GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,297
2 members and 2,295 guests
flirt5721, JayhawkAOII

Old 03-29-2002, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

equeen, that was so beautiful! You and Delt Alum have said it all!

Your post is worthy of print in your campus paper...heck ANY paper for that matter. Just so heartwarming!

Had to add-Finer Woman-your thread sure brings out the best in us all! I was always told, that is the sign of a person with true class!

Last edited by justamom; 03-29-2002 at 11:33 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-29-2002, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Talking Awwww.

I am all teary now...(((((huggies to you))))))! Thank you so very much for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally posted by justamom
equeen, that was so beautiful! You and Delt Alum have said it all!

Your post is worthy of print in your campus paper...heck ANY paper for that matter. Just so heartwarming!

Had to add-Finer Woman-your thread sure brings out the best in us all! I was always told, that is the sign of a person with true class!
Old 03-29-2002, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Let's see...first to some NPHCers!

I want to compliment the ladies of Sigma Gamma Rho for being such amazing advocates of your sisterhood. I have learned to have great admiration and respect for your organization, and I appreciate the commonalties and challenges faced by both organizations. Keep letting your “Sigma” light shine.

Iota Phi Theta. I knew about Iota long before you became a member of the NPHC, and I can say that I've been most impressed about your action plans, your goals and objectives. You all are a brotherhood really on the move!

Some of my NICers

Delta Kappa Epsilon. I knew nothing about this fraternity until I started dating my guy (who is a member) and I can say that I've been impressed by the level of brotherhood that lasts far after college (contrary to what I'd always been told about NIC groups) and with the level of success I've seen from some of your fraternity brothers. You guys are lots of fun too!

Tau Kappa Epsilon . I have to give a shout to these guys because they were the main NIC fraternity on campus who "really" wanted to mix with my Sorority! They were such party guys, and since they were the jocks...right up my alley!

Some of my NPCers

I really have learned a lot and have a new found respect for NPC as an organization and all of the members sororities specifically.

I have really enjoyed readings posts particularly from my fellow GChaters from Alpha Gamma Delta, (especially Greeklawgirl, a fellow alumna); Chi Omega ; Delta Phi Epsilon (you all are a smaller group like we are, and I just really relate to some of your same challenges and the many benefits) and Zeta Tau Alpha, who've just had some of the nicest things to say on this board about members in my own Sorority!

Special thank you to my favorite girl, FinerWoman, who posted this topic right on time!
Old 03-29-2002, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for this uplifting post FinerWoman....

Iota Phi Theta---You were the friendliest on campus. You always had the time to say hello to people and to chat and discuss all sorts of issues.

Delta Tau Delta--For not being weary of doing projects or socials with a sorority that was not part of NPC.

Sigma Sigma Sigma--They were a small group on our campus but they were close and did not let their size deter them from anything. They had a lot of heart.

Omega Delta Phi---Like older, wiser brothers, they are always there to help us with whatever we need.

Kappa Delta Chi---For having the grace not to succomb to outside pressures and for holding yourself to high values. {On our campus, people tried to get us (the Gammas) and the KDChis into some sort of squabble.}
Old 03-29-2002, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

This might be more specific to what I see on my campus, but here goes.

Mad props to Phi Beta Sigma for their work/fundraisers for Prostate Cancer Awareness amongst African-American Males.

I really appreciate the seminars that ZetaPhi Beta has done on Date Rape Awareness because several women on my campus have been raped within the last 2 years.

Thanks to SigmaGammaRho for supporting us as a new sorority on campus. I also enjoyed doing community service with the Rhos.

Thanks to Pi Kappa Alpha for unifying the campus and helping to crush a lot of stereotypes.

Omega Psi Phi has shown me the true meaning of hard work and dedication. Keep up the good work!!

Last edited by Eirene_DGP; 04-25-2002 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-29-2002, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

To the Pi Phis: from 'the almost-pi phi', you guys are a great bunch of ladies and you know I would have been proud to call you my sisters...thank you for understanding my need to go SK, it's who I am and you accepted it even though you didn't really want to

To the AOIIs: ...what can I say? Y'all are nice girls, and that's that. Lauren will always be sorely missed, and we all know you were lucky to have her as a sister, however short the time period.

To the Delta Tau Deltas: The cutest, nicest, most decent guys on campus. You're my favorite fraternity! (the fact that my dad was a Delt may have something to do with it too )

To the APhiOs: You do good things and you do them well. Keep it up, and keep those course schedules coming!

