GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,436
0 members and 2,436 guests
No Members online

Old 08-12-2014, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh please, oh please… if you send PM's about your findings, let me be one who receives one of them! I almost needed therapy when that story suddenly stopped, and I had just found Greek Chat.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-12-2014, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

One statement jumped out at me when I recently re-read the story: When PSG (pink sequins girl) questions how the other chapters knew that Syd had gotten a bid to Aspen, she references e-mail. I'm not sure when most colleges started using email, but when I was a freshman in 1996, my school used extremely basic email. I don't know how long before that it was being used on campuses, but that statement makes it sound like this story occured sometime after the 1990s. I don't recall when Pink Sequin Panty Hose were popular, but it certainly was not after 1996.

"i was so quiet at the other houses... very polite... but not very chatty and not very enthusiastic... but most of them just thought that was the way i was... and were so very kind. seemingly all of them congratulated me on syd's recruitment and her bid to aspen... wow, did they send a telegram, an e-mail or did someone call every single chapter? every one of them knew and spoke of it... and red river loved it... and made sure that lyndsay and i both knew we would be cut... so i already knew i was cut by two of the three house we had to cut for eight party day... that certainly made for an easier decision."
Old 08-12-2014, 01:38 PM

You guys forgot about eaglesbaby/blondie and how I called that that story was fake from page 1 and everyone was like "STOP IT YOU'RE SCARING OFF THIS POOR GIRL!"

Nutshell, she had TWO fake stories going at once and I called it because:

*She got her screen names mixed up and posted in one thread as the other person.

*In the eagles baby thread, she mentioned alcohol being served at recruitment.

*The school had like 14 NPCs and 4 locals. There's no school like that.

*The schedule was like 18-11-8-2. No school has you making the jump from like 8 parties to 2 prefs.

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=104394

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=105183

The best part is that even AFTER the story ended up being fake, there were people who were mad at me for being mean. lol.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 08-12-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

There's been another poster on GC who uses ellipses frequently, and always followed by that extra space. Also a lot of unnecessary quotation marks. That's my contribution to the detective work.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I use unnecessary quotation marks sometimes, and could put an extra space after an ellipse. It wasn't me. I was "in love" (that unnecessary quotation thing) and didn't even consider going through rush. Plus, I'm way too old.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulGramma View Post
I use unnecessary quotation marks sometimes, and could put an extra space after an ellipse. It wasn't me. I was "in love" (that unnecessary quotation thing) and didn't even consider going through rush. Plus, I'm way too old.
As do I.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Just throwing this out there. I googled 'commuter school visionary president' and it appears George Washington University had one of those from the 60's to the 80's, Lloyd Elliott.

Could GWU be the 'small exclusive private university' and one of the big Virginia schools be the 'big state school'? Maybe George Mason, JMU, or UVA?
"my university... though not strictly southern... definitely is and continues to be a very, very competitive greek system. huge mansions... and huge chapters that ruled the school."

DC, lawyers, the 'thing' maybe daddy was a senator?

Last edited by RUASTgrrl; 08-12-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll have to do this after work. Today, we've had a Clayton Kershaw interview turn into a technical crap-fest, followed by a Peyton Manning interview that I HAD to make sure it went smoothly. (Cleaning up the crap-fest now ... )

Last edited by ChioLu; 08-12-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd also love to know theories as to which sororities were which, so please, PM away!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

I don't believe any of the Virginia schools would be what we consider a southern recruitment. Certainly nothing that required breaking out the pink sequined tights!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
I don't believe any of the Virginia schools would be what we consider a southern recruitment. Certainly nothing that required breaking out the pink sequined tights!
Nothing -- ABSOLUTELY NOTHING -- requires breaking out the pink sequined tights. 'nuff said.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellfish View Post
There's been another poster on GC who uses ellipses frequently, and always followed by that extra space. Also a lot of unnecessary quotation marks. That's my contribution to the detective work.
I think that would describe me, too. Unfortunately, I'm one of the last to catch a bad recruitment thread or school.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

The days & # of chapters that PS & Sydney could be invited to exactly fit the University of Oklahoma and the University of Tulsa's schedule. Total fit.

From PS original thread, in post #18, she says that
the six sororities at my sister's school were:
ASPEN
DEER VALLEY
KEYSTONE
SANTE FE
SUN VALLEY, and
RED RIVER

and

the eleven sororities at my university were:
VAIL
DEER VALLEY
ASPEN
KEYSTONE
SANTE FE
PARK CITY
LAKE LOUISE
RED RIVER
TELLURIDE
BRECKENRIDGE, and
TAOS

The 6 sororities at TU are XO, DDD, DG, KD, Kappa & Theta.
The 11 sororities at OU are: AXO, AGD, AOPi, APhi, XO, DDD, DG, GPhiB, Kappa, Theta, PiPhi.

Per PS, there is 1 house at TU that isn't at OU.
Sun Valley is not at OU, so Sun Valley = KD

It was easiest to slueth the chapters at TU from the description PS gives of the actual chapter houses at OU.

In post #46, she describes Keystone as having a Tudor style house at OU.
There is only ONE Tudor style sorority house at OU -- it is Theta.
http://www.ou.edu/content/studentlif...pha_theta.html
Keystone = Theta

Same post, she describes Aspen as having a "new, beautiful mansion and the newest house on campus and was classic southern georgian gorgeous."
DG used to have an older chapter house, but rebuilt and, at the time I feel this recruitment happened, would have been the newest-built house on campus. Her account is a great description of the OU DG house: http://www.ou.edu/content/studentlif...lta_gamma.html
Aspen = DG (which most of us on GC thought)

In post #35, she states that, at TU, Red River is the smallest chapter, and at OU, Red River has a "stunning Georgian mansion". I know, for sure, that Kappa had lowest numbers at TU in the early/mid 2000's. She also described the Red River house at OU as "stunning georgian mansion". While Chi O at OU has a Georgian mansion, it's not as stunning as the OU KKG house:
http://www.ou.edu/content/studentlif...ppa_gamma.html
I can remember standing in front of it and thinking "Oh. My. God."
From these 2 tell-tale factors, I believe Red River = Kappa

Now to figure out the last 2 chapters at TU ...

Last edited by ChioLu; 08-12-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

But she said her sister attended a private U didn't she? Neither of these would be.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiMu_Mom View Post
But she said her sister attended a private U didn't she? Neither of these would be.
TU is a private university.
It took me 10 years to pay off my private university tuition!