GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,641
1 members and 1,640 guests
Cookiez17

Old 05-10-2010, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Lily! have you not seen the (IMO) absolutely adorable Kappa, PiPhi, and AlphaXi rings that are badge themed? I've even seen a DG anchor ring that is cute as can be.

I have *scuffs toe on ground* a kite ring that I happen to really like.

*scurrying off to find photos to copy and upload now*
Old 05-10-2010, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I have seen Kappa keys that are twisted around, and just scurred off to search the others. Looks like they have the same concept for the quill and arrow. Those are pretty cool, especially with the feathered part overlapping the points... That's not quite the same as a true badge though!

And I don't think I knew you had a kite ring! Yes, photos please.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
I have a Quill ring and just love it. I wear it everyday and love its simplicity.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-AlphaXi View Post
I have a Quill ring and just love it. I wear it everyday and love its simplicity.
Oh! Please post pictures, that sounds so pretty. =) I love seeing badges turned into rings/pendants/etc.

Leslie Anne - You have no idea how bad I want to chip in with you on that auction... I may get back to you on it. ): Hopefully some other GCers jump in too!

Also.. I didn't know if these pics have been seen/posted before(or if the pins actually belong to a GCer) but I found the account of an Alpha Delta Pi on flickr and she posted some of her badges, including a gorgeous opal & diamond point one!

Pics & Descriptions below(all credit to lady_elsinore on flickr)

"Three of the pins are mine originally: the lower middle one was my original pin from college days; the upper right was one I bought during or right after grad school (I'd always wanted a nicer pin than my plain one); and the lower left one was new old stock sold off by the sorority in the late 90s.

Two of the other pins (top left and middle) came from eBay; the top middle one is actually from my college chapter and is my oldest pin. The lower right came from a fellow pin collector/trader who knew I was an ADPi and was hoping to see that one go "home" so to speak.

I haven't done anything in the collecting community in years; I started out collecting to save them. They're pretty bits of history that I'd hate to see melted down... "

"Opal and Diamond Alpha Delta Pi sorority badge from 1955. They (quite literally) don't make them like this anymore. "

Old 05-10-2010, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerbear View Post
Badge Recovery Co-Op, Anyone?

This auction is currently up on "the site"... several badges from several GLOs. With 25 badges from almost as many GLOs, if some GC users work together and the price is reasonable, you may be able to rescue one of your badges for as little as $10! Think of it... if the auction goes to $250, that's an average of $10 for a possibly blinged-out badge! (Unfortunately, there IS a reserve, but oh well.)

There isn't a Phi Mu badge on there, so I won't be part of the fun... but isn't rescuing something so precious to us worth a few bucks? At that price, I don't think it would really be considered "encouraging" these sellers.
Paging agzg...
Old 05-10-2010, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
Paging agzg...
...and VioletPretty....and Preston!

Shellfish - I'd only be taking a guess but I'd say the unique KD pin is 1930s or older. I've never seen one like it. Would you be interested in it if we attempt a GC snipe?

Old 05-10-2010, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Tempting, and it is a blinged badge from a dormant chapter...
Old 05-11-2010, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
I found a collection of pin pics on my backup drive. Most I pulled off of eBay over the years, but I didn't collect a lot of info with them. These are some of the more interesting ones:

Must be a 1905 - 1913 badge due to the Phi.

Ok sorry but I have to ask as it is driving me nuts! Whats up with the hands? Obviously they aren't raised, but they are very different than othe badges with engraved hands in them. They are shorter in they don't reach to the edge of the pin and I believe they aren't as detailed as younger oins which is normally not the case. Please don't get me wrong the pin is gorgeous and I LOVE to even just see it in person, but the hands don't seem to "fit" the pin. Idk is it just me or does anyone else see it?
Old 05-11-2010, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

about rings: I can't copy the pictures, but Brockhaus Jewelry in Norman OK has a web page that has badge rings for Pi Phi, Kappa, Alpha Xi, Delta Gamma ( love the wrapped anchor ring), and two different Theta kite rings. google it - you'll find the page.

Disclaimer: I have never been to Norman OK, I don't know anyone who works for that jeweler, I don't stand to gain anything from any sales, etc.

Now will someone answer ADPiTigerGurl's question? I see exactly what she's talking about. Inquiring minds want to know...
Old 05-11-2010, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
about rings: I can't copy the pictures, but Brockhaus Jewelry in Norman OK has a web page that has badge rings for Pi Phi, Kappa, Alpha Xi, Delta Gamma ( love the wrapped anchor ring), and two different Theta kite rings. google it - you'll find the page.

Disclaimer: I have never been to Norman OK, I don't know anyone who works for that jeweler, I don't stand to gain anything from any sales, etc.
It cracks me up that there's a whole section labeled "Sorority." Oh how different various parts of the country can be!

I know what Lily was talking about with the warp-around key rings. I've seen rings like that before, but I've never seen someone take an actual badge and mount it on a ring the way some other orgs do. Pretty sure she was saying that would be awkward. If any horizontal badge type people have one like that, I wanna see!!
Old 05-11-2010, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingstars View Post

Pics & Descriptions below(all credit to lady_elsinore on flickr)

lady-elsinore = hbrieholmes, then. They're all listed on "that site". I recognized a few of the pins as ones that were sniped from under me. The prices are roughly double that for which they sold on ebay, too.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:07 AM
GreekChat Member

The auction for all of the pins on evil-bay has some strong interest.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
lady-elsinore = hbrieholmes, then. They're all listed on "that site". I recognized a few of the pins as ones that were sniped from under me. The prices are roughly double that for which they sold on ebay, too.
Oh...that's so sad. The way she described them I was thinking that she avidly wore them on a regular basis.

Baci: I noticed that too! The price jumped extremely fast...

Old 05-11-2010, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
about rings: I can't copy the pictures, but Brockhaus Jewelry in Norman OK has a web page that has badge rings for Pi Phi, Kappa, Alpha Xi, Delta Gamma ( love the wrapped anchor ring), and two different Theta kite rings.
Happy to oblige! Although I don't see a quill? The top two are Kappa keys, the middle two are Theta kites, the bottom left is a Pi Phi arrow, and the bottom right is a DG anchor. These are fairly creative, I'll give you that... and I like that the two kites are completely different from each other. And if I were to ever order one of these, it would definitely be the top right- I LOVE the fleur-de-key design. The top left is more like our badge, but I just love the fleur-de-key. That design came out the year I initiated, I believe... love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
I know what Lily was talking about with the warp-around key rings. I've seen rings like that before, but I've never seen someone take an actual badge and mount it on a ring the way some other orgs do. Pretty sure she was saying that would be awkward. If any horizontal badge type people have one like that, I wanna see!!
Exactly
Old 05-12-2010, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I couldn't remember if these have been posted, so if they have been just let me know and I'll delete the post! I found these saved on my hard drive, they were on that auction site a while back!

Philomathean Society early badge

back of Philomathean Society early badge

Early AOII Pledge Pin

Blinged out AOII badge

AOII recognition pin

Pretty AOII badge with ruby points!