GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 2,096
0 members and 2,096 guests
No Members online

Old 09-17-2002, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DU_KD_924
*Shy* Alums

OK, I'm a bit shy when it comes to meeting new people. I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks, and I think this is my second post. I'm even worse in real life. Especially when it comes to people I really want to get to know.

So that brings me to my issue. I moved from my chapter to Columbia, MO, where I went to ONE KD event. Then I moved to Tulsa OK, where, I've been to ONE KD event. I don't know what the deal is... is just can't get up the nerve to go to any events. What if the women don't think I'm "KD" enough?

Ugh... it's sooo frustrating knowing that things are going on all around me... I live 2 miles from the KD chapter house here, and I know there's a pretty active alum group.

Any suggestions from other shy sisters?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-17-2002, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
How KD is "KD enough"? They probably don't know either!
Old 09-18-2002, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KayDee422 Send a message via AIM to KayDee422
I totally relate. I live in the St. Louis area, and I know there is a big active AA group here. But I still haven't found the nerve to go to one yet.. And I've been here for 5 years..

I've never worried about being "KD enough".. I've got enough KD in me for several people. I guess I worry about whether or not I'll fit in. If they'll like me. But I'm like that with meeting any new people, KD or not. I'd definitely like to hear any suggestions with overcoming or dealing with shyness when it comes to meeting new people or getting the nerve to go to KD functions.
Old 09-18-2002, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Aww....girl! I am so with you! *hugs* Although I am not shy in the least, I feel very very uncomfortable asking people to hang out etc... Due to work, I have no social life. The little bit of social life I could get is demolished by the fact that I do not have a driver's license.

Right now, I am a part of the newly reformed Pittsburgh AA. My hesitation to get to know sisters from other chaptes definitely comes from maybe I'm not *KD* enough for them. Not that I do not have KD in my heart, but my chapter closed this past year. Sometimes I feel like people judge me by that and think that I'm somehow flawed or don't care or something. Who wants to be the kiss of death? hehe

Things will get better for you! Maybe get in contact with the close by alum group through e-mail. I always find that it's easier to connect with someone online before you do so in real life. Then you have already "felt the other person out" so to speak.

Alas....this post is getting too long. Quit reading my ramblings and get out there and show off your KD pride!!
Old 09-30-2002, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: *Shy* Alums

Quote:
Originally posted by DU_KD_924
OK, I'm a bit shy when it comes to meeting new people. I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks, and I think this is my second post. I'm even worse in real life. Especially when it comes to people I really want to get to know.

So that brings me to my issue. I moved from my chapter to Columbia, MO, where I went to ONE KD event. Then I moved to Tulsa OK, where, I've been to ONE KD event. I don't know what the deal is... is just can't get up the nerve to go to any events. What if the women don't think I'm "KD" enough?

Ugh... it's sooo frustrating knowing that things are going on all around me... I live 2 miles from the KD chapter house here, and I know there's a pretty active alum group.

Any suggestions from other shy sisters?
There are a lot of us formerly shy sisters (moi?!) who chat regularly online. And when we happen to find out another "KD Onliner" lives near us...well then, we're not so shy!

PM me or just sign up for our Yahoogroup (link is below)...and I'll be happy to introduce you to your cybersisters!!!
Old 11-13-2002, 03:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Of course you are KD enough!

First, I understand where you are coming from. It took me more than a year recieving AA information before I finally attended and I am not even a shy person. I am from a small chapter ( University of tulsa- I am sure some of my sisters are in your AA) and worried that I wouldn't " fit in " with the ladies from those big chapters. I drug a friend along with me to the first event ( she hasn't been back ) and am so glad I went. I am now VERY involved and can't belive I was nervous before. As the membership chair for my AA I want to let you know that we are so excited to have new members come and I try ( and I still need some work on this) to make each new member feel welcome. So I am sure that they would love to have you in the TULSA AA too! Something that might help is to attend smaller events first or to join a specific commitee . This way you have fewer people to meet and are more likely to make a connection. Also, sometimes I think it is easier to meet new people when you are actively doing something ( whether that be helping with rush, a philantropy project ,etc) than just a social meeting. Well, I am sorry I am was so long winded,but I hope I helped. You post actually helped me as well. I sometimes get frustrated when people request information about our AA and then never come. It made me realize that maybe they are just shy If you meet any Tulsa Alumnae let me know I might know them!
AOT
Casey
Old 11-14-2002, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Girls Girls Girls! We are all sisters here! If you are initiated you are KD ENOUGH!

This coming from an AA president that would love to see all alum joined up and coming to events!
Old 11-14-2002, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

WB Lexi!

Gee Lexi, it's good to see you back on GC! Where have you been???
Old 11-24-2002, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Girl, I've been at work about 12 hours a day and when I get home the last thing I want to do is try to read a thing or try to string words together to make a real thought!
I miss you guys too!
Old 12-03-2002, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DU_KD_924
Still haven't gotten up the nerve to go to anything... but I've been super busy as well.

Annie, I've been getting the newsletter for at least 4 years (I know I got it my last year in school), and I've been in the yahoogroup since it basically started (within a week). Again, I'm just very shy I think I've posted like 10 messages in the whole time I've been there.

Anybody else chat by aim much? I'm usually on in the mornings
Old 12-03-2002, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DU_KD_924

Annie, I've been getting the newsletter for at least 4 years (I know I got it my last year in school), and I've been in the yahoogroup since it basically started (within a week). Again, I'm just very shy I think I've posted like 10 messages in the whole time I've been there.

Anybody else chat by aim much? I'm usually on in the mornings

Well if you're a Grouper, then you know a LOT of us!!!

And as for AIM names, check out this thread: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...threadid=20283

AOT!
Old 12-04-2002, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KaylaKD
TUKDHOUSTON, I tried to send you a personal message but I'm not sure if it worked. My name is Kayla and I am at Texas A&M I just wanted to say hi let me know if you got the message I sent.

AOT, Kayla