And to all the GCers: You will never know how much you mean to me. This community defies description; with the greek system at my school as cutthroat as it is, it's so amazing to me to see all greeks from all over becoming one big family. Thank you all so much for just being your wonderful selves!

~Sigma Love~
Old 04-03-2002, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
More thank yous

I absolutely must acknowledge one of the best Moderators on GC...and certainly one of my favorite gals (((((((((Shelacious)))))))))
Thank you for the love!
Old 04-03-2002, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

To the Chi Omegas: Y'all truly have some wonderful sisters. I really enjoyed working with one of your alumnae members on a major philanthropy event last year. She represented y'all beautifully, as has every other XO that I've met.

To the Delta Sigma Thetas and the Alpha Phi Alphas: Thanks for the wonderful Greek Week memories of my college years. If it weren't for y'all so graciously helping my chapter with our annual Step Shows, I would still have absolutely no rhythm!

To the Alpha Delta Pis: If all of you are as sweet as my brother's ADPi girlfriend, then I can understand why your sisterhood is so strong. You and Phi Mu hold a special place in my heart because you were both founded in my hometown of Macon. Wesleyan is just down the road from where I grew up.

To the Alpha Gamma Deltas (the first sorority I ever heard of): My cousin speaks highly of your organization, and always has -- I was brainwashed from an early age! LOL If there had been an AGD chapter on my campus, I'd probably be collecting squirrels instead of turtles right now.

To the Alpha Kappa Alphas: What can I say? Y'all have great taste in colors! Thanks for being the "sister sorority" to my girls at UGA. They are proud to work with you!

To the Zeta Tau Alphas: I've never met a ZTA who was anything less than a lady at all times. Your reputation is a fine one, and one of my best friends is a very proud alumna. I've learned much about your organization through her.

To the Kappa Alphas: Y'all are truly Southern gentlemen through and through. I'm so glad that my brother joined your fabulous organization. I nearly fell over in shock this Easter when I realized that he was actually waiting for me to be seated before he sat himself at our dinner table. He definitely got that etiquette lesson from y'all's manual!

Last edited by dzrose93; 04-04-2002 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-04-2002, 10:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dubyuhnellpiphi Send a message via Yahoo to dubyuhnellpiphi
i love every one of the 15 frats and 5 sororities on campus. that said, i will focus on my fellow sorors...

XO- you ladies are fantastic! you take service seriously, and i am glad to call many of you my friends.

Theta- you girls are just cool. you have personality... congrats on winning lip synch

KD- you girls have a lot of personality and depth in your organization

KKG- you ladies are so sweet... to the many of you on the FD committee... kudos. it was beautiful
Old 04-04-2002, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

First of all - the 2 people that I can count on to show me a new perspective while being respectful of others opinions (most of the time...J/K!)...

12dn94dst and AKA2D

I think I have learned more about DST and AKA from these two wonderful women, than from any other source. They exhibit not only pride in their orgs, but the work that is required to keep a great thing going. (Not to mention some down and out HILARIOUS posts on the mods forum )

The person I miss the MOST and wish I would get an email from...

ZetaAce

I loved our convo's before because you are the most down to earth person, and always ready to offer advice when needed.

For keeping me in stitches...

KA Billy Mac

I already had a HUGE respect for the fine Southern gentlemen of Kappa Alpha Order -- you just continue that tradition 110%.

For being a wonderful dear friend that I feel like I've known forever, but am still waiting to meet...

Carnation

Thanks for sharing not only your great expertise in the Greek world, but also your family with me. I am so excited about having 2 more potential greeks in the family! And glad that one already has a greek org to call home. I am still hoping for your legacy one day

Honorable mention - DeltAlum, Lifesaver, and Just A Mom -- I always love your posts and emails. You guys are fantabulous and I couldn't imagine GC without you.

Oh...and for making me read a post 29 times before I can even try to venture a guess as to what the hell he's saying...

Tom

Was there even any drama there? LOL - Tom - you and I have been down the road and back. I have gained a new respect for Lambda Chi because of you - thanks for exhibiting a lifetime of fraternal commitment and for keeping your organization up front.

I also love the advice that I get from my sisters, but since we're not supposed to be naming names on here, I'll save it for our forum!
Old 04-05-2002, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Smile Well, here goes..

