GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,393
4 members and 1,389 guests
flamboyanttree, Kevin, Xidelt

Old 10-01-2002, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Wierd things that happen around your house

Ok maybe its just me but living in the country, we get the freaks out here and the strange events.

So the question is what wierd or strange has happend at your house, by your house, etc?

I have like 10 stories. I guess its because I live on farm in the boon docks.

1st story: I was like 5 when this happend. Well there was a homeless man who lived in the cornfield across the road from my house. Well the homeless guy would goto the neighbors house at night and knock on the windows, throw pebbles at the windows, and look through the windows. How they found out was the daughter was going to the bathroom and saw the man staring through the window. (OK that would totally freak me out). So a few days later the sheriffs set out this big sting to catch the man in the act. They caught him. A little fact after that. The guy was living off of raw corn in the corn field and made a nest in the corn field.

Story 2: The neighbors posing as sheriff dept. Yeah they were mean (they shot my dog, fortunatly she lived). Well anyways they were shooting off semi-automatic or fully-automatic high power guns around 5pm. Well around 10pm the phone rang and I picked it up and the guy said Hi this is the _____ County Sheriff Dept, did you hear gunfire around 9 pm. I was like hold on let me get my dad. So the person talked to may dad, and kept repeating the question, then said we;ll be sending a detective to your house to take a statement. So we thought that was wierd so we called the real sheriff dept and ask if they had a deputy by that name, and NO they didn't. So the real sheriff dept said they would be down to get a report. Yeah so they did.

Story 3: The drug lab bust down the street twice.

#4. Yeah the high speed chase with the red sports car and 5-7 cop cars chasing the car with a helicopter with the spotlight at like 3am. They were doing 90 down a dirt road.

#5. The dead body found in the pump house dowen the road with the arms cut off.

#6. The drunk couple who flipped their car into a drainage ditch and came to my house.

#7. I know how to dust for finger prints now. There's a story to go along with that statement.

#8. OK basically my sister caught people stealing hay from our neighbors at like 2am and called the cops, the cops caught the truck with the hay. Why were they stealing the hay was for the stolen horse they stole. And that inturn lead to investigation which lead to turning up a crime ring.

OK I think i have more but i can't seem to remember them right now. Sorry for the long post.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-01-2002, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I live in the sticks, too, so I can sympathize! My favorite story is the time my family came back from vacation to find our back yard filled with cows...they were everywhere...even on the brand-new deck my dad had built around the pool! Let me tell you, it took a good amount of scrubbing to get the cow patties off the deck! Turns out, the cows belong to our neighbor, who refused to take any responsibility when my dad told him that the cows had messed up our deck AND our chain-link fence (they had crawled under it...don't ask me how). And do you know what the neighbor said? "You should have known your fence wouldn't keep out my cows." Meanie.

*edited to add* Then one time, my parents came home to find a little pygmy billy goat running around the yard! It scared my sister to death because she thought it was a dog at first, but then it went flying past her and she got a good look at it. It was a really cute little thing and it had a collar on, but we couldn't figure out who it belonged to. We had a heck of a time catching it...don't tell my parents, but I accidentally let it in the house trying to catch it and it kept butting at the sliding glass door...I don't know how I would have explained THAT one if the door had broken BUT I finally got it back outside and made sure there were no little hoof-prints on the carpet.

Last edited by AchtungBaby80; 10-01-2002 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:53 PM

The body is the pump house story freaks me out! SO CREEPY.....
Did the police catch or figure out who committed that murder??

The extent of my exciting story is seeing a bear in our yard once (we don't live in the boonies, but we are close to a mountainous area).
Old 10-01-2002, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Like less than a month after I'd moved into my ground level apartment, I started opening the window a crack in my room at night. My bed was right underneath it.
Well one evening it was late: about 1 am, and I had JUST laid my head down on the pillow when I heard...and I kid you not...little children giggles, followed by the neighbor above me abruptly walking from his bedroom to his sliding glass door and opening and shutting it.

Now I know what you're thinking...it was kids above me...but the fact is, the guy that lives above me is my age, no kids, not even a girlfriend. It's happened twice now. Kinda spooky. I even look out my window immediately to see if someone is there, but no one is.

Hootie