GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,436
3 members and 1,433 guests
FSUZeta, Kevin, PGD-GRAD

Old 03-29-2004, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-30-2004, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Quote:
Originally posted by CC1GC
It's not proportional. Think of upper grades as a volume control, the increments are not equal. I don't think any high school in my area had any student past a 96% average during my 5 yrs of hs. The system is meant to discourage perfect scores, for ex. my buddy earned over 100% in OAC (grade 13) in some maths and sciences, but could only receive 99% tops.

I'm not insulting your abilities, doll, just pointing out the fundamental differences.
I wonder if they've changed the grading system now that they have eliminated OAC?

Side note: A guy in my english class received 100% in english. He had a 97%...the highest grade in any english class, but the rest of my OAC class was bombing...I had the second highest grade with and 81%. The department decided to give everyone an extra 3% to imporve the class averages. However, he wasn't going to get his 3% because they didn't want anyone to have 100% in english. After much complaining he got it. I'm glad he did. It was the principle.

P.S hijack here....but I love Carnation!!!
Old 03-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Pi Phi

P.S hijack here....but I love Carnation!!!
Please, explain your love in detailed prose.

-Rudey
Old 03-30-2004, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Please, explain your love in detailed prose.

-Rudey
I don't have to justify my love to you!
Old 03-30-2004, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Pi Phi
I don't have to justify my love to you!
Your parents must be proud.

-Rudey
Old 03-30-2004, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Your parents must be proud.

-Rudey
They are. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2004, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to skerbow Send a message via MSN to skerbow Send a message via Yahoo to skerbow
Back to the topic at hand....

Texas*princess, how did your meeting with the prof go today???
Old 03-30-2004, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

in my english class received 100% in english. He had a 97%...the highest grade in any english class, but the rest of my OAC class was bombing...I had the second highest grade with and 81%. The department decided to give everyone an extra 3% to imporve the class averages. However, he wasn't going to get his 3% because they didn't want anyone to have 100% in english. After much complaining he got it. I'm glad he did. It was the principle.

pffff that's garbage. My buddy had over 100% in the most brutal OACS (a&g, calc), and only received 99% when the second closest in the class was in the low 90s.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CC1GC
in my english class received 100% in english. He had a 97%...the highest grade in any english class, but the rest of my OAC class was bombing...I had the second highest grade with and 81%. The department decided to give everyone an extra 3% to imporve the class averages. However, he wasn't going to get his 3% because they didn't want anyone to have 100% in english. After much complaining he got it. I'm glad he did. It was the principle.

pffff that's garbage. My buddy had over 100% in the most brutal OACS (a&g, calc), and only received 99% when the second closest in the class was in the low 90s.
Well because he already had a 97% in english, the extra three percent that every OAC english class in my school received, his mark became 100%.
Now, if our english department wasn't so retarded, he would have jsut had a 97%. But when the highest OAC class average is 64%...that's not very good adn it does say something about the teachers. I had the second highest mark in my class with an 81%. Our class average was 53%. yeah, that's why everyone got an extra 3%.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

my university has the same grading system as what Lady Pi Phi said... I absolutely love it, because it has saved me a few times...

that being said, it might look like some sort of dream come true, but the grading up here is a lot tougher than back in the states (and I spent 2 years of university in the states before coming here, so I know). In my other schools, I was disappointed with myself if I got below an 80 on anything. Now I'm happy with anything above a 60.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

T*P...what did your professor say to you?
Old 04-19-2004, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Take the hidden highway towards the road of aspirations and you will find me in tranquility
Send a message via AIM to AngelicWings21 Send a message via Yahoo to AngelicWings21
.....My very first test in Business Law....was whew...a disaster... I was making all A's in the course...studying my BUT off....
50 questions in 50 mins I am like I got this....I got this....
I was done with the test in less than 15 mins...I was like WAIT...that was too fast go back....and I thought maybe I rushed into...so then I started doubling checking my answers...and thought some were wrong.....and I changed them.....BIG MISTAKE...I am not going to say what I got....but my professor talked to me when he was handing them out...and was like what happen....I was me dunno?????? I was so upset...with myself....he was like you changed your answers why?????? I was like me dunno....I just wanted to leave....and just drop the class...but I am still there....I bet you I won't make that mistake again...