GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,374
1 members and 1,373 guests
Xidelt

Old 06-05-2011, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

University of Michigan rush

Does anyone have any experience with fraternity rush at Michigan? I'm going to be an out of state freshman this fall and I want to rush but I don't really know anyone in the greek system there. Is there anything I should do to make sure everything goes well? And could someone explain the rush process at Michigan? Thanks.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-05-2011, 01:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Rush at Michigan is a two week event (including the weekend) and you have to register with IFC to participate. The first day will be a welcome meeting hosted by IFC and will go over what to expect over the next two weeks and every fraternity will have a info table there. The three days after that will be the open houses and you'll be pushed to visit every house on campus. After the open house there is about a week of individual events put on by each chapter. IIRC the first two days or so are open to all men rushing but near the end of the week the events become invite only. You'll receive your bid on the Friday of the second week.

Just be yourself and relax when meeting the guys. It seems like everyone who goes through U of M rush find a house. You're gonna have a blast.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm assuming the houses also hold like pregame parties and other parties before recruitment ends, how much are those a part of recruiting?
Old 06-05-2011, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eziamm View Post
I'm assuming the houses also hold like pregame parties and other parties before recruitment ends, how much are those a part of recruiting?
Individual events = parties. I would say they are 95% of the recruitment process because it's at these events where you actually get to know the brothers and vice versa.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, and when/how should I register with the IFC?
Old 06-05-2011, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

You walk into the IFC office and register when you get to Ann Arbor. Formal rush doesn't start until the second or third week of classes so as long as you register prior to the start of rush you'll be good.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

On Aug 1, IFC registration will open on umgreeks.com. As a U of M grad, PM if you have any questions
Old 07-26-2011, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

One of my high school classmates is entering UM as a freshman this fall. He is in the same boat. Best of luck!