GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,433
1 members and 1,432 guests
LaneSig

Old 09-14-2000, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Post How should I go about starting a locaL?

I am currently on exchange in Hawaii, I go to Buffalo State College. I was wondering how to start up a local. I was thinking that I would get a few girls together up here (we are all on exchange from all over the nation) and then when we return to our hometowns we would organize our own chapters, would this work... some guidance would be appreciated.. Thanks

------------------
Jessica
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-15-2000, 08:01 AM

Smile

It might work if each of you have a group of women to go back to at your home school who are like minded and want to do the same thing. Starting a local completely on your own might be a bit difficult.
Old 09-15-2000, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Hi Cody46,

I think the first thing to establish is what the basis for the new sisterhood will be. What do you and your friends have in common that you'd like to preserve and share with other women? What ideals/goals could you take back to your home schools that could be shared by other women on your campus? Why do you want the basis of sisterhood (as opposed to a student organization)?

I think these are good points to ponder. Best of luck to you and your friends.

------------------
equeen
A Lioness has her Pride!
@>--;--
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies
Old 03-11-2001, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Hey if we are a local sorority , and we knowing the growing pains about being new so, if ya'll need some help, drop us a line and we'll be glad to help.
The Lovely Ladies of Delta Gamma PI Multi-Cultural Sorority http://www.homestead.com/deltagammapi/index.html
deltagammapi@hotmail.com
Old 03-11-2001, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Well... my best friend and I just started our local sorority, and amazingly, it wasn't as hard as we thought. Of course there were a lot of things we didn't expect, but basically what you have to do is talk to the Student Activities Director on your campus and explain everything. We had to write by-laws and a constitution to get things rolling for approval, but I'm sure it varies on each campus. That was just for our campus to recognize us as an organization. That activities director will be your main contact person with questions and what not. Good luck and just e-mail me with any questions!!
Sandi
Sandra@greekchat.com