GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,714
3 members and 1,711 guests
babobygooglet93, indygphib, LaneSig
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
epchick....hahaha-that's why I love you! You said what I was thinking. Thank you!
not a problem, anytime
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-16-2009, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
*wishing I had a shaking my head emoticon*
Ask CG. She might have one.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Lol... Oh epchick, Have you ever been in the military? Cause you would understand intercomponent rivalry! Its nothing more than that. Its kind of similiar to the rivalry that your sorority has with another sorority at your school. And im pretty sure you have said, "I cant believe those girls of ABC sorority, they act like complete sluts."

Dont even try to lecture me on respect. Thats one of the biggest things i gained from the military.

And Yes, I was in the 82nd, and its obvious your knowledge of the 82nd is very limited.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c130jumper53 View Post
Lol... Oh epchick, Have you ever been in the military? Cause you would understand intercomponent rivalry! Its nothing more than that. Its kind of similiar to the rivalry that your sorority has with another sorority at your school. And im pretty sure you have said, "I cant believe those girls of ABC sorority, they act like complete sluts."

Dont even try to lecture me on respect. Thats one of the biggest things i gained from the military.

And Yes, I was in the 82nd, and its obvious your knowledge of the 82nd is very limited.
Well, I was in the military! My boyfriend spent 6 years active Navy. Both my parents were in the Air Force and my little brother is now in the Army. Most of my family was military. Don't try using the whole "intercomponent rivalry" excuse because it is just plain disrespectful. Actually, I don't (and I know epchick doesn't) sit around talking trash on other sororities because I have RESPECT for all the national GLOs out there...don't try and assume that everyone on here understands how disrespectful you are to other military organizations while trying to say it is in "good fun" because it isn't. It is rude and as former military I find it offensive!

I've decided that as a new person-you should watch what you say on here because you might offend the wrong people. You have already offended me and I'm sure you may offend others on here who chose to serve their country, as well. I hope you are not a member of a fraternity because generally I have respect for many of the fraternity men I have met. You, on the other hand, seem like a douche. Please stop posting your rude comments about the military and about those (like guard and reservists) who are apparently below you.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Clearly you know nothing about me, or about my knowledge of the 82nd, so let's not even go there.

Actually I have never said anything of that sort about another sorority member, sorry I don't play into that type of "rivalry," why? Cause it's not rivalry, it's just been an asshat.

If the military taught you soooooo much about respect, then you'd know how wrong your last statement was, and how much of a LACK of respect there was.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Well, I was in the military! My boyfriend spent 6 years active Navy. Both my parents were in the Air Force and my little brother is now in the Army. Most of my family was military. Don't try using the whole "intercomponent rivalry" excuse because it is just plain disrespectful. Actually, I don't (and I know epchick doesn't) sit around talking trash on other sororities because I have RESPECT for all the national GLOs out there...don't try and assume that everyone on here understands how disrespectful you are to other military organizations while trying to say it is in "good fun" because it isn't. It is rude and as former military I find it offensive!
How is it that I can go up to a Marine who is a perfect stranger, talk trash about there service organization, and yeah he may talk trash back, but they wouldnt get as offended as you have? There is such a thing as Intercomponent rivalry. And just because your family has a diverse military background doesnt mean it doesnt exist. It does. Why do you think Army v Navy is the most storied rivalrys in college football? Its because there is Intercomponent rivalry, enough said.

Lastly, Just because you respect GLO's doesnt mean you dont gossip about them. You cannot sit there and say you have not gossiped about somebody else.

Quote:
I've decided that as a new person-you should watch what you say on here because you might offend the wrong people. You have already offended me and I'm sure you may offend others on here who chose to serve their country, as well. I hope you are not a member of a fraternity because generally I have respect for many of the fraternity men I have met. You, on the other hand, seem like a douche. Please stop posting your rude comments about the military and about those (like guard and reservists) who are apparently below you.
lol... Ive decided im not going to listen to you. Sure I might offend some people. But hey, no two people have the same beliefs or views, so im pretty sure someone down the road might get offended.

Lastly, i have never said anything rude about the military, i never said that the guard was beneath me. You keep thinking that i do. So, stop assuming that part. If i truly believed they were beneath me, why on earth would i have joined the Guard?

And too epchick, what do you know about the 82nd? besides what you can google?
Old 10-16-2009, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=c130jumper53;1858256]How is it that I can go up to a Marine who is a perfect stranger, talk trash about there service organization, and yeah he may talk trash back, but they wouldnt get as offended as you have? There is such a thing as Intercomponent rivalry. And just because your family has a diverse military background doesnt mean it doesnt exist. It does. Why do you think Army v Navy is the most storied rivalrys in college football? Its because there is Intercomponent rivalry, enough said.

Lastly, Just because you respect GLO's doesnt mean you dont gossip about them. You cannot sit there and say you have not gossiped about somebody else.

lol... Ive decided im not going to listen to you. Sure I might offend some people. But hey, no two people have the same beliefs or views, so im pretty sure someone down the road might get offended.