All my fellow NPHC'ers but especially:

*Iota Phi Theta-http://www.iotaphitheta.org/
I also knew these men before they became NPHC'ers. Your perseverence paid off. Thank you for being individual and for "Building a Tradition, Not Resting Upon One!"

*Zeta Phi Beta-http://zphib1920.org/
I can't say enough about these women. Incredible!

NPC's

*Delta Zeta--They support programs for the deaf and hearing imparied.
----Taken from the Epsilon Epsilon (Fresno State U.) chapter website of DZ:
[The Delta Zeta Foundation was created to give assistance to speech and hearing impaired causes across the United States.* The Foundation donates to The House Ear Institute in Los Angeles, CA and Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C., as well as many other organizations.* Gallaudet is the only university devoted entirely to the speech and hearing impaired.* This mission to help is also extended locally by each individual chapter.]

*Kappa Delta--They have a program in connection with the Girl Scouts that I really admire. I was a girl scout and appreciate all it is about and stands for.

---Taken from the national Kappa Delta website:
[In 1998, Kappa Delta announced a nationwide collaboration with the Girl Scouts of the USA in order to lend hearts and hands to young women everywhere. With the theme, "Together preparing girls for college, for life, for all they hope to become," Kappa Delta collegians and alumnae--over 160,000 strong--will be volunteering with Girl Scout troops in their local communities to help girls earn badges and patches, give college tours, organize workshops, plan community projects and more.
The two groups have much in common. The Girl Scout values of honesty, integrity and true friendship are the same values held dear by Kappa Delta. In addition, the two groups have similar goals of leadership development and community involvement. A year later, the successes of the program are pouring in, multiplying and expanding beyond what either organization dreamed. ]
Old 04-06-2002, 03:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyPetite
Welll, here goes:

To the ladies of Delta Sigma Theta: When I think of your sorority, I think of this one Delta that I met my sophomore year in undergrad. She was a year ahead of me, and she kind of 'showed me the ropes' at the university level (I had transferred from a Community College). To this day, she's always checking up on me, even though now I am a college grad. You all are a group of classy ladies. In addition, my best friend is a Devestating Diva of DST, and every time I go visit her at her college, her LS's and Sorors always show me Greek Love. I also like all the things they do for the community up there. (@ Florida Atlantic U)

To the ladies of Sigma Gamma Rho: These ladies always made me, along with everyone else, feel comfortable at my university. Always said hi to everyone, and they always supported the events that the council that I was on (Residence Hall Association) had. I have a lot of respect for your sorority.

To the men of Kappa Alpha Psi: I love ya'll, especially the ones @ Florida Atlantic U. You gentlemen are so down to earth, and took the time out to FIND some of my Frat and Sorors when I came to visit recently....just because I told ya'll that I was a Zeta now. I also love the community service projects that you have, they are very creative!

I really have madddd love for all of my Divine 9 family! Let's keep uplifting the community!!!

Sisterly Greek Love,
PrettyPetite

Last edited by PrettyPetite; 04-30-2002 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-06-2002, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Great Topic FinerWoman 10-A-91!!!!

I want to give a shout out to all my NPHC brothers and sisters!!!! Next, I want to think everyone who has given a warm shout out to Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.

I also want to give a special shout out to the ladies of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority,Inc. These ladies exhibit style and class in everything they do..When I was a freshmen in college the Zetas took me under their wings and showed me the ropes. They were there for me when I decided to go greek and supported me all the way. I have nothing but love and respect for you ladies!!!!Keep doing your thing ladies!!!

"Bound by ties of love and Sisterhood"
Old 04-07-2002, 05:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to hawaiiagd Send a message via Yahoo to hawaiiagd
Smile I love this thread

As the president of the alumnae panhellenic here I get to work with a bunch... so mahalo to....

Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Phi
Alpha Xi Delta
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Delta Zeta
Gamma Phi Beta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Pi Beta Phi
Sigma Kappa
Sigma Sigma Sigma
Zeta Tau Alpha

...you all represent some wonderful organizations, and I'm proud to call you all sisters!

Also mahalo to the beautiful women of Alpha Kappa Alpha who have teamed up with our alumnae NPC group here.... helping us encourage the young women of Hawaii to GO GREEK!

Fraternally yours,
Mai Ly
Old 04-24-2002, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

here's a little nudge...back to the top!

I wanna see more Greek Love!!!!!