GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Zeta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,394
1 members and 2,393 guests
Cookiez17

Old 06-28-2002, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
Question gift-giving from a non-DZ...need advice

Hello ladies,

I am not a Delta Zeta; I am a Sigma Alpha Iota. However I have a close friend who is a DZ and I never really know what to get get for her birthday or Christmas. My problem is, since she is a DZ I have always wanted to give her something DZ-related, like I saw this really cute DZ bobby pins in our local greek store, I also saw DZ push pins and stuff like that. But since I am not a DZ, would this be inappropriate to give a DZ something DZ-related? I am a greek, however I am in a music GLO so I don't know too much about ettiquite for social GLOs.

I hope you ladies can help me out. Please honestly let me know if it would be okay to give her something that said DZ or if it would be better not to.

Thanks!

Greek love,
SAIrose
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-28-2002, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

SAIRose-
It most definitely would NOT be improper for you to give your friend DZ stuff! I'm sure she would treasure it twice as much, because it represents her sorority, as well as your thoughtfulness and friendship.

There is no social GLO rule of ettiquette that discourages non-members from purchasing items for members. It's just not proper to buy things for an organization that a person doesn't belong to with the intent to use it to represent that they are a member.

I hope your friend loves her gift!

Fraternally,
Andi
Old 06-28-2002, 11:18 AM

I think it is awesome that you want to buy your DZ friend DZ related stuff! Those bobby pins sound really cute, by the way!

There is no problem etiquette-wise with you getting her things with our letters on them; I know she would love it!

P.S. In general, we Delta Zetas are also crazy about anything turtle-themed
Old 06-28-2002, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I think it would be a very sweet gesture to get your friend something with DZ letters! I would personally love it if a non-DZ friend of mine did that. However, if you really feel uncomfortable about it, then my suggestion would be to purchase something that is DZ-related, but doesn't actually have DZ letters on it. For example, anything with a turtle is always welcome in my house -- also, anything with a pale pink rose.
Old 06-29-2002, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I think that it's a great idea! My best friend is a Kappa Delta and we give each other "greek stuff" all the time! In fact, for her birthday, I gave her a stiched letter KD shirt...the girl gave me the weirdest look when I ordered it though...I guess I should'nt have worn a DZ shirt that day! LOL!

Blaire

So proud to be a DELTA ZEE!