GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,138
2 members and 1,136 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 09-22-2000, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Post I made a decision!

Well I went to the 2 that invited me back tonight, and it was a very moving experience. The first one I went to was the one I wanted the least, but their ceremony still brought tears to my eyes because I could see how much their sisterhood meant to them. I just can't see myself being a part of it. The other one, Sigma Sigma Sigma, moved me very much. I didn't know any of them prior to rush, but the girl that picked me is the very one I felt most connected with the other night. And their ceremony was so beautiful. They sang "Love Can Build A Bridge" and somewhere in the middle of the song, I just knew that I belong with them. So, I think I made a wise decision by giving them a chance, and I don't care what other people think. I want bonds that are genuine, I want sisters that I KNOW will be there for me.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-22-2000, 12:53 AM

Cool

Daisy,

I'm SO happy to hear you express things the way you did. You just grew up a lot. (sorry if I sound a hundred years old) Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Best,
"33"
Old 09-22-2000, 06:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
Congratulations and good luck Daisy!

ZetaAce
Old 09-22-2000, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
I am so happy for you! A very good friend of mine here is a Tri-Sigma and I know they have a great organization.

Let me know if we need to start sending you sailboat and skull clipart!

Barbara
Old 09-22-2000, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by daisymargarita:
I don't care what other people think. I want bonds that are genuine, I want sisters that I KNOW will be there for me.
Then you have truly seen what lies beneath the totally fake facade formal recruitment often puts up! You will be a wonderful addition to a wonderful group of sisters! Congratulations and keep on posting! Let us know about your upcoming events! You know we're cheering for you !
Old 09-22-2000, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

I can't even express how disappointed I am in other rushees who dropped out just because they only got invited back to one or two sororities, and neither were the most popular ones. They should have given the people that wanted them a chance. I did, and I'm happy with my decision. I received my bids today, and it wasn't hard at all for me to choose Tri-Sigma. I've seen a few of them around campus today and I just want to run up to them and tell them I've accepted their bid, but I have to wait until later today!
Old 09-22-2000, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

you recieved more than one bid?
Old 09-22-2000, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Congrats!

Old 09-22-2000, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I love the sailboat picture! And yes, I did get more than one bid, but I really knew I didn't want to accept the other one.
Old 09-22-2000, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

at my school (u of iowa).. the way bids work is that you list in order your top three houses.. and each house lists the girls they want the most, in oder. with bid matching you are paired up with the house that has you highest on their bid list.. so essentially you get only one bid :-)
Old 09-22-2000, 04:38 PM

Talking

Congratulations Daisy!!!!

When my best friend went to Longwood she always liked the girls at Tri-Sig best. She said that they were the nicest and most "real" of all the sororities on campus.

Have fun at Walk today! And get ready for your room to become a haven for everything purple&white and sailboats.
Old 09-22-2000, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats Daisy!

My mom is a Tri-Sigma. And I can't think of a better woman than her Even though she is not an active alum, I was disappointed I did not attend a school with a Tri-Sig chapter. It would have been cool to share that with her.
Old 09-22-2000, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

That's new to me - I haven't ever heard of getting more than one bid.

Hey daisymargarita - check out the post on Greek Life about "When You Made It" (about bid-day) - there's a new tri-sig (Kittie) that you should start emailing. I'm sure the 2 of you will have lots to talk about! Congrats again!

------------------
"Alpha Chi Omega - If you only had 2 wishes, what would your second one be?"
Old 09-23-2000, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Maybe Longwood does things differently? We went back to the parties that we got invited back to last night, and then all we did today was receive our bids (there could be up to three) and then we had to choose out of the bids we received. So when we do walk this afternoon, the sororities have no idea ahead of time who we will be going to. So it's a big surprise for them!
Old 09-24-2000, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
Smile

WELCOME SISTER!!!!!! I am so psyched to hear that you joined our sisterhood!!! WOOHOO! I found this board today, the day I woke up with the flu and needed to hear some nice news!! SIGMA LOVE AND MINE!!