GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Tau > Tau Kappa Epsilon

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,589
3 members and 1,586 guests
Sarak24034

Old 12-02-2006, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool University of Alabama

Anybody know anything about a group re-starting the old Omicron Xi chapter at the University of Alabama??
Old 12-03-2006, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CrusaderTKE
No did not hear that but that wouldnt be a bad thing restarting that chapter
Old 12-04-2006, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to USCTKE
the TKE website list two expansion projects that were to take place this fall (Iowa and Oklahoma State) and one for the Spring of 07 (UNC)...I havent heard anything about Bama...but I have a few friends that go to school down there and I will ask them the next time I talk to them.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to IY638TKE
University of Alabama TKE

I'm a Teke from the University of West Alabama (Iota Upsilon #638), and go to the University of Alabama. Currently there is a group on campus that is seriously being looked at by nationals as an interest group. These guys have gained some good momentium and are currently sitting at around 60 guys. They are supposed to go before the IFC in the coming months in order to request permission to colonize here at the University. If they are approved, then from what we are hearing nationals has agreed to come and colonize and hopefully move towards chartering as soon as possible.

YITB,
Matthew
IY638

Last edited by IY638TKE; 12-26-2006 at 04:41 AM.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by IY638TKE View Post
I'm a Teke from the University of West Alabama (Iota Upsilon #638), and go to the University of Alabama. Currently there is a group on campus that is seriously being looked at by nationals as an interest group. These guys have gained some good momentium and are currently sitting at around 60 guys. They are supposed to go before the IFC in the coming months in order to request permission to colonize here at the University. If they are approved, then from what we are hearing nationals has agreed to come and colonize and hopefully move towards chartering as soon as possible. YITB, Matthew IY638
Hurrah, somebody who knows something! Thanks very much, Matthew! I understand the university requires them to have a minimum number of members and they are working toward that. Husband attended the reorganization meeting of the chapter alumnae organization in early December. Crossing fingers and saying a prayer...
Old 12-28-2006, 04:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to IY638TKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
Hurrah, somebody who knows something! Thanks very much, Matthew! I understand the university requires them to have a minimum number of members and they are working toward that. Husband attended the reorganization meeting of the chapter alumnae organization in early December. Crossing fingers and saying a prayer...
That's actually kind of interesting, I was at that meeting also here in Tuscaloosa. I guess it's a smaller world than I thought, even here online. Hope all is well.