GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,280
0 members and 1,280 guests
No Members online

Old 10-01-2014, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Rushing at UC DAVIS/Rushing in General

I am going to rush as a senior and I could use some tips. Should I bring friends who want to rush to rush events? If I can't find anyone should I still go? Do I have to go to every rush event because if I check out multiple fraternities then this will not be possible?
Old 10-01-2014, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew23 View Post
I am going to rush as a senior and I could use some tips. Should I bring friends who want to rush to rush events? If I can't find anyone should I still go? Do I have to go to every rush event because if I check out multiple fraternities then this will not be possible?
I don't want this to sound harsh, but you're a senior. If you're afraid to go to social events on your own, you may have some trouble in the real world.

Forget about what your friends want to do, and instead, focus on what you truly want. Feel free to tell your friends that you're going to attend a rush event, and if they want to join you, that's great. If they don't, that's great too. Go on your own.

Fraternity rush is much different than it is for the sororities. Unless you attend one of the few schools with formal fraternity recruitment, then you can go to as many rush parties as you want, for as many fraternities as you want, and you aren't required to go to all of them.

However, I would generally recommend that you find a few fraternities that you're interested in, befriend the brothers ahead of time if possible, and attend as many of each of their events as possible.

Good luck!

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 10-01-2014 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the feedback! I actually am not afraid to go to the socials on my own. I was just curious to see what most people do. Will it be weird to rush as a senior? I'm just going to try and find the best fit that I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
I don't want this to sound harsh, but you're a senior. If you're afraid to go to social events on your own, you may have some trouble in the real world.

Forget about what your friends want to do, and instead, focus on what you truly want. Feel free to tell your friends that you're going to attend a rush event, and if they want to join you, that's great. If they don't, that's great too. Go on your own.

Fraternity rush is much different than it is for the sororities. Unless you attend one of the few schools with formal fraternity recruitment, then you can go to as many rush parties as you want, for as many fraternities as you want, and you aren't required to go to all of them.

However, I would generally recommend that you find a few fraternities that you're interested in, befriend the brothers ahead of time if possible, and attend as many of each of their events as possible.

Good luck!
Old 10-02-2014, 02:42 PM

Do not bring friends to rush events because it's possible they'll hate your friend and not give u a bid because of it or vice versa.

As to whether it'll be odd to rush as a senior, that question is best answered by people who know that particular UC.