GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,379
3 members and 1,376 guests
flamboyanttree, JayhawkAOII, lauralaylin

Old 03-03-2004, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Limiting my search? Please help!!

Hi all-

I'm thinking about pursuing AI, I'm still gathering info. This thread has been so helpful reading about all the different AI stories. I have a question for everyone. In a 50 mile radius from my town there are about 5 NPC sororities. Should I mainly concentrate my AI search with these sororities since a collegiate chapter is close by? Would a local alum chapter be open to AI if there are no collegiate chapters around? Also, I don't know any women in any of these sororities. Can that hurt my chances?

Like I said, I'm still pondering this whole AI idea. I appreciate any info you can give me!

Aolani

Last edited by aolani; 03-04-2004 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dakareng
I don't think you necessarily need to limit yourself to those 5 groups. There is a varying degree of involvement of collegiate chapters in AI. It would be helpful, though, to know which groups have ALUMNAE groups in your area as well and then research the process. Who can sponsor an AI, or start the process for each group? Just because they don't have a chapter locally does not mean they wouldn't consider sponsoring an AI (depending on the group, a chapter might need to be involved at some point... for example, Pi Beta Phi requires both a chapter and an alumnae club to endorse a candidate before it goes for a final approval by Council).

Even if there is no chapter locally, you can still support the community service projects. Have you moved since you were in college? You could also try the GLOs at your alma mater. If you do take that route, you'll need to be able to articulate why you did not pursue membership while an undergraduate.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

bump
Old 03-04-2004, 10:23 PM

Is working with a collegiate chapter in an advisory capacity one of the main reasons you're pursuing AI? If so, it makes sense to limit your search to groups that actually have college chapters where you are, especially if you are not planning on moving.

Some sororities involve their collegiate chapters in AI (as far as approving membership, education, etc) a great deal, some very little. The only way to know is to ask the national HQ.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

ariesrising, very good point!

Reaching out is not just to do with a Chapter, but what can be done for the Community from The Alum Chapter. If it is a long range for a Chapter, so be it!

Todays Chapters can normally use any and all help from one and all!

It is still the grouping and fun with the Ladies who have something in common!

LX Z # 1
Alumni