GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,259
0 members and 1,259 guests
No Members online

Old 05-07-2019, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

DNA Solves Murder of Sorority Woman

Rather morbid, but I see that an over 46 year old murder has been solved through DNA. The victim was Pamela Milam, and the articles all say that she was leaving a sorority function when she was killed, and left in the trunk of her car. Since this happened in the fall, and Indiana has winter recruitment, this was not a rush event.
Indiana Police ID Alleged Killer of College Student Pamela Milam Nearly 50 Years After Her Death

Does anyone know which was Pamela's sorority?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-07-2019, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, Sigma Kappa from our Indiana State chapter.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Actually it happened in the state of Indiana but on the Indiana State University campus, which does have fall rush (as it was called then). This morning, my wife (a Chi O) who was a senior when this happened, remembered the horror and fear among all the sororities. She remembered that rush was postponed for several days then re-started with all events taking place before dark.

I had graduated that spring and was two hours away in my first teaching job. I had worked on yearbook staff with a dear Sigma Kappa friend who was Pam Milam’s sorority mom. I remember a long tearful call from her and later being fearful for my girlfriend and all the ISU campus women. I also recall Nancy, Pam’s sorority mom, telling me that Carole King’s “Tapestry” album got her through many difficult days.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
Yes, Sigma Kappa from our Indiana State chapter.
So sorry to hear that, yet I'm glad that the mystery is finally solved. It should NOT have happened to anyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
Actually it happened in the state of Indiana but on the Indiana State University campus, which does have fall rush (as it was called then). This morning, my wife (a Chi O) who was a senior when this happened, remembered the horror and fear among all the sororities. She remembered that rush was postponed for several days then re-started with all events taking place before dark.

I had graduated that spring and was two hours away in my first teaching job. I had worked on yearbook staff with a dear Sigma Kappa friend who was Pam Milam’s sorority mom. I remember a long tearful call from her and later being fearful for my girlfriend and all the ISU campus women. I also recall Nancy, Pam’s sorority mom, telling me that Carole King’s “Tapestry” album got her through many difficult days.
I can only imagine how rough that had to be, so far away yet worried about a repeat.

FWIW, I was in college during the end of the Ted Bundy spree. We got a call from our Executive Office very early in the morning that we were not to leave the premises for any reason whatsoever, that there was a sorority killer on the loose. We found out later that every sorority on campus got basically the same call - and probably every campus!