GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,268
2 members and 1,266 guests
Cookiez17, Phrozen Sands

Old 01-27-2010, 03:14 AM
GreekChat Member

!

Last edited by hoosierr; 04-27-2010 at 05:00 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

ha ha-love your notes! did you not have a break at all during the day?(poor bladder!)
Old 01-27-2010, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierr View Post
So 19 party one of the was the longest weekends of my life. I got sick from being out in the freezing cold, running from house to house with my rush group, and standing outside each chapter for at LEAST 30 freaking minutes waiting to go inside! But the experience was unbelievable...lets start at the beginning...

So the night before I didn't get ANY sleep for reasons I will not post, but it was the worst idea ever. I wake up to my alarm not going off and I remember stubbing my toe bad on the way to my bathroom. I threw on my clothes and makeup and ran out the door. I then met up with my rho gam group and got sent on my way. 19 houses, 2 days. Sorority women are seriously tanks! On to the 19- I named them after some of my favorite things. Keep in mind these are the actual notes i jotted down in my 19 party journal (we had to after every house).

Juicy Couture- LOVE!!!!!!, gorgeous house, gorgeous girls, gorgeous personalities

Chanel- another one of my favorites. The girls were so enthusiastic and awesome

Burberry- meh house, meh girls, girl i rushed with asked me if i was cold 40 times, yes of course im cold, can we talk about something else?

Neiman- another of my favorites, house is so pretty outside but not as pretty as i hoped inside *sigh

Macy- a lot of indianapolis girls, NO

Nordstrom- interesting group of girls, just wasnt for me, great house though. damn

Saks- nothing great, worst 'reputation" on campus apparently, felt uncomfortable, had to pee and didnt want to be rude so this could be a factor for that

Choo- one of my favorites, the chants were sooooo loud i felt a little deaf after, hearing still has not returned

True religion- loved the house, loved the girls, house mom looks like kris jenner

BCBG- it was good, not the location i was looking for, way too far out, girls seem too crazy for me..dont want any baby mama drama

Coach- didnt like, weird feeling, still have to pee bad, why is it rude to go in a house? AH

Madden- i had a big x over this house, i guess i didnt like it

UGG- got gawked at like an alien, so no

dior- liked, not loved, nothing stood out to me

gucci- it was okay, not for me, note to self: i am not a stair climber. wiped out at this house

guess- meh, not as social as i like to be

MAC- didnt love the house, but it smelled like christmas candles yum

Bobbi Brown- loved girls and house, gorgeous AND down to earth, a plus

Zac Posen- didnt really like it, didnt smell good, didn't seem social, not too involved.
Finally, a big school recruitment story I can follow because of the short descriptions! (I know I'm not one to talk because my descriptions were novels, but hey, I knew how it happened, I didn't have to read it!)
Old 01-27-2010, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow! Great news, sophomore transfer (dun-dun-duuuuuuuun)!!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
haha no bladder breaks! we only had a lunch break and I only had time to run way back to where I live and get something then run back to the next round. it was awful!!

ok so after 19 party I got a bad cold but knew what houses I wanted to go back to at least. We had to wait that lonnggg ass christmas break, but I got to see my amazing family and they took my mind off of what houses were going to ask me back. I was really nervous because I am a sophomore transfer *gasp* and I have heard MANY times how impossible it is to rush as a sophomore. When we came back on the 7th, I was so nervous I can't even explain to you how much my stomach was turning. In the morning before 14 party, we met with our rho gams to get our list of the houses back and go on our way rushing for the day. When mine called me to the back room, I kept telling myself that I was a sophomore and it was normal to get 3 or 4 houses back.

My rho gam was smiling at me weird and then just grabbed me in a hug and I was all "this means I got invited back somewhere right", she starting cracking up and gave me my list................................

13 houses back!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL of my top choices!!!!! I almost died. I jumped. I wooted. It was amazing. ESPECIALLY because I didn't expect it.

