GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,428
0 members and 1,428 guests
No Members online

Old 04-05-2013, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Fraternity Life @ Texas A&M

I have a freshman headed that way in the Fall, and although I know plenty about Aggie sorority life, know absolutely nothing about the fraternity environment/culture, other than what I've seen of their websites.

So I'm looking for general thoughts, but also want to know if there are any activities during the summer we should be aware of? He is a legacy of 2 fraternities, but only one is an option at A&M so I would certainly recommend he keep an open mind. I'm not looking for ranks or reputations of individual houses (been around long enough to know that is bad form on GC!)...just wanting to get a feel for things if my son decides to go through recruitment. His dad is not an active alumni, but he knows I am actively involved with DZ and always have been...not sure if that's a good thing in his opinion or not, but really want him to explore Greek life if it will get him out of his room.

Thanks in advance for any informed comments (and yes, I have hit up my Aggie DZs for their insight, but would like other POVs).