GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2011, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up University of Texas daughter's '11 recruitment

Yes, we're still 3 1/2 weeks away from the first day of Rush (Aug. 17), but I decided to go ahead and put up the code I'll be using. When the time comes, I'll go almost-live -- aka, 1-2 days late rather than same-day posting -- so that I can protect her identity.

At UT, the first evening is convocation/orientation, then a full day to visit all 13 groups (one of the 14 doesn't participate in formal recruitment, in part because they don't have a house). The next two days are philanthropy (up to 10 houses), then skit day (up to 6), then pref (up to 2). Bid Day is Aug. 23, the day before school starts.

I chose a code based on one of the best parts of being a Texan -- the food! There are 14 NPC sororities at UT, and here's how I will be referring to them:

Fajitas
Iced tea
BBQ brisket
Chicken-fried steak
Blue Bell ice cream
Fried okra
Shiner beer
Breakfast taco
Pecos cantaloupe
Fried catfish
Texas sheet cake
Fletcher's corn dog at the State Fair
Chili
Dr. Pepper

I guess it doesn't make sense to include the one that doesn't participate in FR, but I couldn't pick which awesome food to cut from the code You can see where my priorities are...
The GLOs there, in no order related to the cose, are:
SDT
KKG
APhi
DDD
DG
AXD
KAT
AEPhi
AXO
KD
ZTA
XO
PBPhi
ADPi

So, I'll be back in a few weeks. In the meantime, good luck to everyone preparing for recruitment