GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,704
2 members and 1,702 guests
flamboyanttree, LaneSig

Old 08-27-2014, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Love these!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by HQWest View Post
I have a new one Transformania -
When a PNM has the sincere belief that because they want to be Greek and they want to go to a particular university, that the Greek system will change to become the kind of Greek system they want (build houses or become more open to upperclassmen) rather than they should use that as a reason to consider other schools
Oh, good one...and make me think of the fact that we don't have any on here about "bringing XYZ to my campus!" Someone get on that
Old 08-27-2014, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

The I Want It More Than Her Syndrome - When it's clear that the mother asking tons of recruitment questions has more interest in her daughter joining a sorority than the daughter does.

Will often morph into "how did this happen syndrome" where in the mother returns distraught demanding us to tell her what went wrong for her special snowflake.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:42 PM

Theory of Impending Awesomeness - The girl who wants to bring ABC to her campus because "my best friend is an ABC at Booboo U and they are all so awesome and nothing like sorority girls here", not realizing that just bringing a new sorority will not change the complexion of the student body; rather, the opposite is true.

Companion theory: Theory of Impending Hotness - The same only it's a guy saying "We need to get ABC because they are sooooo hot at Booboo U and nothing like the busted chicks here."
Old 08-28-2014, 12:57 AM

^^This also holds for the "I'm shy, awkward and have no female friends. I really think pledging will make me a hottie with tons of charisma." PNM.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Non-commutative property: The PNM who decides to pledge APO (or similar) because NPC recruitment didn't work out will be shocked and disappointed when they don't have formals, mixers, etc.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

The Rule of the Phoenix: The PNM who has a minimal GPA, no high school activities, and no volunteer work spends the summer prior to starting college becoming a very pretty young lady and feels that she can now reinvent herself by lying about her previous life. Should she be a good enough actress and gets a bid, her past will catch up to her and she will blame the sisters who cast her the side eye for being jealous of her.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

The PNM who insists that her high school was far more competitive than every other PNM's school... and she is coming from "a big city" and certainly they will understand and take this into consideration. Because everybody, everywhere knows how competitve this high school is.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners52674 View Post
The I Want It More Than Her Syndrome - When it's clear that the mother/father asking tons of recruitment questions has more interest in her / his daughter joining a sorority than the daughter does.

Will often morph into "how did this happen syndrome" where in the mother / father returns distraught demanding us to tell her / him what went wrong for her / his special snowflake.
Remember, we've had some wacky dads too.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Theory of Impending Awesomeness - The girl who wants to bring ABC to her campus because "my best friend is an ABC at Booboo U and they are all so awesome and nothing like sorority girls here", not realizing that just bringing a new sorority will not change the complexion of the student body; rather, the opposite is true.

Companion theory: Theory of Impending Hotness - The same only it's a guy saying "We need to get ABC because they are sooooo hot at Booboo U and nothing like the busted chicks here."
THIS^^^^

A male campus Greek Life Adviser (who shall remain nameless; he belongs to an IFC group) once informed members of our chapter's alum advisory council he was working earnestly to attract three of the 'top' NPC groups onto our campus. His explained theory: those three groups would pledge attractive, classy female students who were rushing but refusing to pledge our current NPC sororities.

We already knew through the Panhellenic grapevine the groups he desired were not, for many reasons, willing to come to our campus. Many attractive women WERE already pledging and initiating into our campus groups; quota tripled in five years. But it was fun watching him 'work the NPC' to try and get his favorite groups onto campus.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I just now read this thread. Thanks for a good laugh - it's been a crappy week.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Solipsism Rule: PNM's attending a school that shares an abbreviation with another school (e.g. U of A) will never bother to tell us which one.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Great posts! Ha ha ha ��
Old 08-05-2015, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNM20152019 View Post
Not sure it that's directed at me and my post a day or 2 ago, but I did "out" myself, or rather, my school. Wish there was a hog emoji ;-)
No, it's a common thing around here, and lots of times it's even more vague, like "ISU" or something.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Not sure if this thread is NPC specific, but ya'll have to have this happen as well:

Tunnel Vision Law: The PNM that MUST join one particular chapter because they became best friends with one of the girls at an admitted student event, doesn't want to look at any other sororities and complains vocally about it, ends up wanting to join another chapter at the end of the week.