Juicy Couture!
Chanel!
Neiman!
Burberry!
Choo!
True religion!
BcBG!
Dior!
Gucci! (they clearly like clumsy girls!!!!!)
Bobbi Brown!
MAC!
Macy!
Guess!
LOL.....continue...
Old 01-27-2010, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So I woke up the morning for 8 party...I wore this cute black lace pencil skirt and black patent leather pumps. I looked pretty business cas. if I do say so myself. My rho gam came to my room with my 8 party list. I was feeling much more confident this time...thinking that I for sure felt a connection with almost all of them...hoping I did at least.. ............... So i looked at my list and it read.............................................. .................................................. ...........................

1. juicy couture
2. chanel
3. true religion
4. dior
5. bobbi
6. gucci
7. choo
8. bcbg

I remember my rho gam grabbed me and we did a dance in my dorm room. She said she was so happy she cried when she got my list. She called me her 'super sophomore" aw. Anyways, my day was made. I called my mom hysterically screaming things like THEY LIKED ME OMG MOM I LOVEYOYYYYOMG. I loved life. that morning was the greatest feeling ever.
I'm going to Walgreens...I truly hope this story is done when I return... lol
Old 01-27-2010, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

keep going! i'm intrigued
Old 01-27-2010, 06:12 PM

This is hands down the most hyper rush thread ever. But I totally mean that in a good way. It's a refreshing change from the "I always wanted to be in a sorority, but I was so shy and blah blah afterschool special blah blah" threads.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
This is hands down the most hyper rush thread ever. But I totally mean that in a good way. It's a refreshing change from the "I always wanted to be in a sorority, but I was so shy and blah blah afterschool special blah blah" threads.
I agree. I was getting really bored with the recruitment threads. This is at least entertaining
Old 01-27-2010, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Agreed as well. I like this thread - Quick and to the point, yet entertaining.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I love the stories that start and end in one day. My attention span only lasts so long, after all! And the change in pace energy-wise is nice... almost like being in college again.

Now bring on the Prefs! Although I'm pretty sure you didn't go True Religion because of a couple of comments ("True religion!- hell yes! love these girls still to this day" and "will always think fondly of this house for the rest of my life"), but you never know...
Old 01-27-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
I like. It has no:

*ridiculous fake twists and turns that couldn't possibly be real (i.e. pledging, depledging, changing schools, then rushing again).

*fakey characters like "that PNM who called you an evil whore to your face yet you just met her yesterday."

*ridiculous overly-detailed descriptions that couldn't possibly be real (e. g. you rushed 20 years ago, yet you can remember to a tee the EXACT convos and outfits of every girl at every chapter you visited--and you went to a school with 20 chapters). Riiiight.

*attention-whoring questions like "do you guys want to hear my story????"

Applause for realness.

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The interwebs. I understand it's a "series of tubes."
33girl, I laughed aloud at the computer at your post. I so agree. It's nice for people to "come out of their shell" and enjoy recruitment, but it's also nice for a transfer to be pumped and shine in FR, especially at IU.
Can't wait to hear the rest of your story, hoosierr

TEII
Old 01-27-2010, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm enjoying that this thread doesn't have eighteen pages of "I'M ROOTING FOR SUNSHINE FLOWER SHINY SMILES HOUSE" or "COME BAAAAAAAACK AND UPDAAAAAATE".

This is also a fabulous rush for a IU sophomore. After you finish your story do you think you could share how you made your rush so successful? Or perhaps what you think made you stand out in a large number of PNMs in such a positive way?
Old 01-27-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaPhi88 View Post
I'm enjoying that this thread doesn't have eighteen pages of "I'M ROOTING FOR SUNSHINE FLOWER SHINY SMILES HOUSE" or "COME BAAAAAAAACK AND UPDAAAAAATE".
This is quite possibly more annoying than the annoying fake novel threads themselves.

Lakers Nation.