GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,056
2 members and 1,054 guests
indygphib, Sarak24034

Old 12-01-2019, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Finding greek letters somewhere you didn't expect...in an old newspaper photo of a football crowd at an Alabama/LSU football game, a young lady was wearing identifiable Kappa Delta greek letters.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
I forget (and can't find) who originally posted this, but if that person is here, OR has the original photo, I would really love a copy! Please, please let me know! For reference my post is #1484 in this thread. Thanks in advance!
Too funny!
Old 12-01-2019, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
If you right-click on the "kitten picture" and select "view image" (on a Mac at least), it takes me to your original PhotoBucket site, but still only shows the kitten. In the URL bar, it shows that the photo file was called, "ADPi_in_Iraq.jpg". I then went to Google and searched for "ADPi_in_Iraq.jpg".

You're welcome.

Oh this is amazing! Imagine there being people wearing greek shirts and such in other countries if they were donated.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 12-01-2019, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Last winter, I was sorting donations a women's shelter would use for domestic violence victims, and the rest went to their thrift store. Someone donated letters (Delta Zeta). I don't think any of them made it into circulation (poor condition, dates on event t-shirts).
Old 12-23-2019, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I remember we had an advisor tell use to remove the stitched letters before donating. You never know where they might wind up. LOL
Old 12-23-2019, 11:49 PM

^ Sweatshirts will survive removal of stitched letters. T-shirts, not so much. My big from my local gave me a sweatshirt with the local's letters, and, when we became a chapter of AEPhi, I had the letters changed. I don't think the stitched-letter T-shirts would have survived the process.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Saw a Zeta Phi Beta car tag frame on a car stopped next to me at a traffic light today.
Old 12-26-2019, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post
Last winter, I was sorting donations a women's shelter would use for domestic violence victims, and the rest went to their thrift store. Someone donated letters (Delta Zeta). I don't think any of them made it into circulation (poor condition, dates on event t-shirts).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolene View Post
I remember we had an advisor tell use to remove the stitched letters before donating. You never know where they might wind up. LOL
How does an advisor recommend greek letter removal from glassware one donates to thrifts? Just for fun (after holiday shopping was over) I looked around in a few thrifts and noticed donated, for resale, greek letter glassware from at least seven different orgs.

And as for finding "greek letters" where one would not expect them: my teenage nephew asked for crazy fun socks for Xmas and received a medium blue pair covered with multiple yellow triangles, which brought Delta Delta Delta to mind (even thought they use gold, not yellow). I told him to save them for a future college girlfriend, just incase, but the school he's thinking of attending doesn't currently have a 3D chapter.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

In my Jewish Studies class: a KKG and a person in a group I'm not familiar with (forgot the name)
Old 01-23-2020, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

So I got a few

-was in NYC going to a soup kitchen and saw a couple. One had an AKA shirt on and the guy had a Kappa Alpha Psi shirt

-was working at the register at the clothing store I work at and a lady was wearing an AKA conference shirt

-was in NYC and saw a girl walk by wearing a Kappa shirt

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 03-23-2020, 09:24 AM
GreekChat Member

On last week's episode of This is Us....

(spoilers below if you're not caught up)

Randall went through some imagined scenarios about how his life would have been different if Jack hadn't died after the fire. In one of the scenarios, Randall went to Howard U (instead of staying close to home at Carnegie Mellon) and he joined Omega Psi Phi. There was a scene of him and some other Omega brothers doing a step show for some schoolchildren.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

A woman wearing a Delta Sigma Theta sweater in 'Becoming', Michelle Obama's documentary (on Netflix) based on her memoir of the same name.

@~/~~~~
Old 05-24-2020, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

In our condo building, I've met an Alpha Phi Alpha and a Kappa Sigma, both alumni. I still seem to be the only sorority representative - or at least, one who wears letters.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

A "Home From College" lawn display featuring 2 seated, giant stuffed bears. One bear wore an ADPI shirt, the other a Sigma Pi shirt. I've also seen Alpha Phi Alpha letters/colors on tv as worn by neighborhood community pandemic volunteers.
ETA: I also drove past a small gathering of Alpha Phi's taking grad day photos on-campus. They were posing while performing their org's upright ivyhands gesture, standing as socially distant as possible.

Last edited by Cheerio; 05-25-2020 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Saw a beautiful woman on tv tonight with an AKA umbrella. She was speaking about the horrible child killings going on in Chicago's Southside.