GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,351
2 members and 1,349 guests
acg233, naraht

Old 07-16-2002, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Iota Epsilon - Indiana State University, closed

I found out that IE got closed this summer. I'm not sure why, but they've been struggling since my freshman year, '98. They lost their house in 99, but got a new one in 01. They went from being a huge chapter, to being tiny, and then were coming back in numbers. IHQ hopes to recolonize there in the next few years. For now, I guess ritual equipment is being held by an alum.
Old 07-16-2002, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

the word on the street was that they owed like 20k to nationals. And the alumni despised the current undergrads, and prefered to work with new people, not the current group

add it to the list of cool colleges for us to go back to!
Lenoxxx

Visit this website if you miss what TV Guide did in destroying www.jumptheshark.com a fan website run by the fans in 2009!
Old 07-16-2002, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lenoxxx
the word on the street was that they owed like 20k to nationals. And the alumni despised the current undergrads, and prefered to work with new people, not the current group

add it to the list of cool colleges for us to go back to!
Lenoxxx
I could see that, but its not IHQ's MO to close a chapter that owes a debt. They keep them open to pay it off, then close them. Happened to UT in 90 - 94. Paid off a 40K debt, then got closed. I have seen it elsewhere around here too. If they close them..they get no dinero. At least if they stay open, theres the promise of payment. Before we got all our affairs back in order, we owed about 10k, and I didnt begin to worry about ELC's shutting us down until after we got the debt paid off.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:32 AM
GreekChat Member

wow, didn't realize the news had spread so far! yeah, there was NO alumni involvement. In fact, we had one of their alums offer to be our High Pi, when, even though we didn't have a Pi, we had a fairly active local alumni base, compared to them anyway. Some of my boys went to their ritual, and said it left much to be desired. Some of their boys came to one of our ritual practices, and were in awe, if that tells you anything. It was a young chapter, mostly sophomores, and I think they just didn't have any leadership to help them along the way.
Old 07-19-2002, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LXAAlum
Quote:
Originally posted by lifesaver

I could see that, but its not IHQ's MO to close a chapter that owes a debt. They keep them open to pay it off, then close them. Happened to UT in 90 - 94. Paid off a 40K debt, then got closed. I have seen it elsewhere around here too. If they close them..they get no dinero. At least if they stay open, theres the promise of payment. Before we got all our affairs back in order, we owed about 10k, and I didnt begin to worry about ELC's shutting us down until after we got the debt paid off.
Uh, my chapter was closed in 1989 - main reason was a large outstanding debt that we had no hope of repaying - so yes, it does happen....

Still coming to Denver for GA?
Old 07-19-2002, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LXAAlum

Uh, my chapter was closed in 1989 - main reason was a large outstanding debt that we had no hope of repaying - so yes, it does happen....

Still coming to Denver for GA?
Oops, so I guess it does happen.... Just with the chapters I have seen down this way, it seems they try to keep them open to get the cash. Alpha Mu had 12 brother and 40K in debt and they had no other reason to keep them open. As soon as the debt was retired, they were closed for 9 months then, rechartered. Lambda Phi@ SWT owed 17K and IHQ kept them open to pay it off and they were struggeling at the time. It just seemd that it was about the cash.

I was planning on GA..but will not be able to go... Theres no way I could leave work for a week. We'd get too far behind. Hell, I have been withthe firm 4 months and am taking my first day off (Sick or leave) on wednersday and they are stressing...so I cant see telling them, yeppers, I'll be gone a week. Theyd shit.
Old 07-24-2002, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xo_sue
Hi Guys!
My best friend (whose dad was a Lamda Chi @ ISU) just called and told me he got a letter about the closing. It is soooo sad because they were so strong and had THE MOST BEAUTIFUL house. I sooo hope they come back.

If any of you have any contacts- please try to bring them back to ISU- they were really huge in the 90's!!!