GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,345
2 members and 1,343 guests
aidanshulzeo560, janesstexxda745

Old 08-28-2005, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Transfering Schools

Anyone done it? Any advice for someone that's about to do it? I leave on Thursday and the closer I get to it the more nervous I'm getting!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-28-2005, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

I have transferred twice.

It's no big deal. You lose a lot of credits in the trasfer usually. (I have been screwed out of a semester of credit toward my major/minor.) But, it isn't any big deal. You make new friends. You meet new people.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

I transferred from a large school to a smaller one after my 2nd year of college. It is not nearly as scary or intimidating as your first time at college- because you basically know how things work and you don't feel nearly as lost or confused. I am also much happier at my second school because that is where I joined Phi Mu! Will you be transferring to a school with a chapter of your org?
Old 08-28-2005, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Quote:
Originally posted by CarolinaCutie
I transferred from a large school to a smaller one after my 2nd year of college. It is not nearly as scary or intimidating as your first time at college- because you basically know how things work and you don't feel nearly as lost or confused. I am also much happier at my second school because that is where I joined Phi Mu! Will you be transferring to a school with a chapter of your org?
I guess what is making it harder for me is the fact that I'm transfering from a commuter school to a dorm school.

Yes, there is an SDT chapter where I am transfering, however from what I've heard about them so far, I'm not going to fit in and will probably accept alum status. I'm going to meet them with an open mind and all, but I know that is an optition for me.,

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 08-28-2005, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I just started my master's at a new school, and so far I like it. It's a lot different from what I'm used to, though...it's hard to get used to the fact that the classes are longer, and the way they do things is completely opposite of how UK did it. Also, I'm commuting now whereas all through undergrad I lived on campus, so that's been a big change! I've never had to drive and fight for a parking space to get to class every day. I guess the most important thing is learning how things work as soon as you can...that way, you won't be hit with a surprise and think, "Oh, man, why didn't I know that?"
Old 08-28-2005, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Never a problem for Me.

Went to first College where none of My HS friends were going. Met some great New Friends.

Transfer and didnt know a sole!

Met more new friends.

Heck, you will meet new friends!!! Just plan on having a good time!!!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 08-28-2005, 12:17 PM

Daughter number one transferred from a medium sized state university here in Colorado to a fairly large state school 1200 miles away.

She also changed majors.

It was a little scary at first, but she managed to keep all of her credits and still graduate with honors (3.965) in four years.

To be honest, it didn't hurt that she went to our (Mrs. DA and my) Alma Mater and I was able to help her out with some faculty members and deans that I knew from when I was there and that I was President of the Colorado Chapter of the alumni association.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum

It was a little scary at first, but she managed to keep all of her credits and still graduate with honors (3.965) in four years.
Lucky, I'm loosing a little over a full semsters worth of credits. I should be going in as an upper junior, instead I'm an upper sophmore but I will have junior standing after the fall trimester.

Patriae Multae Spes Una