-23-2001, 01:31 AM

Gentlemen,

I have to agree with Corbin above.

In addition, it seems to me that there are tons of logistics issues -- badges, logos, clothing, and lots of other stuff already available from established national organizations who may be in expansion mode.

I think most fraternaties have expansion information on their websites -- I know ours does. Check at www.delts.org.

Good luck.

DeltAlum
Old 03-13-2001, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi, if you guys need help or advice or anything, I am sure us DGP girls can help, drop us a line deltagammapi@hotmail.com
Old 03-13-2001, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

When I started my local as Beta Chi, I also gave some thought of trying to start a National Fraternity. Upon some investigation, I found it would really be tough as I looked at many National Fraternitys and read their history before PCU's for you that don't know , that is books. We decided to Associate with LXA and have never looked back! We have been LXA for 31 yrs.

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)