GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,454
1 members and 1,453 guests
Cookiez17

Old 10-31-2006, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Haven't heard from my big since she graduated in 1994.

I'm still close to one of my littles - she just had a baby on Wednesday!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-08-2006, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
I keep in contact with both my Big and Little. More my Little because she only lives about 45min away from me. I keep in contact with my Big by Facebook or email. My Big just recently wrote a letter of recommendation for a scholarship.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Old 11-08-2006, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I talk to my big and my 2nd little all the time. They both live within 5 minutes of me so we see each other pretty often.

I am cool with my 1st little and attended her wedding last June. We see each other at birthdays and other occasions but we don't talk on the phone much.

I actually didn't meet my grandbig until a couple of years after I got in but we have actually have gone out a bunch times with groups of sisters and she is really fun.

I like all my grandlittles but I only really keep in touch with one.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

My Big & I exchange cards.

Little #2 and I are still extremely close!

Little #3 and I aren't close at all.

Little #1 was depledged!

When I was a senior, I was an orphan, and didn't think it was fair to take yet another little. So, I was adopted by another family - we actually have reunions!!
Old 11-13-2006, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TKEmanKM Send a message via Yahoo to TKEmanKM
I keep in touch with the "High Lord of my House" (Big). I also keep in touch with my little who has political aspirations, We live apart from each other now, but we are the best of friends still.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

My little and I talk on the phone at least once a month. I still talk weekly to one of the other women who also had a "big" type role for me before initiation. I don't talk to my bigs very often though. It's been a few years.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I just saw my little and grandlittle at homecoming. We had dinner and caught up after the grandlittle's year of study abroad. I may see my big over Thanksgiving weekend.
Kappa Alpha Theta "The Fraternity was always second in my mind to coeducation. It was organized to help the girls win out in their fight to stay in college on a man's campus. We had to make a place for women in a man's world, and the Fraternity was one means to that bigger end." -Bettie Locke Hamilton
Old 11-15-2006, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

My Big Sister is still, to this day, my Best Friend.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Post bigs and littles

i am a sister of delta chi fraterity, i haven't been in touch since i left school in 84, (mainly because we have been traveling with the military. )now that i am back home i really miss my brothers and sisters. if you are out there, contact me, i need my family really bad these days, thoughout the years i have seen many of you but somehow we never manage to stay in touch. i'm sure that is due to life in general. time seems to getaway from us even when we try not too.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

It's been over a year since I've seen or talked to my big. She only lives about 2 hrs away, but I don't have a car and she's busy with family now.

I had 3 littles, but one disaffiliated pretty quick, and the other 2 went alum before I even graduated. I heard from one (my first) of them back in Spring, but we don't keep in touch regularly. Obviously, I never had any grandlittles.

I keep in better touch with my grand-big (i.e. big's big) and went out west with another close sister to visit her in Calgary this past summer. My best friend is a sister who was in the same new member class as me I'm also fairly close with the woman who was MOC (I guess some call that 'pledge mom').

My chapter is having its 25th anniversary in 2 weeks, so hopefully I'll get in touch again with a few more sisters.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:11 AM
GreekChat Member

I haven't talked to my big since she graduated (which also happens to be the year I was initiated) but my little and I keep in touch through livejournal. We also occasionally talk on the phone but have really different schedules. Little was also a bridesmaid in my wedding.

War Eagle
Old 12-08-2006, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I keep in touch with my Big via MySpace, but it's hard to keep track of my Little since she's a musician and teacher. I'm still in contact with a number of brothers from my chapter, thanks to my sister & brother-in-law. Been to lots of weddings and assorted gatherings, and I got to spend an hour on the phone to my sister's Little - in Arizona! I keep telling him he's got to stop referring to me as "Uncle Reen" - it confuses his daughter
Old 02-24-2007, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
I don't talk to my little at all, her choice, not mine.
I speak to my grand little once every few months or so usually.
As for my big....I see her and talk to her pretty often.
My grand big I don't talk to that often, nor do I see her that often, but I love hanging out with her.
I'm close with my great grand big.
I used to be super close with my great great grand big, and although that has cooled, I still love her.
I have met my great great great great grand big (totally by accident @ Uno's one night with my pledge sister) and great great great grand big as well.
I am super close with my pledge sister and her first little (also one of my babies, cus I was her NME).

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 02-26-2007, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Most definitely! Even though I live 7 hours from my WHOLE LINE we all keep in touch. Facebook and MySpace have done miracles for communication. And it's a long standing tradition for all of us to have lunch when I go back to my alma mater. I know it's easier with a smaller line, but if you impress upon the new guys the importance of staying in touch line-wise the tradition will never be lost. The lunch is one of my favorite activities when I visit.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
I have two littles, and they are both active right now- i graduated in May.
little #1- she's president (took over my pres spot) - we aren't that close but i was more mothering to her- i always took care of her- so she knows i'm there if she needs me
little #2- we're closer now than when she pledged... she's treasurer in line for pres next semester (its a thing in my line to take on eboard positions.... i guess i set the precedent)

little #1- g.lil- she's house president ... we're pretty close
little#1- great grand little- she just got in this semester- super sweet girl- we're pretty close

little #2 g.lil- We're really really close- she's in line for social next semester (another one of my prior positions) we talk pretty much everyday online while i'm at work

my big also took another little after me and she's got two daughters and grandlittles- and i'm close with them too. mostly i stay in touch through facebook and myspace and when i come up- its a big deal

my family line is the biggest in my sorority b/c my great grand big had 3 daughters (we use mothers/daughters and big/little interchangeably but m/d is our official title) so i'm an aunt and great aunt to a lot of the new girls

I was visiting when the girls got in... and it made me so proud! i started crying and everyone was like whats wrong?! i was like- this is what i worked so hard for!