Lastly, i have never said anything rude about the military, i never said that the guard was beneath me. You keep thinking that i do. So, stop assuming that part. If i truly believed they were beneath me, why on earth would i have joined the Guard?

And too epchick, what do you know about the 82nd? besides what you can google?[/QUOTE]

Wow....How can some new guy come on here and feel the need to be such an asshat? You don't respect other organizations-so, don't say you do! Where do you go to school? Please tell me you don't attend my Alma Mater because I like to think we still have pretty selective standards that someone of your caliber would not meet. Also, please tell me you are not in a fraternity. Stop making the military look bad (because that is exactly what you are doing) and stop making Greek life look like this huge rivalry where we all trash talk one another! Instead, if a girl joins say epchick's sorority over mine-I don't think..."That's stupid-they suck!" I think..."That's great that someone found a home!" If you don't get that...maybe you don't belong in Greek life.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
And too epchick, what do you know about the 82nd? besides what you can google?
Dude, whatever. I don't have to prove crap to you or your make believe "intercomponent rivalry." You're not the only person that was ever in the 82nd

Quote:
Wow....How can some new guy come on here and feel the need to be such an asshat? You don't respect other organizations-so, don't say you do! Where do you go to school? Please tell me you don't attend my Alma Mater because I like to think we still have pretty selective standards that someone of your caliber would not meet. Also, please tell me you are not in a fraternity. Stop making the military look bad (because that is exactly what you are doing) and stop making Greek life look like this huge rivalry where we all trash talk one another! Instead, if a girl joins say epchick's sorority over mine-I don't think..."That's stupid-they suck!" I think..."That's great that someone found a home!" If you don't get that...maybe you don't belong in Greek life.
He clearly is some kind of troll just coming here to stir up shit. Apparently he's the only one that could have ever been in the military and in a GLO so he's the expert on EVERYTHING to do with either subject. He obviously can't fathom that people might actually know a thing or two.

Last edited by epchick; 10-16-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
Dude, whatever. I don't have to prove crap to you or your make believe "intercomponent rivalry." You're not the only person that was ever in the 82nd
Damn Straight!
Old 10-16-2009, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So because i have differing opinions im an ass hat? Lol.

Secondly, I am in a fraternity and im not a member of your Alma Mater (mostly cause i didnt apply there).

I never said another fraternity or sorority sucked. While i do trash talk to other service members, I do respect them for the Immense service and sacrifice.

Also, if you dont have to prove anything... then why am I having to?

Also, im not the first to be in the military and GLO... my main point, and one that you seem to have missed is that... It's ridiculously hard to be active and pledge/be a part of a fraternity because of the time commitment to the military.

Please feel free to continue and make assumptions. But for a fellow veteran, I would hate to see how you treat other fellow Vets. Because it seems you only have a high regard for your own service.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So because i have differing opinions im an ass hat? Lol.

Secondly, I am in a fraternity and im not a member of your Alma Mater (mostly cause i didnt apply there).

I never said another fraternity or sorority sucked. While i do trash talk to other service members, I do respect them for the Immense service and sacrifice.

Also, if you dont have to prove anything... then why am I having to?

Also, im not the first to be in the military and GLO... my main point, and one that you seem to have missed is that... It's ridiculously hard to be active and pledge/be a part of a fraternity because of the time commitment to the military.

Please feel free to continue and make assumptions. But for a fellow veteran, I would hate to see how you treat other fellow Vets. Because it seems you only have a high regard for your own service.
Wow...Yes, I was right-you are an asshat. I guess you didn't get the message when I said that I respect ALL SERVICE BRANCHES!!! I also respect all Greek orgs, too! In fact, I give money to the VFW, The American Legion, disabled vets, forgotten vets (I bought a NAVY hat today for my boyfriend's father for Christmas) and all of those other organizations. I (unlike you) have respect for all of the organizations. I treat other fellow vets with respect, as I expect them to do for me. You haven't figured out how to do that, yourself. I would never go up to someone (even in a joking manner) and bash their branch of service. Want to know why? Because I'm not a douche bag like you. Ugh...Apparently the military, some universities and (unfortunately) some Greek organizations have gotten somewhat lax in their admissions standards to admit such a pompus ass like yourself.

Just keep your "all in fun" comments about other branches of the military to yourself.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Lol... your assumptions are quite humorous.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I would never go up to someone (even in a joking manner) and bash their branch of service.
I would say just to ignore him. He just doesn't get that not everyone feeds into this "intercomponent rivalry" (if there is even one). That the people who actually HAVE respect for all branches rise above any such rivalry, or any such disparaging remarks. Clearly he doesn't. He's one of those guys you see at fraternity parties (or frankly, any party) that thinks its fun to make fun of people, or pull pranks because he's "just joking" or it's "harmless fun."

And for the record c130jumper53, you don't have to prove anything to me, because you've shown me enough.
Closed Thread