GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,237
4 members and 1,233 guests
prettyandpearls, samuepetrovo164

Old 06-25-2022, 09:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Not a wedding, but a gala reception at the end of a conference. What a cluster f***. There were only enough chairs for about 10% of the attendees, who were all middle aged or older. The interior space was totally crammed, but the lovely patio had nothing -- no tables, chairs, nothing -- so people who came out to get some breathing room had to just stand on the flagstones or sit on the edge of planters. The event went from 5-8, so people were expecting dinner, but there were only little canapes that were snatched up as soon as they came out, so people stood in long lines for food and then found empty trays when they finally got to the front. The buses back to the hotel weren't running till 8, so we were expected to literally stand there for hours without dinner. I and others started paying for our own Ubers back to the hotel to escape.
Old 06-25-2022, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JonInKC
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
LOL! The only reason we didn't have a Beatles song (or two) at our wedding is that secular music is discouraged during the service. I had actually considered the Beach Boys' God Only Knows.

We had a recording of Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" performed by a string quartet played at our wedding. The people my age (I'm now mid 40s) and younger got it, but it just went over the heads of our parents and grandparents.

p a w e a since 1899
Old 06-27-2022, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low D Flat View Post
Not a wedding, but a gala reception at the end of a conference. What a cluster f***. There were only enough chairs for about 10% of the attendees, who were all middle aged or older. The interior space was totally crammed, but the lovely patio had nothing -- no tables, chairs, nothing -- so people who came out to get some breathing room had to just stand on the flagstones or sit on the edge of planters. The event went from 5-8, so people were expecting dinner, but there were only little canapes that were snatched up as soon as they came out, so people stood in long lines for food and then found empty trays when they finally got to the front. The buses back to the hotel weren't running till 8, so we were expected to literally stand there for hours without dinner. I and others started paying for our own Ubers back to the hotel to escape.
Ugh, that sounds like really poor planning. Getting out of dodge on an Uber was a good idea.

True and Constant