GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,433
0 members and 1,433 guests
No Members online

Old 01-07-2015, 08:20 AM
GreekChat Member

with this number of girls, a chapter could take 75 or 100 girls and still be very selective. I hope girls don't think they got a second class chapter just because they have a reasonable pledge class size relative to the pool of rushees.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
with this number of girls, a chapter could take 75 or 100 girls and still be very selective. I hope girls don't think they got a second class chapter just because they have a reasonable pledge class size relative to the pool of rushees.
And if a chapter DOESN'T want to take that many girls, it doesn't make them awful people.

As much as we all hem and haw about IU, I look at that chapter list and see a lot of chapters that have been around for a LONG time and continuously open without having to close and/or recolonize. They must be doing something right.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I just got back from Orientation and I am getting ready for tommorow. So excited! I'll let you ladies know how recruitment goes and come back with any funny stories or observations. As of now I think a lot of girls dropped out or go cut for grades because we are around 1600 I believe( based on PNM numbers assigned by our Rho gams) and almost 2000 signed up.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

you should go radio silent until after rush is over. Write everything out but don't share until after. You would hate to hurt your chances over some silly thing you said to strangers.
And the same is true with your Facebook, twitter, all of it. Post little and keep everything vague and happy.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone know the true number of PNMs beginning recruitment today? I've seen lots of guesses but nothing official from IUBPHA. My daughter asked her rho gamma and said she didn't know. Just curious.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynn View Post
Does anyone know the true number of PNMs beginning recruitment today? I've seen lots of guesses but nothing official from IUBPHA. My daughter asked her rho gamma and said she didn't know. Just curious.
I believe (IndianaSigKap correct me if I'm wrong) that you won't know the number after grade drops and no-shows until the statistics are released after recruitment
Old 01-08-2015, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
you should go radio silent until after rush is over. Write everything out but don't share until after. You would hate to hurt your chances over some silly thing you said to strangers.
And the same is true with your Facebook, twitter, all of it. Post little and keep everything vague and happy.
Do this. Actives will see things on all forms of social media and it can hurt your recruitment
Old 01-08-2015, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUHoosiergirl88 View Post
I believe (IndianaSigKap correct me if I'm wrong) that you won't know the number after grade drops and no-shows until the statistics are released after recruitment
Ah, that makes sense. For some reason, I thought it was known before then last year. Thanks for the info.

FWIW, my daughter feels she had a great day today, but is not overconfident because she felt that way last year too. She's trying to stay cool and calm, and doing a pretty good job, but I know she's a bundle of nerves.

Hang in there everyone!
Old 01-08-2015, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynn View Post
Ah, that makes sense. For some reason, I thought it was known before then last year. Thanks for the info.

FWIW, my daughter feels she had a great day today, but is not overconfident because she felt that way last year too. She's trying to stay cool and calm, and doing a pretty good job, but I know she's a bundle of nerves.

Hang in there everyone!
Hope your daughter and all of the girls are staying warm! It was brutal this morning.

Chapter may know how many women came back, but they may not know which women were automatic grade drops and which ones decided to be no-shows with this weather.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:42 AM
GreekChat Member

1629 were allowed to begin recruitment yesterday. Not sure how many actually started. Just trying to stay awake today...

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 01-09-2015, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
Just trying to stay awake today...
Hang in there! I cannot even imagine.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Cold!

Here is a link to a picture from recruitment today. The high was 16 and the wind chill was lower! Young women often wait outside for 10 minutes or so to get in the houses at their scheduled time. I wish they would pick a better time of year!

http://media.ids.s3.amazonaws.com/55...ment01webf.jpg

Old 01-09-2015, 09:20 PM

I live in OH. It has been -13ish with the wind chill for the past 2 days (resulting in 2 snow days for me, yay!) With that being said, I couldn't even walk to the mailbox today. I couldn't imagine waiting outside for anything!

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy88 View Post
Here is a link to a picture from recruitment today. The high was 16 and the wind chill was lower! Young women often wait outside for 10 minutes or so to get in the houses at their scheduled time. I wish they would pick a better time of year!

http://media.ids.s3.amazonaws.com/55...ment01webf.jpg
Many of the houses are allowing the pnms to wait inside their houses rather than in front of the house.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 01-10-2015, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I cannot even begin to imagine that kind of cold. Thinking warm thoughts for all the PNMs.