GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,292
0 members and 2,292 guests
No Members online

Old 08-13-2008, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

You have to read this post from the Knot. It is bridezilla at its best http://talk.theknot.com/boards/main_...aspx?ForumID=9 or worst rather.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedyAnn View Post
You have to read this post from the Knot. It is bridezilla at its best http://talk.theknot.com/boards/main_...aspx?ForumID=9 or worst rather.
Which thread? Your link took me to the board itself. Are you talking about the one at the top with the lady who is mad because her boss RSVP'd with her kids?

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

So I told my FI about the contracts...So I told my FI about the contracts...
Poster: Jessandgiff

This wasn't the original thread, but here is a continuation of it. She wants her bridal party to sign contracts including weight gain/loss clauses.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedyAnn View Post
So I told my FI about the contracts...So I told my FI about the contracts...
Poster: Jessandgiff

This wasn't the original thread, but here is a continuation of it. She wants her bridal party to sign contracts including weight gain/loss clauses.
Found the original. She's a Bridezilla.

I mean I've had little "task lists" as a bridesmaid, that just said "Don't forget to to stop by the dress shop by (date) to get your alterations done." or "make sure you're at the salon by (time)" but a contract is a bit much.

What is she going to do if one of her BM's gets pregnant (something the poster wanted to put in the 'contract')? Sue them? Please.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 08-13-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
Quote:
I haven't drafted a contract for the parents yet, but I can give you a general idea of what I told her the contract would entail:

- Must have perfectly maincured feet and hands. No french manicure, no colored polish. Only Essie Ballet Slippers.

- Must not alter appearance in any way, including, but not limited to: hair style, color, body weight.

- Must consult bride on any major appearance changes.

-Must attend all wedding related events, with the exception of the bachelorette party.

- Must be on time to all events, including the rehersal and the wedding itself.

- Must not consume more than 3 drinks at the wedding (this may change depending on body weight/height)

- Must wear attire picked out by bride, regardless of how you may feel about it

- Must get approval on all jewelery and accessories worn during the wedding

- Must wear entire outfit, including shoes, during the duration of the wedding. No changing into flip-flops or other "dance" shoes during the wedding, no taking off tie (for men).

- Must have hair and make-up professionally done by artist of brides choice and must attend a consultation with these professionals with the bride at least one month prior to the wedding.

I think that's about all I had so far.
I can't believe that this is the contract she wants to give her future MIL! Is she nuts. When her fiance gets wind of this, he better run. Wow, what a b*tch!

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 08-13-2008, 07:59 PM

According to the follow-up thread, her fiance "thinks it's a good idea."

Honestly though, I've been told what to wear by brides before, but it was no big deal because most of the time I've been in weddings, I actually got to have a say in what she picked out.

I can understand not wanting your bridal party to get wasted, but limiting drinks based on height/weight is a bit much.

At the end of the day I think some brides need to understand that your bridesmaids don't have to be in your wedding, that they're taking time out of their lives to be a part of it, and that you should treat them as you'd want someone to treat you.

If a bride told me to consult with her before I cut my hair or *gasp* put on a few pounds, I'd tell her to kick rocks.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 08-13-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
I'm in the bridal party in a wedding on Sunday. The wedding is at the zoo and very informal, to the point that the bride told people she doesn't care if they come in jeans. All three members of the bridal party (myself and 2 others) are wearing different colors (MOH is in navy, I'm in red and the other bridesmaid is in purple I've heard). How tacky would it be if I changed after the ceremony?

I'm so not looking forward to this wedding. I can't stand the MOH and I'm fighting with my best friend who happens to be giving me the ride to the wedding and will also be sitting next to me as my "date".

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 08-13-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonz View Post
How tacky would it be if I changed after the ceremony?

I'd ask the bride ahead of time if it's okay to change afterwards since there will be pictures taken and such after the ceremony and she might want you to stay in your dresses for the reception (since you might be making an "entrance" in front of guests).

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 08-13-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I'd ask the bride ahead of time if it's okay to change afterwards since there will be pictures taken and such after the ceremony and she might want you to stay in your dresses for the reception (since you might be making an "entrance" in front of guests).
From what she has told me, she doesn't care, I'm just afraid that it will come across as tacky.

I might bring something just in case, but chances are I think I'll wind up staying in the gown. I got lucky though, I'm wearing my mom's gown from my sister's wedding (she knows about it) so I didn't have to buy a new dress which is good because I can't afford much right now.

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 08-14-2008, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonz View Post
How tacky would it be if I changed after the ceremony?
I would say stay in your dress, but from the way you're describing things it might not matter.

Course if it's anything like when my fiance's brother got married, both the bride and groom changed into jeans during the reception. Course just to show you how "klassy" this affair was, I was in a navy blue simple dress and was overdressed for the "blessed event."
Old 08-14-2008, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

A guy friend is on his way to a wedding and I asked him if he bought the couple a gift, and he said it was because they didn't have the registry information in the invitation.

Of course they didn't because the bride isn't tacky as all hell!

He did say he called her, but I suggested he ask the bridal party or her family. I guess so many people are doing that he thought it was normal and acceptable, ummm NO, NEVER.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SHEETCAKE
Quote:
If a bride told me to consult with her before I cut my hair or *gasp* put on a few pounds, I'd tell her to kick rocks.
One of the ladies who bakes me had a bride tell her not to cut her hair, to go tanning because she is too pale, and to lose 10 pounds. Instead of smashing me in the bride's face, baker lady is already planning revenge, in the form of a butt bow.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
So, we picked up our wedding bands this weekend. I have a feeling the next three weeks are going to fly by!

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 08-19-2008, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
According to the follow-up thread, her fiance "thinks it's a good idea."

Honestly though, I've been told what to wear by brides before, but it was no big deal because most of the time I've been in weddings, I actually got to have a say in what she picked out.

I can understand not wanting your bridal party to get wasted, but limiting drinks based on height/weight is a bit much.

At the end of the day I think some brides need to understand that your bridesmaids don't have to be in your wedding, that they're taking time out of their lives to be a part of it, and that you should treat them as you'd want someone to treat you.

Her posts got even worse... at one point she said that "No one cares what the groom wants, it's my day, not his!" I sure hope she's a troll.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilzetakitten View Post
Her posts got even worse... at one point she said that "No one cares what the groom wants, it's my day, not his!" I sure hope she's a troll.
I hate hearing women say this type of stuff, because in reality, "your day" would be non-existent without your fiance (unless you planned on marrying yourself).

Lakers Nation.