GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,316
3 members and 1,313 guests
naraht, PGD-GRAD, TLLK

Old 06-01-2009, 07:50 PM
violet_sigma3

Incentive Programs

I want to bring something fun like a reward/incentive program. Kind of a positive reinforcement for living out our values or to reinforce our nm education to our initiated members.

I was thinking of having the sisters vote at our meetings on a sister they saw especially living out the values during the week. Then, the sister who gets the most votes gets some kind of small prize. The down side to this would be the potential of a few sisters consistently being voted to win- not to say all of my sisters wouldn't be voted at one time or another. I just don't want it to be a "oh, Susie wins...again."

Does your chapter have any kind of incentive programs/ weekly acknowledgments/awards? Any ideas as to what I could do that would give my chapter incentive to really retain the information we learn about our sorority and chapter in general?

Thanks =)
Old 06-01-2009, 10:27 PM

We had sister of the week and boobie of the week. Sister of the week was someone who did something outstanding for the sorority or in another area (ex: the rush chair after formal rush week or the sister who got the lead in a theater production). Boobie of the week was someone who did something really silly (ex: my roommate throwing up in the back of my boyfriend's car). We just gave out little paper paddles with either sister or boobie of the week and the date - you could use sailboats or another mascot.

Don't make it a big deal over "living the values" - everyone has their own interpretation of that and you don't want it to get drama-fied or corny. Keep it light. If you want, you can make a rule that people can only receive one or the other once a semester or year.

If your chapter is having trouble with retaining history try playing Jeopardy or something like that when you have a retreat.