GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,279
1 members and 1,278 guests
LaneSig

Old 03-09-2004, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

our chapter has "Pi Points"

Basically we get points for our participation, study hours, and paying dues on time, in addition to community service and social events.

our "rewards" are the social functions... like we need at least 80% of the possible Pi Points in order to go to formal, or any of the mixers. (the 80% is taken from the total possible points up till the event day)

I think it works out very well
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-14-2004, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bluefish81
The chapter that I was a part of had two point systems running at the same time - one for attendance, the other as a room/car preference system.
The housing point system was established so that you got points for different things:
ie. Officers got points on a sliding scale, everything from President and exec getting 12 points to Homecoming/GW/VEISHEA chairs getting one point, we also got points for GPA (broken down into brackets like 3.75-4 got x amt of points), we rec'd points for on campus involvement that was determined by the number of hours in a given week that you were active, jobs if applicable, plus you got points for whatever year you were. Everything always calculated off of the previous semesters information and then the facility mgr would tabulate them up add them to the previous amt of points the member had and rank them (which was quite the fun task).
People with the most points would get the parking spaces and in addition to that during the time that we lived in the facility we rec'd one room and one roommate pref. Points generally came into play most for room prefs and of course parking spots.

The attendance policy operated seperately since a different officer was in charge of it, but it required that we attend 85% of events (or have them excused) in order to be able to attend certain social functions like formal, house parties, etc.
Things like Initiation had the highest amt of points, somewhere around 100 or 150 and then it went all the way down to doing things like Homecoming hours were like 5 points a piece. Chapter meetings were 25 I think. Attending focus groups were worth about 5-10 points. I don't know this system quite as well because I was never our Vice-President Development
Old 03-14-2004, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

We have a merit system and all sisters must have 75% of the points, 65% if on academic probation. Mandatory events include meetins, cob etc. We also have extras. To go to socials memebrs must have the appropriate number of points or they are not allowed to go. We are leintent on this, tonight I was working with the president on it trying to figure out more ways to give members points bc we definitely want everyone to be at formal!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Our AOII chapter has a point system too! It works fairly well. Members must make 80% of points or else they get fined for what they haven't attended. For example each chapter is worth 25 points, COR 25, socials 5 and if you don't make 80%, then you're fined for everything you missed, $1 per point, but we do so much stuff that it's almost impossible to miss 80%. We also have bonus points for doing sober sis-5 and study tables-15 per quarter if you're behind.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:05 PM

Our chapter has a point system very similar to many of those listed here.

Everything is worth a certain amount of points. Rituals, recruitment activities, COB's, chapter meetings, and philanthropy are worth the most. Initiations are the highest (100.pts) Everything else is worth 50-75 pts.

Then there are the 15- 30 pt. activities like study tables, which do add up if you don't attend.

At the bottom are socials and movie nights, etc. (10-25 pts.)

Each member ( actives AND new members) must make 85% of total pionts every semester.

I'm not really sure what happens if you don't make 85%, cuz I'm at 100% right now

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

*bump*

I'm going to borrow James's points program to suggest at our By-Laws meeting this week.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

for those who have established Point systems

For those of you who already have established point systems, do any of you use an online website or something to submit them for your chapter? My chapter is working to restructure our point system and put it online, but we aren't exactly sure how to do that and would love some input on what you've all found to be successful or unsuccessful! Thanks!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

@aridz for our point system we have a google forms that shows the amount of points each event thing is and we record what events we done and the point value!

Old 04-14-2014, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by candygirl200413 View Post
@aridz for our point system we have a google forms that shows the amount of points each event thing is and we record what events we done and the point value!
Same for us, and we also have each member identified by a number that is emailed to her individually so that a girl can only see how many points she personally has-I think ours are done alphabetically based on what number I have and my last name.