GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Community Service / Philanthropy

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,149
3 members and 1,146 guests
LaneSig, MSKKG

Old 08-29-2008, 02:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Awesome philanthropy idea!

Hey everyone,

A great philanthropy idea that our chapter has always hosted is the Mr. "Your College" pageant! I am an Alpha Gam, Baldwin-Wallace College, so we hold the Mr. B-W pageant! Other sororities and frats and campus organizations sponsor a contestant ($20 per guy) and they do an evening wear (which is openly interpreted!), talent (could be anything!) and Q & A. We get funny professors to judge, and the guys always do the most ridiculous stunts and stuff for talent. Some guy did "baton twirling." We charge a $1 admission, so we generally make like $500 (15-20 guys participate, 100-150 people attend). For a bigger school, you could make a lot more money The only thing we pay for is the decorations and thank-you notes.

Its fun, everyone gets involved, and its easy to plan. The next year we always have the previous winner present his crown.

Last edited by AlphaGamAlways; 08-29-2008 at 02:31 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-29-2008, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

We do a similar pageant to raise money for our philanthropy. I'm sure I went to a much smaller school than you, so we usually have about 10 girls and 10 guys sign up. We narrow it down to 5 girls and 5 guys by having a change war, which raises a lot of money for us. We also charge $1 at the door, which buys you a raffle ticket for an opportunity to win a lot of prizes. We get them all donated from local area businesses so it's no cost to us.

During the pageant, we usually just have formal, casual and beach wear, and then questions and answers periodically throughout. But the talent thing sounds like a good idea.

@~/~~~~