GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,376
0 members and 2,376 guests
No Members online

Old 01-06-2009, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Yeah, my bad, didn't read the article.

Maybe Queen Latifah?
nah...come back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Your post is evidence that she's opening herself up to scrutiny. Not love.

But of course...I mean even hearing her on the raido this morning, she had 4 dates lined up this week and booked next week and so on, so the question and a few others are going to be asked...as a matter of fact, let's ask this one...with what she is doing (without Flava Flav and ABC's help) how does she plan on cultivating and sustaining a natural relationship if she has 'so many men' and so little time in between all the dating that's going on?

Now...on the flipside...to all Black women everywhere...if this (average looking) woman can get 4 dates in a week and be booked solid til God knows when, us Black men don't wanna hear shyt about there is "a shortage of Black men." LOL
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”

Last edited by DaemonSeid; 01-06-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
Now...on the flipside...to all Black women everywhere...if this (average looking) woman can get 4 dates in a week and be booked solid til God knows when, us Black men don't wanna hear shyt about there is "a shortage of Black men." LOL

Save this shit for another time.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
I feel like this would work if she were prettier.
The NY Daily News photo is much cuter than any of the website photos, but sheesh. Not cute. And desperate.

Why are there so many desperate-ass black women out there airing their dirty laundry? Makes the rest of us look bad...
Old 01-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
Why are there so many desperate-ass black women out there airing their dirty laundry? Makes the rest of us look bad...
Where?

And none of this is salient enough to make black women look bad.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

In my experience people tend to find someone when they're not looking. Happened for me, happened for my brother, and 98% of my married friends.

In fact, most of my single friends who ARE looking haven't been in a relationship since they started looking.

I hope she finds him, though. Everyone likes a happy ending.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphagamzetagam View Post
In my experience people tend to find someone when they're not looking. Happened for me, happened for my brother, and 98% of my married friends.

In fact, most of my single friends who ARE looking haven't been in a relationship since they started looking.
Exactly what I was thinking.

@~/~~~~
Old 01-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
It happened for me.

I wasn't in the mindset for a relationship and HE found me at the least likely venue. LOL

Made me put my pimp cup down.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Right. I was coming out of a relationship and the last thing I wanted was another relationship. My brother did not intend to meet and fall in love with one of my roommates (and get married and have a baby on the way).

But, I do understand that the older you get, the chances of that type of hook up happening get smaller. Especially when you add criteria to the relationship.

I'm not saying that wanting someone who shares Christian ideals is wrong (it certainly isn't!), but by adding "should haves" to the equation you limit your dating pool significantly.

My dad's having a hell of a time finding someone to be in a relationship with. There was a woman he was friends with that he wanted to date but they did not want to date him (when a woman has been single for almost 50 years, you have to think there's a reason. Not that she's a lesbian necessarily, but maybe she enjoys keeping her own company or her life is too full already to add a serious relationship) or there have been women that want to date him but he does not want to date them. A friend of his really wants to be in a relationship with him (and she has told him several times), but she's 10 years older than him and he doesn't want to go through losing a wife again.

Of course, I think dad jinxes it by putting too much pressure on marriage, as well. Of course, when I suggested maybe he could be neighbors to a woman he dates (he is looking to move) or they could live together, he acted like I told him that he should sleep with every single skirt in town.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Exactly what I was thinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
It happened for me.

I wasn't in the mindset for a relationship and HE found me at the least likely venue. LOL

Made me put my pimp cup down.
Happened like that for me as well.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Poot on all of you.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

$5 bucks the same dating site hopping greekchatters (I won't mention any names lol) will be on that dating site too.

ETA: I just read that she's 42 and she still hasn't found a guy?....Oh dear God!
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 01-06-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
$5 bucks the same dating site hopping greekchatters (I won't mention any names lol) will be on that dating site too.

ETA: I just read that she's 42 and she still hasn't found a guy?....Oh dear God!
Im sorry did you say www.craigslist.com?
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 01-06-2009, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
If it makes you feel any better (or assuages any fears, real or perceived), I would choke a kid to have more desperate black women in my area.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC View Post
If it makes you feel any better (or assuages any fears, real or perceived), I would choke a kid to have more desperate black women in my area.
I almost choked on my Sprite...thanks!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:

True. I also find that when you put timelines on something (such as "by the end of the year I want to have a bf/be engaged"), you're more likely to rush into a relationship that may not be right for you, and end up with someone just for the sake of being engaged/married. Who wants that?

Lakers Nation.