GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,498
1 members and 2,497 guests
navane

Old 08-14-2017, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quota was 68 last year including upperclassmen. Barring a natural disaster that kept most of campus home I cannot imagine why it would drop that low.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-14-2017, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

That seemed abnormal to me too and I asked my friend (one of my sorority sisters and her daughter is going through). What she had heard was that when the 'big' houses did major cuts a lot of girls dropped. With RFM that seems odd. Maybe someone who is an advisor or is connected to UGA Panhel can clear this up. My friend's daughter is still in it even though she 'suicided' but never got a call from her rush guide. So I'm assuming she's gotten her first choice though Bid Night isn't until 6pm.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

17 sounds crazy with 1700 plus girls going through. It has been a brutal week for these girls.. we have been supporting our daughter who is an OOS Freshman. Cuts were bad everyday! She suicided and no call yet!
Old 08-14-2017, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Not 17, 75! That was my autocorrect, I guess. Sorry.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Word I am hearing is 66 primary (freshman) 9 upperclass quota=75.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
Word I am hearing is 66 primary (freshman) 9 upperclass quota=75.
Sounds right to me. Per our Corp. Board, we took 81. A great start for a great year!!

Old 08-14-2017, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Gam has 77 beautiful new sisters!
Old 08-14-2017, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Of 1700 plus women who began recruitment, only 315 women dropped out, and the fact that Alpha Phi is colonizing in one week probably increased that number over years when a new group is not coming on. Most houses took quota additions.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Delta Gamma - 75!
Old 08-15-2017, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

WeaverD, I hope your girl found her people at UGA. Please let us know.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
WeaverD, I hope your girl found her people at UGA. Please let us know.
Thanks FSUZeta. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for my daughter. She ultimately withdrew the morning of pref. I wholeheartedly agree that all the sororities are great and she should be lucky and honored to received a bid from any of them (I lectured her on that fact all week), but with the stress of recruitment, having to deal with a hostile roommate situation the whole week, and lack of sleep having to stay in various friends rooms, Sunday morning was just not what she was expecting. Her Gamma Chi and I earnestly tried to get her to attend pref, but emotionally, she was just done. She loved most of the sororities and had a really hard time making her choices each day. I encouraged her to consult with her Gamma Chi and talk out her thinking process. From some of our discussions, her decisions were not based on particular people or interactions with members, she really enjoyed every party she attended. She says she had great conversations at all the houses. She had plenty of parties to attend each day, so it made the ranking so much harder. She withdrew with interest in COB, but with the high quota this year and chapter sizes way over total, I'm not sure COB will be an option for her this year, but you never know. I know she spoke with the Alpha Phi representatives Sunday morning, but not sure what she wants to do. She is still positive about the whole recruitment experience. She still desires to be Greek but she also knows that may be a pipe dream because she withdrew and didn't give her pref choices a chance and going thru recruitment as an upperclassman provides more challenges. Only time will tell.

I appreciate all the advice and support from this group, Eventually, my daughter was able to get recommendations from all but one chapter, and in many cases multiple from several chapters. Even one of the members of this group was gracious enough to write her one. I believe that did get her farther along in the process and gave her the opportunity for her number of parties each round. I wish it had turned out a different way, but a decision my daughter knows that she is responsible for 100% and has to live with this year.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

At this point, I know of more girls who dropped out than pledged at UGa this year.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhiMuAlum Send a message via Yahoo to PhiMuAlum
I was told Quota was 66 primary (freshman) 9 upperclass quota=75.
I saw you were a DPhiE at UGA. A young lady I absolutely LOVE accepted a Bid last night from DPhiE. Your Chapter got a REALLY great girl.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

I had five rec girls at UGA this year. Two went KD, one went ZTA, and one went DDD. I don't know about the other one, but hope to hear good news today.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiMuAlum View Post
I was told Quota was 66 primary (freshman) 9 upperclass quota=75.
I saw you were a DPhiE at UGA. A young lady I absolutely LOVE accepted a Bid last night from DPhiE. Your Chapter got a REALLY great girl.
Hooray! I'm so excited for her and the chapter!!