GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,379
1 members and 1,378 guests
aradativanovay8

Old 04-14-2011, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh lord, that sounds so terrible! Lol I'll just tell myself you've been gone a REALLY long time. Then it doesn't sound so bad. Oh and welcome back!

In other news, I've been messaged by a user named BBQ SAUCE. *sigh*

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 04-14-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-14-2011, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Date tomorrow night with The Talker. Since my kids will be at my house (and his car... *cringe*), I'm picking him up at his house (first time for me to see his place) and we're going to dinner at Famous Dave's and then to the movies to see Hanna. Can't wait to see that movie!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^We will be expecting a full report.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:07 AM

My random for the evening:

I REALLY enjoy having alone time.

So, when I go on a date with someone I've been seeing (and really like) on Friday, and that person texts me 4 times ON SATURDAY asking if I want to do something that night, I might say "no thanks." (because I went on a date last night and kind of want to do something with one of my friends or just do my own thing at home watching netflix.)

It turns me off when an adult male can't handle that.

Ex: when I say "Hey, I'm a little tired tonight. Maybe we can hang out sometime this weekend" and that person says "Why not?"

Um, didn't I just tell you I was tired? Is that not good enough? lol.

I texted him a little more just saying "hey, I'm not up to it, but maybe after my sorority event this weekend." His response was "well can I come over while you're at home and just hang out?"

Um, no because then it's not ALONE TIME.

I think it's weird when a guy can't leave me alone for a day without calling/texting/asking to do stuff. It makes me think that they don't have friends/other interests besides me. You're a 20something professional. You HAVE to have more things to do than hang out with me. I'm not the most interesting person in the world. lol.

I'm also not the right person for anyone looking for the kind of girl who HAS to be around them all the time.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 04-15-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
My random for the evening:
I REALLY enjoy having alone time.

So, when I go on a date with someone I've been seeing (and really like) on Friday, and that person texts me 4 times ON SATURDAY asking if I want to do something that night, I might say "no thanks." (because I went on a date last night and kind of want to do something with one of my friends or just do my own thing at home watching netflix.)

It turns me off when an adult male can't handle that.

Ex: when I say "Hey, I'm a little tired tonight. Maybe we can hang out sometime this weekend" and that person says "Why not?"

Um, didn't I just tell you I was tired? Is that not good enough? lol.

I think it's weird when a guy can't leave me alone for a day without calling/texting/asking to do stuff. It makes me think that they don't have friends/other interests besides me.

I think it's even weirder when people equate wanting "alone time" with immaturity. I mean, isn't it normal to want to spend some time alone?

I really question anyone who doesn't want alone time, makes me wonder if they can't stand their own company or aren't secure enough to not be around others all of the time.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:32 AM

^^^Right.

I have never been good with clingers. I have known people who seriously love that their BF can't go a day wthout talking to them. I hate that. Maybe it's an introvert thing?

I also have never been one to cancel on my friends or something because my BF called and wanted to hang out that day. I'm really weird about sticking to plans. So if Suzie and I were supposed to go out for her birthday and we've had this planned for a month, I'm not going to say "oh hey I can't" because Bobby called (spur of the moment) and asked if I wanted to go see a movie.

This guy seems to come up with a lot of random "day of" plans that I can't make it to because my weekends this month are so busy (Easter/weddings/baby showers/etc.)

Then when I try to make an alternate plan (ex: hey, I can't do ____, but do you want to do ___ on *insert day I'm free here?*) he asks "why not?"

Dude, sorry if your past women have been the super spontaneous "oh let's drop all of our plans to go see a movie together" type. I'm a planner. lol.

This is one of those "I thought I liked you when we met like a month ago but now I SO don't" kind of things.

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
My biggest peeve was "Do you miss me?"

NO. I just saw you last night. I will likely see you again tomorrow. Why on EARTH would I miss you??? Stop asking me that nonsense!

Old 04-15-2011, 06:51 AM
GreekChat Member

ITA about the clingers. I will rarely see someone two days in a row. I have a life of my own too! Sheesh!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
Really hoping that my friend with possible relationship upgrades can come visit this weekend
He's coming the weekend after Easter now!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Banned

People who don't want to go a day without talking to or seeing their significant others (with reciprocity) are no more clingy than those of you who don't want that are distant and unemotional loners who are afraid of love.

And if you really enjoy every minute of each other's presence in your life, it is quite possible to miss the person if you haven't seen them in a day...or an hour.

That's fine if you can't get with that but that doesn't make it wrong or clingy. It makes it something that you personally can't get with. Therefore, you would find a life partner who also can't get with that. Birds of a feather.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I wouldn't categorize myself as "clingy," but a couple of weeks ago live-in and I were working crazy hours and did not see each other for 3 days (although we slept in the same bed). Like, we were completely unaware of one another (the one at home had gone to bed and long been asleep before the other got home, etc., and we don't ever see each other on weekday mornings).

I missed him. Real bad. It was weird. It seemed harder to me than the year we spent in an LDR.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
I wouldn't categorize myself as "clingy," but a couple of weeks ago live-in and I were working crazy hours and did not see each other for 3 days (although we slept in the same bed). Like, we were completely unaware of one another (the one at home had gone to bed and long been asleep before the other got home, etc., and we don't ever see each other on weekday mornings).

I missed him. Real bad. It was weird. It seemed harder to me than the year we spent in an LDR.
I can completely relate.

The only difference is that there is no entering the bedroom and getting in the bed without noticing and acknowledging each other. It doesn't matter the time or the level of exhaustion.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
I can completely relate.

The only difference is that there is no entering the bedroom and getting in the bed without noticing and acknowledging each other. It doesn't matter the time or the level of exhaustion.
Well, this is true, but it's single-sided noticing.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Well, this is true, but it's single-sided noticing.
Not once you get to cuddling and holding.

Perhaps no boomchickawowow but "let me hold you tiiiiiiight...if only for one niiiiiiight...."
Old 04-15-2011, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Not once you get to cuddling and holding.

Perhaps no boomchickawowow but "let me hold you tiiiiiiight...if only for one niiiiiiight...."
You... cuddle? In bed?

This concept is so foreign to me.

Many times I'm of the "don't touch me if you want to keep that arm" mindset.