GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,535
0 members and 2,535 guests
No Members online

Old 09-15-2001, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink Alumnae Initiation for Kappa Delta

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know if Kappa Delta has an alumnae initiation program for individual members? Any information would be
greatly appreciated. Thank-you!

Sincerely,
julie
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-15-2001, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
On another thread, a KD member said that KD does not offer a "general" alumnae initiation program. The members they accept at this level are those alumnae members of an absorbed local or perhaps a woman who has worked closely with a colony. If you have a special case such as being a pledged member who was not initiated, go ahead and contact headquarters. They will definitely be able to point you in the right direction.

For information on other groups, look at this thread – I’m 30 and want to go Greek http://www.greekchat.net/gcforums/sh...&threadid=2526

One of the groups Theta Phi Alpha is listed with a “?”. They do offer alumnae initiation but again under certain circumstances.

To contact these organizations, you can find information at www.npcwomen.org.

Good luck.
Old 09-15-2001, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

While not a member of a Soroity, I can only speak for My Fraternity!

If there is an Individual who finds what he likes and works with us in a advising, donating, and overall caring for out Froternity we have the choice of submitting to the International and the reasons why they should be inducted in the Bond of the Brothers.

In the 36 years of my chapter there have been only 5 given an honory status and inductred into the full Brotherhood!
We do not take it lightly as we have each put ourselves to the test as so each Brother!

We all wish to bring into our fold another member to have what we have.
My best freind was one WHO I wanted in very badly, and told him you have to be willing to go above and beyond to be inducted. He did not because of restraints and time, but is still my best freind to this day.
Take not lightly who your Brother or Sister is!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 09-15-2001, 04:39 PM

AOpirose is correct, I am not sure about your circumstances but you can always contact kd nationals with questions
Old 09-15-2001, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks!

Thanks for the answear's everyone. Much appreciated.

julie
Old 09-15-2001, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Although I am glad to hear you are intrested in Kappa Delta I am sorry to say that we do not have an alumnae initiation program as many other NPC groups.

There are times where we do have certain bending of rules, but it is few and far between.

If you would like more information please call our HQ 1/800/536/1897 or try our websitre, you could email a HQ staff member! www.kappadelta.org

Good Luck!
Old 09-16-2001, 12:46 PM

I wrote to Kappa Delta once about this very thing, and this is the official response:

I am the National Vice President - Alumnae for Kappa Delta Sorority and your request for information regarding alumnae initiation was forwarded to me for a reply. We do not have a specific alumnae initiate program although we do, under specific circumstances alumnae initate women. Normally these women are working with one of our college chapters as perhaps a facullty advisor or have had contact with an alumnae association who then nominates them for alumnae initiation.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me by Email directly.

Terry Margolis
National Vice President - Alumnae
Kappa Delta Sorority
margolis@ic.net