GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,441
1 members and 1,440 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 07-20-2005, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Ark. AGR gets 120 days for "touching"

A Kansas man has pleaded guilty to second-degree sexual assault for touching an incapacitated woman inappropriately on Dec. 12, 2004, at a fraternity house in Fayetteville.
Tyler Shue, 19, of Savonburg, Kan., entered the plea Monday in Washington County Circuit Court.
He was sentenced to serve 120 days in jail, with 60 days of work release. He was ordered to pay $1,000 each in victim and county restitution. He also received six years of probation and will be required to pay the $25 per month probation fee. He was ordered to pay $150 in court costs.
He is to submit a DNA sample at his own expense of $250, and to register as a sex offender after being assessed.
He was charged for actions that occurred at the Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity house.
The name of the victim was not released by law enforcement officials. She reportedly told police that Shue sexually assaulted her by touching her breasts while she was "incapacitated," according to the felony information.
She told police she was at the fraternity house with a group of friends and that, at about 4 a.m., she decided she needed to go to bed, according to the police report.
She said she had been drinking alcohol. The door to her boyfriend’s room, where she was sleeping, was locked, but Shue obtained the master key and went into the bedroom at 5 a.m.
The victim said he startled her, stood over her and his hand was on her breast, according to the police report.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

I see nothing wrong with the punishment. Perhaps adding him to the sex offender registry is a bit harsh considering that it's becoming a bit like crying wolf. In other words, a rapist is not the same as someone who is convicted of 2nd degree sexual assault. Let's not list them together.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 07-26-2005, 04:11 PM
Banned

Re: Ark. AGR gets 120 days for "touching"

KSig RC?

-Rudey

Quote:
Originally posted by hoosier
A Kansas man has pleaded guilty to second-degree sexual assault for touching an incapacitated woman inappropriately on Dec. 12, 2004, at a fraternity house in Fayetteville.
Tyler Shue, 19, of Savonburg, Kan., entered the plea Monday in Washington County Circuit Court.
He was sentenced to serve 120 days in jail, with 60 days of work release. He was ordered to pay $1,000 each in victim and county restitution. He also received six years of probation and will be required to pay the $25 per month probation fee. He was ordered to pay $150 in court costs.
He is to submit a DNA sample at his own expense of $250, and to register as a sex offender after being assessed.
He was charged for actions that occurred at the Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity house.
The name of the victim was not released by law enforcement officials. She reportedly told police that Shue sexually assaulted her by touching her breasts while she was "incapacitated," according to the felony information.
She told police she was at the fraternity house with a group of friends and that, at about 4 a.m., she decided she needed to go to bed, according to the police report.
She said she had been drinking alcohol. The door to her boyfriend’s room, where she was sleeping, was locked, but Shue obtained the master key and went into the bedroom at 5 a.m.
The victim said he startled her, stood over her and his hand was on her breast, according to the police report.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar281
Wow…I’m curious to know what the evidence was. Did the guy self incriminate himself? It’s hard enough to prove rape case and that’s with physical evidence. How do you prove groping?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevlar281
Wow…I’m curious to know what the evidence was. Did the guy self incriminate himself? It’s hard enough to prove rape case and that’s with physical evidence. How do you prove groping?
He pled guilty.

I agree...registering as a sex offender seems a little excessive. I figure someone in Arkansas was wanting to make a point I guess.

PsychTau
Old 07-26-2005, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar281
Quote:
Originally posted by PsychTau
He pled guilty.
People don’t just randomly plead guilty unless they feel it is in their best interest. That’s why I was wondering what the evidence was that would make him plead out, rather then roll the dice with a trial.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Sexually Offending?

It just seems that anytime there is sex involved, they become SEX OFFENDERS. A Ruinatin of Life.

Rember one time I made a Call, a guy was peeing between two cars after dropping His date off at Her Apartment.

Some old Biotch called the Sheriffs Dept. and I got there. Tried to talk the Deaputy out of the Ticket and The old Crone. No, she was dead set against turning Him lose. She did not see His Wee Wee just the flowing of water between cars.

Wanted to slap the shit out of Her.

There is and can be a Huge difference cant there?

LX Z # 1
Alumni