GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,272
2 members and 1,270 guests
PGD-GRAD, Titchou

Old 12-19-2017, 02:17 AM
GreekChat Member

UT rush

Hello everyone,

I will most likely be attending UT Austin next year! Do you have any recommendations on SRD vs Hardin House? I have applied to both and contracts go out soon!
Old 12-19-2017, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Have you been accepted at UT? If not, you might want to wait until you are sure you will be in Austin. It's expensive to break a housing contract.

UT sorority girls won't care if you live at SRD or Hardin House. Hardin House is quite a bit more expensive and seems dark and outdated. Some of the different houses are more isolated so it's more like apartment living. My daughter loved living at SRD for two years. The staff and food are great! Visit both places to determine which one suits you best.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:01 AM
GreekChat Member

My daughter looked at both SRD and Hardin House (where I lived freshman year). SRD is wonderful, and many girls live there beyond freshman year; Hardin House doesn't seem to have been significantly updated since the early '80s when I lived there, and it's usually a freshman-year place to live; that said, it's perhaps more intimate than SRD, and its location in West Campus makes it convenient to almost every sorority at UT. And the food is wonderful at both. I think it boils down to personal preference, and in many cases, family tradition.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't get the sense that girls in greek life are in on-campus housing. Can anyone speak to this for UT? My niece signed a contract for Duren. It's the newest on-campus dorm and is very nice.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

There are girls who live on-campus and join sororities. It doesn't matter to the chapters where you live.

I think you meant to say your niece hopes to live at Duren. UT housing contracts are for a space to live on campus, not a particular residence hall. Students won't know where they are living until room selection in June.

Good luck to your niece and hook 'em Horns! \m/
Old 03-19-2018, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloMo Mom View Post
There are girls who live on-campus and join sororities. It doesn't matter to the chapters where you live.

I think you meant to say your niece hopes to live at Duren. UT housing contracts are for a space to live on campus, not a particular residence hall. Students won't know where they are living until room selection in June.

Good luck to your niece and hook 'em Horns! \m/
We think she will get her #1 choice. From what others have told me, she got her paperwork submitted early enough to get her first option.