GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,127
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, asamathattso539
» Online Users: 1,349
1 members and 1,348 guests
asamathattso539

Old 09-29-2016, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug12 View Post
Some chapters I worked with used "pairs". A chapter member (Sue) would be paired with another sister (Debbie) all day. They both bring in PNMs. At some point during the party, Sue tells her PNM "I want you to meet my little sister Debbie" and takes her across the room to Debbie and her PNM. They meet and Debbie introduces her PNM to Sue, saying "Sue is going to show you our brag board". Sue then takes PNM #2 over to the brag board (scapbook, whatever). You can still use the president, membership directors, and floaters to mix and mingle during the party.

I have seen this done as well. And given the short amount of time that's available, this might be the best idea.

It helps to have something to focus on that the other person is showing/doing. Ladybug12 mentions a brag board, which I'm assuming is similar to what's used for tabling.

How I have seen it done is during Philanthropy round where one half of the party does the craft and the other half of the party watches a video (then chats). At some point there's a signal given to switch (or people are excused by floaters) and the sisters in the craft area get up with their PNM, find their partner, exchange PNMs, and do the 2nd half of the party with the new PNM back in the craft area.

If you don't have something to show off, it's a little trickier, but still doable.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:13 PM

Moving sisters and PNMs around the room can be tricky when it's tight quarters. If the cap is 75 I'm thinking it's the size of a small classroom or large conference room. Add in tables for stuff and it gets to be loud, hot, and uncomfortably close to everyone else.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:50 AM
GreekChat Member

It could certainly call for a change in the way they decorate. Just need to be creative!
Old 09-30-2016, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to double rush some of the girls at each party. 1 double rush per bump group. Then the bump groups can proceed as normal. When your reasoning is fire code they shouldn't be turned off.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

also called mingling. 2 actives and 2 PNM's "mingle" You meet make introductions and then swap the PNM. It can be done but there are some pitfalls. One big one is the actives chit chat to long and leave the PNM out. That is your only real option based on the numbers and beats double recruiting in my opinion.