GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Nu

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,113
1 members and 1,112 guests
No Members online

Old 04-05-2018, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Update from Zeta Lambda

Hey guys, I was perusing through old threads and noticed my colony, Zeta Lambda, mentioned a few times, and thought I would provide a bit of an update. Nationals came out to TU last spring and formally got us up and running again. I was the 10th person who signed, and now we're up to 19 members! Soon we will move into the honors house, and get rolling further. It has been an uphill battle, but one definitely worth fighting for.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Sweet! It's great to see y'all back. I am on your FB alumni page. I haven't talked with our exec yet about reaching out to maybe do some joint summer recruitment stuff. I think we did a float trip last summer and things went pretty well, right? (I'm the chapter adviser at UCO).
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 04-06-2018, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay! I was at Tulsa University when Sigma Nu was there previously. Now there are the same number fraternities as there are sororities. Glad you’re getting the honors house (the former ATO house *) and returning 7th street to a true Fraternity Row (since the university bought your old house/land and it’s now the Lorton Performance Hall). I know Sigma Nu has a fantastic local alumni base in Tulsa so you’ll have great support. Plan for a big weekend in October on homecoming weekend to celebrate Sigma Nu’s homecoming back to TU! Congrats! ��

History note: in addition to the current fraternities - Pike, Kappa Sigma, KA, Lambda Chi, Sigma Nu and Sigma Chi - TU has also had chapters of Beta Theta Pi and Sigma Phi Epsilon on campus. On the sorority side, Phi Mu used to be where the True Blue House is on sorority row (between Tri Delta and KD).

* Please refrain from jumping off the 2nd floor balcony onto the back patio. The story is that an ATO did that, broke limbs and that’s what got ATO kicked off campus. Feel free to share the story as a cautionary tale.

Last edited by ChioLu; 04-06-2018 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Fantastic! Always Great News to hear a Chapter is returning to a Campus! Kudos!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 04-09-2018, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Sweet! It's great to see y'all back. I am on your FB alumni page. I haven't talked with our exec yet about reaching out to maybe do some joint summer recruitment stuff. I think we did a float trip last summer and things went pretty well, right? (I'm the chapter adviser at UCO).
Unfortunately the float trip was rearranged last minute and we could not attend, but I can't remember the exact details of it. This summer is looking good though! Send me a PM either on here or on FB (I'm an admin)! I'd love to chat with you.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
Yay! I was at Tulsa University when Sigma Nu was there previously. Now there are the same number fraternities as there are sororities. Glad you’re getting the honors house (the former ATO house *) and returning 7th street to a true Fraternity Row (since the university bought your old house/land and it’s now the Lorton Performance Hall). I know Sigma Nu has a fantastic local alumni base in Tulsa so you’ll have great support. Plan for a big weekend in October on homecoming weekend to celebrate Sigma Nu’s homecoming back to TU! Congrats! ��

History note: in addition to the current fraternities - Pike, Kappa Sigma, KA, Lambda Chi, Sigma Nu and Sigma Chi - TU has also had chapters of Beta Theta Pi and Sigma Phi Epsilon on campus. On the sorority side, Phi Mu used to be where the True Blue House is on sorority row (between Tri Delta and KD).

* Please refrain from jumping off the 2nd floor balcony onto the back patio. The story is that an ATO did that, broke limbs and that’s what got ATO kicked off campus. Feel free to share the story as a cautionary tale.
We had a stellar homecoming last fall, and I'm looking forward to the next one! We're planning on having a concert sometime that week that will benefit The Little Lighthouse. Our alumni have been extremely helpful in getting us back on our feet, and I can't thank them enough for it.

Where were the Beta Theta Pi and Sigma Phi Epsilon chapters on campus? I knew ATO was at the honors house before us, but I didn't realize there were other fraternities on campus. I also didn't know that Phi Mu was on campus too! I've always wondered why the True Blue house was located in the middle of sorority row.

And don't worry, we won't be jumping off any roofs anytime soon haha
Old 04-12-2018, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

It was well before my time, but I think Beta was also at the honors house (your new house) before ATO was there. Not sure about Sig Ep. My uncle was a member when he attended TU, but he passed away a few years ago. I’ll see if I can find out.

Update: can’t find info on Beta, but SAE was also at TU at one time. Sig Ep tried to recolonize in the 1990’s but were unsuccessful.

Last edited by ChioLu; 04-13-2018 at 11:54 AM.