GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,740
1 members and 1,739 guests
Cookiez17

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2012, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Will it be too difficult for me to participate in recruitment so far from home?

I am planning on participating in formal recruitment at the UW-Seattle this fall. I'm from Tennessee, and I'm looking forward to joining a sorority for many reasons, but especially for a home away from home. My one worry is recruitment. The more I read about recruitment, the more problems with my situation I see. Recruitment at UW is 2 weeks (I think...) before school starts, and at the end of the week, you move right into your chapter house. Here are a few of my concerns, and anything you could say to ease my anxiety would be appreciated.
1. Would it be smarter to wait and buy my sheets, storage, etc. when I get up to Washington since I don't know how much space I'll have, living arrangements, etc? I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not.
2. If I'm not rushed, I will have to live in temporary housing the first semester. I'm afraid this could altar my college experience. What do you think of this?
3. Unlike the majority of the girls rushing at UW (I would assume), I don't live anywhere near within driving distance of the campus obviously. Since I'll be living out of a suitcase, or whatever I can dig out of boxes in the trunk of my car, will I be at a disadvantage? I looked at the recruitment week dress code, so I will be able to plan out outfits, but I'm worried there will be some sort of dress code I'm unprepared for.
Any other experiences you or your sisters have had living in a sorority house far from home would be appreciated SO MUCH! Thank you!