GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,729
1 members and 1,728 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 09-17-2003, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Mother's Pin

Does anyone know anything about the Mother's pin that the giftmart (ADPi) sells?

I want to get one for my mother for Christmas, but I have a few questions.

Is it only for ADPi's mother who aren't in another sorority? My mother is an initiated member of Kappa Alpha Theta and will occasionally wear her pin from that. Can she wear the ADPi mother's pin too or is she not allowed b/c of her KAT pin? Obviously I doubt she'd wear BOTH at the same time, but still.

Anyone's mother have one of these or intend to get one for them?

Thanks !
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-17-2003, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

http://giftmart.alphadeltapi.org/mer...W07/03-042-10K

There's the link
Old 09-17-2003, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Mother's Pin

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Violets
Does anyone know anything about the Mother's pin that the giftmart (ADPi) sells?

I want to get one for my mother for Christmas, but I have a few questions.

Is it only for ADPi's mother who aren't in another sorority? My mother is an initiated member of Kappa Alpha Theta and will occasionally wear her pin from that. Can she wear the ADPi mother's pin too or is she not allowed b/c of her KAT pin? Obviously I doubt she'd wear BOTH at the same time, but still.

Anyone's mother have one of these or intend to get one for them?

Thanks !
Any ADPi mom may wear the mother's pin, as long as she is the mom of an ADPi! She may be a member of another sorority and still wear our mother's pin.

My chapter holds the mother ceremony every year during parent weekend-- it is a beautiful "open ritual" ceremony where we invite the females in our family to brunch. Your TME district director will have a copy of the ceremony. It is a great addition to your unversity's family weekend-- the mother ceremony ends with the singing of "I Love the Pin" and pinning your mom, and there is rarely a dry eye in the house!

My mom is not a big pin wearer, but even with her daughter (me!) being an alum, she still wears her ADPi mom pin with pride and tells people about how she got it
Old 09-17-2003, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

Alpha Iota does the Mother's Ritual during Parent's Weekend, too. Unfortunately, they don't include the pinning of the mothers. For some reason, it's become a "Mother Extraordinaire" type of pin with AI.

Completely guilt-ridden, I'm remembering that my mama has done a TON of work for ADPi over the years and she has a birthday coming up....
Old 09-17-2003, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Maybe you can think about alumnae initation and see if your mom is a fit for ADPi!!!
Old 09-17-2003, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by adpiucf
Maybe you can think about alumnae initation and see if your mom is a fit for ADPi!!!
Is she a fit? Absolutely! But knowing her, she would say that she's too old (!) and will stick with her DAR duties. That's why I feel guilty - I wish I had "pinned" her years ago!!
Old 09-23-2003, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

mom and DAR

Honeychile,
Sorry to crash your boards, but this is exactly what I thought my mom would say! However, she joined AOII last year at nearly 60.
Silver
Old 09-24-2003, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
My chapter also pins mom's on parents weekend...I am very excited about this, because this is my last semester as an undergrad, and guess what my mom has yet to be pinned. Every year something happened that I could not do it (she couldnt fly out year 1, they were getting in too late for the second year, and the third year they went to Mexico)...so this year I am surprising her with it...(c:
Old 09-24-2003, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

question... is it ok to give your mom a mother's pin without having that ceremony? I've never heard of my chapter doing it... though that's not the issue, really. I go to school 8 hours from home, so it's not like my mom could really get up here for one anyway... but she has been really interested in my ADPi experience and unbelievably supportive, and I'd love to get her one!
Old 09-24-2003, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

Re: mom and DAR

Quote:
Originally posted by AOIIsilver
Honeychile,
Sorry to crash your boards, but this is exactly what I thought my mom would say! However, she joined AOII last year at nearly 60.
Silver
Silver, this is the best, most sincere laugh I've had all day!! The question is, does she wear her Mother's Pin on her DAR ribbons? LOL!!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
Quote:
Originally posted by ForeverDiamond
question... is it ok to give your mom a mother's pin without having that ceremony? I've never heard of my chapter doing it... though that's not the issue, really. I go to school 8 hours from home, so it's not like my mom could really get up here for one anyway... but she has been really interested in my ADPi experience and unbelievably supportive, and I'd love to get her one!
Oh yeah you can give it to her, it is just a neat little ritual to pin your mom...But I say if she cant be there or your chapter isnt doing it then buy one for her anyways...
Old 09-25-2003, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Honeychile

Silver, this is the best, most sincere laugh I've had all day!! The question is, does she wear her Mother's Pin on her DAR ribbons?

Honeychile, It sounds like our families are much alike!

As for wearing her mother's pin on her DAR ribbon...
Oh, my goodness! <Silver looks scandalized!>
That would be a MAJOR faux pas! Did you know that there is even an acceptable ORDER for the pins to be worn down the ribbon? And, YES, there are ladies who check this!

Have an awesome day to all the Alphas out there!

Silver
Old 10-02-2003, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

My mom loved it.....

I got my mom the mother's pin for mother's day and she loved it. She was never in a GLO while in college, so she said that it was the next best thing.... she will often wear her mother's pin when I wear my badge. I think it is really something neat that we both can share (well, next to her going through AI.....I'm still working on that one!)
Old 12-18-2003, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I ended up getting the pin for my mom for her birthday (these December birthdays are going to be the death of me here)... but I haven't let her wear it yet because I have a question.
Are there any rules that go along with wearing it, like we have for our badge?
Old 12-18-2003, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

At Nu Beta a few years ago we initiated our House Mother, Miss Lucy, she was over 65 years old. She had gone to college but had never been in a sorority. Her daughter-in-law by marriage was an AOII and it only seemed fitting that we initiate her. She was so exciting to become part of AOII.