GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,524
0 members and 2,524 guests
No Members online

Old 11-18-2003, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm trying to think of funny stories, but I'm drawing a blank right now... I do remember one of my professors tripping twice while going up the 2 stairs to the platform... it was funny because she was scatter-brained and really embarassed afterward.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-19-2003, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Once about two years ago I was in my Human Sexuality class (big auditorium room) and this guy in the front just starts stripping.. yeah just stands up and starts taking off his clothes... I don't know if he thought it was funny.... or was really disturbed or what... but yeah .. campus security came and took him away. Not funny.. but last week someone had a seizure in the middle of our film... kinda scary actually...
Old 11-19-2003, 04:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by aephi alum
We had one listener in the class.
What is a listener???
Old 11-19-2003, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TigerLilly
What is a listener???
Some schools might call it auditing a course. You go to lecture, but you're not obligated to do any of the assignments or take the exams. You also don't receive credit.

This guy was a pretty regular attendee... which is more than I can say for some of the people who were taking the class for credit!
Old 11-19-2003, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

i was taking a meteorology class(for non-majors) to fulfill a science
requirement-heard it was an easy "a"-HA! anyway, it was winter and the sky was really cloudy and gray and one of the students asked if it might snow. now this is in tallahassee, florida, mind you. so the professor(who was the head of the department) goes into a long dissertation explaining why it would not snow-very boring! so i'm looking out the window, and this white stuff starts floating by the window-i figured that the whole lecture was a set-up and the prof. had a grad. student on the roof shaking a box of ivory snow. one brave student raised his hand and asked the profressor "if it's not going to snow, then what's that white stuff coming from the sky? the professor looked out the window, threw up his hands and said,"ladies and gentlemen, now you know why the weather forecast on television is no more accurate than it is. because of my error, class dismissed. go enjoy this florida snow!"it snowed the rest of the day and into the night and provided enough stuff on the ground to have a 3 a.m.snow ball fight with the sigma chis across the street from us. lisa
Old 11-19-2003, 10:59 AM
ADPiZXalum

Ok, so this isn't THAT funny, but it was embarassing for me: My freshman year I was taking Physics II to fulfill some requirements and there were mostly older kids in the class including this one GORGEOUS sigma chi who sat behind me. I mean the boy was perfect. Really smart, good looking, anyway.........so I always tried to not say anything too stupid and kinda just tried to blend in, which was hard during Pledging!!!! Anyway, the night before the final I was cramming and apparently stayed up too late bc I fell asleep on my book with the lights on and woke up 30 minutes after the final started. I ran to class, realizing about half way there I had no bra on, my pj pants and a ratty sweatshirt, hair a horrible mess, my retainer still on, yea you get the picture. So of course, this class is a lecture hall with about 200 people in it, with the entrance door at the very front. I sat in the VERY MIDDLE of this madness and everyone else of course was already 45 minutes into their test. I was mortified as the professor gave me the test and shook his head and everyone kinda laughed at me.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:05 AM
ADPiZXalum

One more, sorry...... At Baylor we were required to take two semesters of chapel. It could be really boring sometimes and really cool sometimes, but anyway. A few years ago, they started turning all the lights off so that you wouldn't be able to do your homework, everyone just fell asleep though. There were close to 2500 people in each chapel section. One of my best friends and I would always go sit in the balcony bc it was the best place to sleep! Well this one day we were particularly deep in conversation when we heard some giggling behind us, which turned to rows and rows of people laughing. When they stopped for a minute I saw why. I turned around and there was this really big guy(not really fat, just really tall and stout) who barely fit in the seat who had his head thrown back, mouth open, dead asleep, and snoring louder than anyone I had ever heard before. THe laughing got to be so loud that the poor guy woke up and looked around and flipped everyone off, it was hillarious.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MareImbrium
I was sitting in my Japanese class one day and the professor designates someone to do the traditional response of respect which was standing up and staying "Kiritsu" which means "Please stand up" because the professor has entered the classroom. Then we all say good evening. Then we do the same thing at the end of the day. Anyway, it was my duty for the week and one class session we were learning the phrase "suki desu" during the entire class period. It means "I like." So I got up and I said "Suki desu" right at the professor! I didn't realize what happened until he started giggling a bit and said "I know you do. The entire class started laughing. I couldn't stop laughing and my classmate had to do the kiritsu for me.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

This dumbass in one of my 300 person classes was picked to write ppl's answers on the board at the front of the lecture hall to the question "What are your top political concerns?". Someone shouts out "Euthanasia" and he writes "Youth In Asia.."

Another time, my teacher's false teeth kept falling out and he had to cancel class.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXJules
This dumbass in one of my 300 person classes was picked to write ppl's answers on the board at the front of the lecture hall to the question "What are your top political concerns?". Someone shouts out "Euthanasia" and he writes "Youth In Asia.."
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 12-10-2003, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MareImbrium
ROTFL! OMG that was soooooooooooooo hilarious! Almost fell off my chair!!
Old 01-22-2004, 01:23 PM
cutiepatootie

Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
Freshman year, I had this one class in a huge 400 person lecture hall. The class was totally full that day. Practically every student showed up the day because the professor was doing a review for the final. The class got silent as the professor started to do an algebra problem on the overhead. All the sudden, this girl in front of me let out the loudest, raunchiest fart I have ever heard. I feel so bad saying this but it smelled soooo bad that she cleared 3 rows of students (we all ran so that we wouldn't have to breathe in the toxins). The rest of the students in the class were laughing...even the professor! She just got up out of her seat and left class.
You dont know how hard ia m laughing right now..... i have tears streaming down my face!
Old 04-07-2004, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

So we're sitting there in a very upper-level econ class the other day, that can be taken for graduate credit. My back-row buddies and I are just chilling there, making fun of the professor, when he says "So where are the people going to put their monies?" I mutter under my breath "In the banks." in complete sarcasm, and then to my shcok he says "People take their monies and they put them in the banks." Everybody in the room was looking at each other like "WE're 10 weeks into a Monetary Policy class and he feels the need to teach us that people put money in banks?"
Old 04-08-2004, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Oh my god, this thread is hilarious.

I'm trying hard not to crack up here at work.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Most of the laughs in college came outside of class...but law school was a different story.

Law professors often use the Socratic method, which means that they choose a student at random and proceed to have a one-on-one dialogue in front of the whole class of Ivy Leaguers, posing lots of difficult questions. The professor never answers questions; the idea is to guide the student toward discovering the right answer himself. Predictably, even a very smart and well-prepared student can get tongue-tied and frozen when they're put on the spot like that, especially first semester of first year!

My civil procedure professor was interrogating a girl about a case involving international trade in the Phillippines, and asked her why the court had decided the way it did, but she didn't know where he was going with that question, and she started to panic and freeze up.

Professor: Well, what year was this case decided?

Student: 1942.

Professor: And where did the plaintiff want to send his ships?

Student: The Phillippines.

Professor: And what was going on in the Phillippines in 1942?

Student: Ummm....

Professor: Well, what was going on in the entire South Pacific in 1942?

Student: Ummm....uhhhhh....

Everyone felt so bad for her and was whispering the answer, but she was completely panicked and couldn't think of anything to say. Finally, the professor, PO'd, walked over to the blackboard and wrote in giant capital letters:

WORLD WAR II

I don't think she ever forgot about that...