GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,354
0 members and 2,354 guests
No Members online

Old 12-07-2003, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

What college year did you pledge?

I didn't have the opportunity in my college experience to pledge until the beginning of my sophomore year.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-07-2003, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
I pledged Alpha Gamma Gamma at USC in the fall of my freshman year (2001). When I transferred to ASU, I immediately pledged KD that fall (2003).
Old 12-07-2003, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

ASU .. :P

I would love to go to ASU
Old 12-07-2003, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Sophomore, Fall '00.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Another question - do you think pledging a greek affiliation your junior year (I think) affected your college experience? To me that would be really late and I would think of how next year would be my last year.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by naglok
Another question - do you think pledging a greek affiliation your junior year (I think) affected your college experience? To me that would be really late and I would think of how next year would be my last year.

I was a second semester junior. For BGLOs, being a second semester sophomore or junior are more of the norm.

So, I knew I had one year active in my chapter and a lifetime active in DST, beyond my affiliation with an undergrad chapter. I graduated in '99 and have always maintained ties with the women from my chapter. I will always be FROM my chapter and I will always BE a Delta.

Old 12-07-2003, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Winter of freshmen year--2002.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
nope. I wouldn't have had any friends at ASU if I didn't pledge. And, since I have atleast three and a half years left at ASU (credits not transferring, lighter courseload, taking time off), I'm going to be with all the freshman in my pledge class til I graduate...unluckily I'm mostly friends with the Juniors and a few sophomores, so I guess I'll gradually get to know the younger girls.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I pledged the work term between 3A and 3B.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kappaloo
I pledged the work term between 3A and 3B.
What does that mean?
Old 12-07-2003, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

2nd Sophomore semester.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 12-07-2003, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChaosDST
What does that mean?
Oooppps... sorry about that.

I'm in a co-operative education program which means I alternate my 4-month school terms with 4-month work terms (where I work full time at a company). Thus my 4-year program takes an extra year, but I get a full 2 years of work experience by the time I graduate. I've heard of some American schools doing this too.

3A is the first semester of Third Year (Junior) and 3B is the second semester of Third year. I was in 3A from May-August 2002 and 3B from January-April 2003. I pledged Kappa in Fall 2002 during my work term.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:36 PM

Quote:

I'm in a co-operative education program which means I alternate my 4-month school terms with 4-month work terms (where I work full time at a company). Thus my 4-year program takes an extra year, but I get a full 2 years of work experience by the time I graduate. I've heard of some American schools doing this too.

3A is the first semester of Third Year (Junior) and 3B is the second semester of Third year. I was in 3A from May-August 2002 and 3B from January-April 2003. I pledged Kappa in Fall 2002 during my work term.

Cool

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:

Actually, I know of a lot of American schools that do this, but it's more predominant with technical colleges with an emphasis on computers/engineering/the like. I know both Virginia Tech and NCSU have these types of programs, I have friends in both of them.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I pledged my first semester freshman year. It was the last time a first semester freshman could pledge. I am happy that I did it.